Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
We're not Barca EmptyYesterday at 8:56 pm by Wensdi

» Today's game
We're not Barca EmptyYesterday at 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
We're not Barca EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
We're not Barca EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
We're not Barca EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
We're not Barca EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
We're not Barca EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
We're not Barca EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
We're not Barca EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
We're not Barca EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

We're not Barca

4 posters

Go down

We're not Barca Empty We're not Barca

Post by lee1pen Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:33 pm

We're not BM either and we arnt Chelsea or United yet either.

The way posts are appearing its as if you think we should be playing in the CL as though we've been here for years. We might have a manager whose managed in the CL (and got Inter out of the group stages every time)and players who have CL experience but as a team we arn't used to it, havn't the pace for it yet and are tactically naive in it both on and off the pitch. Its to be expected. The more years we get, the more experience we get the easier it will be but at this moment were still at the bottom end of a learning curve.

So just maybe we should play like we did last season in the prem rather than trying to emulate Barca or BM and feel our way into the competition without too high an expectation. Maybe, just maybe, that why Mancini played with Zab and Korolov at back rather than the more adventurous Richards and Clichy.
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

We're not Barca Empty Re: We're not Barca

Post by shakencity Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:42 pm

Don't think you'll find my post say we're at the top end of that learning curve yet lee.

Going home i couldn't beleive some of the shit some City fans were spouting about Kolarov on GMR, can't tackle, kept getting caught offside, can't cross, no positional awareness, etc, etc, etc. Knobs

I'm not Kolarovs biggest fan admittedly, but i actually thought both he and Zab did ok last night, both contributed to the goals too. The only time Villarreal got down the flanks is when they had an overlap on them, you can't blame the full backs for that.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by lee1pen Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:47 pm

Last night Shaken I would have probably agreed with most things that were posted but by now I've had time to reflect which is why I posted a new article rather than add to the others

Not getting at anyone just giving time for everyone to have a think about it. The one thing that everyone forgets and thats been questioned in the prem is that so far we havn't come from behind and if we have the character to do so. I think 2 out of the 3 CL games we've proven that yes we can and yes we do, which has to be a good thing
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:51 pm

Agreed mate and now we know that, wouldn't it be nice to actually score 1st for once Laughing .
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:49 pm

OK, so back with the Prem sunday, I expect Richards and Clichy to be bombing down the wings, peppering the box with incisive passes, apparently Richards has supplied more goal scoring passes than any defender in the Prem, so I can understand the logic in the way Zaba was criticised, he's not Richards, but he did OK and supplied the cross for the goal. Kolarov? WTF? how can you criticise him for last night, he supplied the cross for the 1st goal, and countless other chances, I think he's finally getting into the groove, being consistant and not being caught out too much.
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:12 pm

Agreed Lee. I posted last night that Kolarov and Zab both played well and that the only time we looked like Barca was against the Spuds Very Happy

My only criticism was Dzeko who had a totally "off game" but I think that's all it was. He has missed the last couple of matches and looked rusty.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by lee1pen Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:14 pm

I think Dzeko is on pace for the Prem but is still lacking when it comes to the mili sec speed needed in the CL. Unfortunately with mancini , quite rightly not wanting to risk a much travelled, recovering from injury Aguero, a suspended Mario (thank god it was last season and not this as he seems to be getting less homesick and more team orientated {another post coming up}) and a Tevez who is overweight,over inflated ego and over here then he had no other option than to start with Dzeko.
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:34 pm

I was told today that a fair percentage of first-time CL clubs don't qualify for the second stage. Man United didn't, Arsenal didn't... don't know how true that is and I can't be arsed checking. If it IS true then that gives us a bit of perspective. You don't have to tell me about the 'Barca' tag, I cringe when I hear that in the media. Villareal are decent, they qualify for the CL almost every year - never once thought of them as 'weak'.

Dzeko smacked in 4 goals in one game. Then he was 'rested'. Don't know about anybody else, but if I've got a striker who has smacked in 4 goals in the previous game, he'll be playing in the next one. I'm not saying it's Mancini's fault Edin can't hit a cow's arse with a barn door at the minute, I'm just saying you shouldn't knock a striker out of his rhythm. Best thing to do is play him against Wolves in the CC, see if he can pick up the scoring rhythm again in that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down