Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Team for Sunday EmptyYesterday at 8:56 pm by Wensdi

» Today's game
Team for Sunday EmptyYesterday at 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Team for Sunday EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Team for Sunday EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Team for Sunday EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Team for Sunday EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Team for Sunday EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Team for Sunday EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Team for Sunday EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Team for Sunday EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Team for Sunday

+4
leopold
Bewar3them00n
blueboy
gratedbean
8 posters

Go down

Team for Sunday Empty Team for Sunday

Post by gratedbean Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:46 pm

... And with a huge sigh of relief after Tuesday nights last grasp winner, we can finally move on to talking about Sunday's game, and engage in some belated pre-derby banter.

In terms of team selection, the keeper, defence, and DMs should provide no headaches for Mancini. Hart will start in goals, with a defence of Richards, Kompany, Lescott and Clichy. My only concern here would be that Lescott will have played three times in the past 10 days, and he is one of our players that seem to struggle with a congested fixture list, albeit this is only a minor concern.

DMs have to be De Jong and Barry. We missed De Jong at OT last season, and we have missed him so far this season (despite our defensive record on paper). As for Barry, he has been one of our unsung heros for me this season, probably his best form in a City shirt, think he's just been a proper pro and gone about is job in an efficient manner. The only other contender for one of these roles in the midfield is Yaya, but last night proved he is much better in an advanced role, whereas a defensive midfielder he is distinctly average.

With regards to both his distribution so far this season and fitness, I'd leave Yaya on the bench against United, although we all know this won't happen. Meaning he will probably start in a central attacking midfield role. I'd then put Silva on the left of him and Milner to the right. Silva needs no explanation, whereas Milner not only deserves a place on merit, but has also showed in recent games that he is much more than a mere 'workhorse'.

In terms of a striker, it's a choice of three; Dzeko drops to third choice for me, since Spurs away he seems to be regressing, where the other two have shone. So who do you choose out of Aguero and Balotelli? Well I bet 99% of football fans in general would pick the Argentine every time, but I'm going to be controversial and go for Balotelli. He can hardly be dropped after recent performances just because Aguero has returned from injury, but not only that, I think Mario could really relish if given the responsibility of leading the frontline at the swamp - with a couple of cheeky winks and a bicycle kick here and there, who knows, we could well end up coming away with a result - and if not we've always got Aguero, Dzeko, Johnson and Nasri on the bench to give them something to think about!

So I've gone for a 4-5-1, Bobby could just as easily go for a 4-4-2, but going of recent performances I think this would be our strongest line up going into Sunday's game.

Thoughts?
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Team for Sunday Empty Re: Team for Sunday

Post by blueboy Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:02 pm

OK Grated - here's mine and why.

HART

RICHARDS KOMPANY LESCOTT CLICHY

is a no-brainer and doesn't need explaining as barr injuries - that is what it will be.

DEJONG

BARRY

we are away from home and he will want to keep the crowd quiet for the first 20-30 minutes, so don't expect expansive football - just solidity, and I agree....Barry has been our unsung hero this season.

MILNER - right, attacking midfield - can get up and down and deserves his place on current form.

SILVA - need i say any more.

BALOTELLI - is in form, has started to track back and support his LB and will wind the fuck out of the rag back 4.

AGUERO - after last nights performance by Dzeko (and i feel like he hasn't deserved being dropped since the spuds game) Sunday is not the game to look to try and regain your confidence. Aguero has shown that he links well with Balotelli and Silva.

The stumbling block is Yaya - I just CANNOT see Mancini dropping him which means Balotelli or Milner will lose their place to him - and his form is pants. He is the one player that needs dropping to the bench, for a rest and to let him know he needs to improve his defensive duties, his passing and his crossing from the bye-lines.

Will be tough - but I really think that Balotelli can offer us more defensively and attacking-wise than Yaya - and Milner can provide more of both - than the both of them.

My thoughts.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:27 pm

According to a few newspaper reports, De Jong and Nasri are both injury doubts. Wouldn't be half as confident if we go there without De Jong again Shocked

If Yaya plays, what will be his third game within 10 days, I'd put my money on him hobbling about the pitch panting (as we have seen him do so often) before the first half is over.

I suppose it all comes down to whether or not Mancini goes for a 4-4-2 or 4-5-1. Either way, Barry, Milner, Silva & Balotelli all more than deserve places in the starting line up on merit alone.
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:41 pm

I'd def drop YaYa to the bench, bring him on in the last 20mins or so to stretch the Utd defence with a few box to box runs.

Hopefully DeJong will be OK, Nasri has been a bit quiet since Spurs, so bench for him as well. On form DeJong Milner Barry Silva, Mario and Aguero, back for is no brainer. But it all depends on how things are going in training, but on form Mario could well score a few against DeGea with his accurate long range shooting, Aguero's cunning boxness following up on shots and his quick thinking with Silva will open UTD up.
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:41 pm

Having seen how sloppy their defence is this season, I'd be tempted to put Aguero, Dzeko and Balo on from the start, with Silva and Milner behind them. That should scare their back four to death!

Is Vidic still out for this one, does anyone know? If he is then we just need to go at them hard from the kick off. Norwich have shown us the way, we just need to attack and be clinical. If we do it right we could be 4 up at half time. They don't look anything special and we need to batter them - which is a double win for us as it makes other teams scared of us and makes them look more beatable.

Although I'll settle for a draw.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:55 pm

I'd like:

Hart
Richards, VK, JoLo, Clichy
NDJ, Barry
Milner, Silva, Aguero
Balotelli

but reckon Bobby will stump for:

Hart
Richards, VK, JoLo, Clichy
Barry, Yaya
Nasri, Silva, Johnson
Balotelli
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:04 pm

I'd go with your team Dawg, although I'd put Balotelli out wide and Aguero up top.

But I think Mancini will go for:

Hart
Richards, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy
De Jong, Barry
Milner, Yaya, Silva
Balotelli/Aguero

Unless De Jong is ruled out, Yaya drops into his place, and Balotelli and Aguero both start.
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:05 pm

....................Hart

Richards, Toure, Kompany, Clichy

........NDJ.........Barry

Johnson....Yaya......Silva

...........Balotelli

No ifs or buts lads and lasses, that's gonna be the team Cool .
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:13 pm

No way AJ should start, agree mario plays well on the wings... cuts in and bang!

................Hart

Richards, Toure, Kompany, Clichy

........NDJ.........Barry

Silva....Yaya......Mario

...........Aguero

Bring in Nasri/AJ for barry if we go behind and push mario up front 4-4-2

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:36 pm

Think I'd go wi PGs team but I'd rather have Milner in than Yaya but thatj just won't happen as we all know
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:06 am

Maybe you should all get together, hold hands and do like a mantra chant - along the lines of "YaYa must be dropped... YaYa must be dropped..." etc. Y'know, the power of positive thought and all that?

Bet y'all can't wait for the African Nations Cup...

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:40 pm

Thing is, by the time the African Nations comes around he'll be at peak fitness, one of those players that doesn't really find his feet till Christmas I reckon, he was the same last year.

I played five a side last night for the first time in about a month, and I thought fuckin hell I'm unfit, might think twice before slagging Yaya off, but then I thought, actually the guy gets paid 200k a week to do this as his job so I won't be holding back!

I'd put a bet on now that Johnson won't start. Think Milner will be preferred for the extra defensive element.
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:11 pm

I'm really interested to see how we do without Yaya for the African Nations Cup.

Will we flourish showing how he held us back or will we struggle and miss him like crazy?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:24 pm

my team is nailed on.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend