Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Players, positions, changes in general..... EmptyToday at 12:52 pm by titbumwilly

» Have it - Four in a row
Players, positions, changes in general..... EmptyToday at 12:39 pm by titbumwilly

» So, it's another last day shoot out.
Players, positions, changes in general..... EmptyFri May 17, 2024 5:36 pm by Topdawg

» Today's game
Players, positions, changes in general..... EmptyThu May 16, 2024 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Players, positions, changes in general..... EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Players, positions, changes in general..... EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Players, positions, changes in general..... EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Players, positions, changes in general..... EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Players, positions, changes in general..... EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Players, positions, changes in general..... EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Players, positions, changes in general.....

+3
Moonchester
BoyWithTheArabsCash
Jordan
7 posters

Go down

Players, positions, changes in general..... Empty Players, positions, changes in general.....

Post by Jordan Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:25 pm

Right fellow blues,

I've noticed the topic seems to come up on nearly every article, so let's have a look at what needs to change.

My opinion:

I like Kolarov, but unfortunately don't think he is ever going to be a premiership LB. Give him time until the end of the season but if he still hasn't improved then we need a new left back.

Ok, RB. Now I keep seeing Alves? Alves! Alves^ INMHO Richards (on form) is better than Alves, he just needs to find that consistency, which he has found in the last few weeks prior to the injury so I think RB is sorted as Zaba and Boateng can play there.

New CB? I'm still undecided on this, especially with Lescott on from, but still think we could do with a world-class CB to partner Vince. Thoughts?

CM....I keep seeing another shout for another creative midfielder? Why? We have De Jong, Silva and Milner, only problem is Mancini doesn't play them 3 in the centre together. I think with them 3 we have all area's covered. Holding defensive infront of the back 4 for extra protection (De Jong), a box to box and cover for when the wing backs go forward (Milner) and a creative attacking midfielder (Silva). Get rid of Yaya, and use Barry when playing more attacking teams and as cover for De Jong.

Also think we should give Johnson a few games in CM next season, similar player to how Ireland was so could be cover for Milner.

NEW WINGER! This is what we need. I think Tevez is going so we've bought a class forward who thrives on crosses into the box. So a winger who is powerful going forward and great at crossing is essential. Bale or Young would be ideal but not sure we'll get them, maybe Jesus Navas and keep Johnson on the left as on the right he'll just cut inside to often.

New striker? If Tevez goes (and we get rid of Balo) then a young ethuastic pacey striker would be perfect, to come on around 65-70mins and run at the defence. This type of player we just don't have. So a 20-22 year old would be great for this role. Similar to what UTD have with Hernandez.

Anyway so that's what I think. Please just City fans comment on this (Spuds and Gooners)

So best line-up for next season:

-----------Hart---------------

Richards-Lescott(NEWCB)Kompany----New LB

----------De Jong------------

----Milner----------Silva--------------

Johnson---Dzeko/Tevez-----NEW WINGER
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Players, positions, changes in general..... Empty Re: Players, positions, changes in general.....

Post by BoyWithTheArabsCash Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:35 pm

We are supposed to be after Alex Sanchez in the CM role, i'd like to see Aguero as a winger/striker. God knows for the defence??? I'll have to come back on that one.
BoyWithTheArabsCash
BoyWithTheArabsCash
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Players, positions, changes in general..... Empty Re: Players, positions, changes in general.....

Post by Moonchester Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:55 pm

I was impressed with Cahill last night as CB.
Sadly Lescott didn't do himself any favours in the eyes of England fans.
Moonchester
Moonchester
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:31 pm

Have to agree - I think Cahill should be bought at all costs - even though we missed a trick with Luiz - should have out-bid Chelsea for him. Imagine Kompany and Luiz????
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:22 am

Chiellini to partner Vinny at the back.

Ashley Young to have as a wide option, especially if Tevez leaves and Dzeko becomes our main striker.

Not sure about a LB, someone like Heinze?

From what I've seen of that Alves lad, he's great going forward, but not that great when it comes to the defensive work.

We should never have bought Yaya Toure - Milner is a much better box to box midfielder.

gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:41 am

I too think Cahill would be a good signing, so get him before the Rags do.

Not too sure about Ashley Young, he seems very inconsistant but maybe in a better team he may flourish. What about Ribery......no?

LB is the main priority imo, Zab, Lescott and Kolarov just haven't got the pace required and ultimately aren't good enough. Clichy would be ideal.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonchester Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:35 am

Could skip Clichy and go for Gibbs, very similar mould and a tad younger..

Think Young is on his way to Rags (red mates think it's a done deal). Cahill is still up for grabs at the minute, that would be a good statement very early in the transfer window then we can start to clear a few out.

Vinny and Cahill fro CB, Richards RB, Gibbs LB and Boateng as cover for all 4... Zab and Kolorov both for utility and midfield, can shift all the other defenders for me...
Ned - 5mil to Sunderland
Toure - 3mil to anyone who wants him
Lescott - 6mil to any bidders
Boyatta - £2.99 to somebody
Moonchester
Moonchester
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyWithTheArabsCash Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:36 am

Gareth Bale for LB anyone?? Long shot i know, but i would.

To be honest, i've not saw much of Cahill, but the bits i have he does look good.

Wouldn't have Young, not good enough imho, lets go and get Aguero, him, Dzeko and AJ, what a forward line.
BoyWithTheArabsCash
BoyWithTheArabsCash
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by emjaydee Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:14 pm

LB - Baines or Enrique (Newcastle)
emjaydee
emjaydee
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:37 am

BWTC - I know what you're saying about Young, sometimes I see him and think he wouldn't be worth it, but sometimes I think he really could be an asset. I think you also need to consider he's playing in a pretty gash Villa side at the moment who have pretty much nothing to go for. We'll see anyway.

Definitely need a new CB and new LB though - Lescott may have upped his game, but he's still not the top standard of player we now need, how many times does he win the ball and then balloon it up in the air?

Kolarov will be a decent player to have in the squad, but probably more as a midfielder, I will run bollock naked down market street this time next year if he has turned into a PL quality LB by then.
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down