Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

shakencity

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
AVB in trouble with the FA? EmptyToday at 7:08 pm by shakencity

» Have it - Four in a row
AVB in trouble with the FA? EmptyToday at 12:39 pm by titbumwilly

» So, it's another last day shoot out.
AVB in trouble with the FA? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 5:36 pm by Topdawg

» Today's game
AVB in trouble with the FA? EmptyThu May 16, 2024 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
AVB in trouble with the FA? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
AVB in trouble with the FA? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
AVB in trouble with the FA? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
AVB in trouble with the FA? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
AVB in trouble with the FA? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
AVB in trouble with the FA? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

AVB in trouble with the FA?

+4
ONH
blueboy
leopold
Topdawg
8 posters

Go down

AVB in trouble with the FA? Empty AVB in trouble with the FA?

Post by Topdawg Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:32 am

But at least he says it as it is.

He said chelsea were lucky to get away with a push on ashley young in the 1st half and cahill fouled welbeck outside the area.

but the ref should not compensate for these mistakes in the 2nd half. maybe the pressure put on him by utd paid off. the 2nd penalty was absurd.

good on ya AVB. respect is a two way street. Respect should also be earned not expected as a right. The FA doesn't respect the players, so why do they want respect in return for nothing?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

AVB in trouble with the FA? Empty Re: AVB in trouble with the FA?

Post by leopold Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:03 am

It's typical of the FA, this. It's supposed to be an overarching organisation that decides on the rules, looks after fixtures, provides match officials, aids in resolution of disputes and hands out appropriate punishments for transgressions. But nowadays it's like the RIAA - it's too far behind the times, so instead of trying to catch up, it's turned into a draconian junta, ruling with an iron rod, whacking anyone who dissents. The FA don't like it when managers find fault and if they come after AVB, it'll prove he was right.

On a related note, anyone see AVB's interview on MOTD2? Very cagey, very wary that the interviewer was trying to trip him up - pointedly asked if Fergie was going to be asked the same questions. He's clearly under a lot of pressure and I expect he'll be gone soon. Which I think is unfair on this occasion, the ref basically handed the rags a point with two soft penalties, I don't think they'd have scored at all without them. Same as against Stoke.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:28 am

What a game!

For what it's worth - Young got away with an early tackle from behind, then Cahill should have been sent off within 3 minutes of the tackle. Now, I just think after all of the debate over Kompany's red card so early on in a big game...maybe Webb thought that if he rejected the appeal of a foul/penalty, he wouldn't have to make the decision to send Cahill off as the last man, deal with the incident and would've had to.

The first of United's penalties was a penalty, there was no doubt about it.....but the second, no idea what Webb was thinking about, because if he honestly saw and deemed that a penalty, then he was wrong. If he guessed, then he was wrong.

Give United credit - they went all out and attacked Chelsea and they capitulated at the back - not sure they would have if Terry was playing.

And to be fair to De Gea....one wonder save saved United.

AVB, Taggert, Wenger, Mancini...whoever it is, should be able to call it as they see it......referees do and that impact on the result of a game and possibly the employment of a manager. The FA need to grow up and get into the 21st century........over the summer, this is one area that needs sorting out.

A ref is never held accountable to the media, the fans, the TV stations. They never have to explain why they gave a decision and admit the ones they got wrong...but the managers and players are interviewed immediately after the game and asked to make a comment. It's all wrong.

The FA receive TV money from the rights, this in turn is filtered out to the refs association to pay these guys top salaries - £100k pa + £1500 per match - in some cases, these refs will do 2 games per week:

So these refs can earn £5000 pw......so there is no excuse that teams receive media money so should give interviews after the match - when refs ultimately receive something similar and in some cases earn more than most League 1 and 2 players.

Sort it FA....its beyond a joke now.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ONH Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:44 am

I've said it before & I'll say it again, the ref has the hardest job on the pitch. Anyone who thinks different should try reffing a game at any level never mind the Prem where the games played at 100mph.

ONH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:49 am

ONH wrote:I've said it before & I'll say it again, the ref has the hardest job on the pitch. Anyone who thinks different should try reffing a game at any level never mind the Prem where the games played at 100mph.

No excuse.......then they should know that players make tackles at 100mph and sometimes, they make contact with the ball and can't stop themselves - i.e. Torres.

What do you want - the game to be slowed down so refs get the chance to make a right call?

We all know they are human and make mistakes - but what's annoying is that they get away with it, and are exempt from the mandatory post-match interview...it's wrong.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ONH Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:55 am

no mate, just want fans to stop whinging about refs after every game. Their human, they make mistakes but its nothing new is it, remember how England won the World Cup in 66!

ONH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:07 pm

Nah i'm sorry ONH i have to agree with blue here. Admittedly the refs job is a thankless task at times but some blatently crap decisions that have a detrimental effect on the game have to be explained. They, like managers, should imo HAVE TO face the media after a game, if anything just to clear a few "issues" up. We all know this won't happen though!

Another crap refereeing decision over the weekend that affected the outcome of the game was the Huth sending off for Stoke. Wtf was the ref looking at to think that warrented a red card, disgraceful decision. And you wonder why fans/managers whinge after a game ONH.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by AMillionDifferentPeople Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:02 pm

We should blame the linesman instead!!
AMillionDifferentPeople
AMillionDifferentPeople
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by ONH Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:36 pm

yeh but most football fans do like a whinge anyway, on forums like this &radio phone ins after every game.

ONH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:18 pm

ONH wrote:no mate, just want fans to stop whinging about refs after every game. Their human, they make mistakes but its nothing new is it, remember how England won the World Cup in 66!
Not directly, it was 4 years before I was born, but I've seen the footage of the controversial goal-that-wasn't. You could argue that it wouldn't have changed a thing, in that the score would've still been 3-2 in our favour ultimately. Or you could argue that the whole game could've changed in the German's favour.

But that was 45 years ago and refs were making a mess of it then. So what have the FA done in all that time to ensure that mistakes like this are minimised?

Erm... they introduced a fourth official to make substitutions easier and a technical area to stop managers storming the pitch. And they are only considering the use of goal line officials, whose only role is to determine the difference between a goal kick and a corner and aren't allowed to pass calls for penalties or even if the ball crossed the line for a goal!

Every other sport has moved forward. Tennis has a system which allows players to question a judge's decision on a limited number of occasions, following strings of bad calls in the late 80s and early 90s caused by players becoming faster and more powerful. Rugby has referees who are attached to wireless microphones, so they can explain their decisions as they happen, and can call for replays of incidents, to take account for the increased speed of the game. Even cricket, with it's relatively lethargic pace, have a system which can actually determine whether an LBW has actually happened, along with a system of replays and extra officials to review whether players are in or out.

All the technology needed to make the game fairer is available, but for some reason it's still preferable to maintain referees whose average age is the same as it was 60 years ago when the game was played at a much more leisurely pace. Like I said before, the FA is as arcane as the music industry, refusing to move with the times and instead throwing its weight around like the huge, outmoded dinosaur that it is.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:47 pm

Well said Leo.

I'm not one for introducing full-on technology for everything, but surely there has to be a compromise. The argument that the game is too quick these days only add weight for it's introduction..therefore, is a non-argument!!

As fans we just would like the ref to explain why they did or didn't make a decision....simple as that. We know that they are human and make mistakes.

I've been in aviation for over 20 years - and over 75% of accidents are down to Human Error - Fact.

If the refs cannot keep up - they need help.

If the refs are not given the help needed - they MUST explain why a decision has been made.

It's a simple remedy....but one which the governing bodies are oblivious too.

If I was a manager - I would be straight into the refs dressing room after the match (which is allowed) and ask the question why and explain to the ref that the media will want me to comment on the situation so I need an answer to tell. If the ref isn't forthcoming, I would tell him that this is what I will tell the media afterwards....."the ref refused to comment"......thereby forcing an explanation or forcing the FA to do something about it. The managers wouldn't be doing anything wrong in taking this approach and therefore the FA could do fuck all about any comment made to the manager from the ref being passed on to the media.

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:41 pm

I agree with you, Blue. There's no way we could have the level of tech that we see in those other sports as there's fewer natural breaks in play, but there must be some things that can be done. And here's my view:

1. Goal line refs should be introduced, but give them the power to call when the ball crosses the line for a goal and for transgressions in the penalty area.

2. Force the refs to communicate with his assistants. Simply done as in rugby, with wireless headsets.

3. Make refs responsible and accountable for decisions, which could either be communicated over the grounds PA system, or afterwards in an interview.

4. Increase the fitness of refs so they can keep up. And if they can't, then they go to lower leagues.

5. An overhaul of the rules. Removing the shirt once shouldn't be a bookable offence, offside is offside and simulation should be punished. Make it easier for the ref to make a call.

6. Ban crowding of the ref. A great rugby rule, this, only the captain talks to the ref, anyone else gets booked.

That should be enough, and not a video replay or electronic eye in sight!
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:51 pm

i would agree with that leo but would still want the use of tech when a goal is scored or foul on the edge of the box or a dangerous tackle. natural breaks in play which wouldn't hold up the game.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:54 pm

I did think of that, Dawg. But then this is the FA we're dealing with. Let's get them up to the 1990s first, before offering up any new fangled video tech from 10 years ago! Laughing
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonchester Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:54 pm

I keep saying it and still stand by it... Rugby has a good system.

Basically take nothing away from the referee, unless he calls for a video review then it can be looked at by 4th or 5th official.

I do like number 6 there Leo.
Moonchester
Moonchester
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:13 am

i thought footy players weren't supposed to crowd the ref anyway?

did you see andy carroll telling the ref to 'fuck off' on numerous occasions last night?

let's get the refs booking players for such behaviour as it really was way over the top.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:27 am

What's hard about the refs going into both changing rooms before the game (like they did when i was playing) and saying "any swearing aimed directly at me will be an instant red card", afterall, is that not classed as "foul and abusive language".

The refs need to stop pussy footing around and get um carded, i'm willing to bet when they have the prospect of serving a 3 match ban, they don't do it again.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonchester Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:29 am

Anyone looking at that last night would have said, um why the card.. oh, he saif [email=F@#K]F@#K[/email] OFF directly at the referee 3 times in a row..

ah well, silly bugger.. hope he enjoys his ban...
Moonchester
Moonchester
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by AMillionDifferentPeople Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:35 am

I told the Ref to fuck off once. Red carded, 4 game ban and £40 fine, i havn't done it since. I was told via a FA letter that swearing wasn't tolerated at ANY LEVEL of football....... They have yet to reply to my letter asking why it doesn't happen in the premier league.
AMillionDifferentPeople
AMillionDifferentPeople
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:27 pm

because they'd have to suspend most teams.

you are easy meat AMDP
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:15 pm

seems to me that the "Fuck off " to the ref is fair game again, no? Rooney, Carroll, and numerous others in the recent live games I've seen! If they do start clamping down on it, wouldn't be typical for someone from City to get sent off?! we don't seem to be as abusive as other teams, I'm sure we do get it uttered, but I don't recall seeing it lately, we also don't crowd the ref like other teams over contentious decisions, god knows we've had enough lately to blow up several times!
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:59 pm

our foreign players don't seem to say it and our english lads seem decent sorts.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down