Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

titbumwilly, Wensdi

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Does Ya Ya Know Something We don't EmptyToday at 11:00 pm by Wensdi

» Have it - Four in a row
Does Ya Ya Know Something We don't EmptyToday at 12:39 pm by titbumwilly

» So, it's another last day shoot out.
Does Ya Ya Know Something We don't EmptyFri May 17, 2024 5:36 pm by Topdawg

» Today's game
Does Ya Ya Know Something We don't EmptyThu May 16, 2024 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Does Ya Ya Know Something We don't EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Does Ya Ya Know Something We don't EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Does Ya Ya Know Something We don't EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Does Ya Ya Know Something We don't EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Does Ya Ya Know Something We don't EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Does Ya Ya Know Something We don't EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Does Ya Ya Know Something We don't

+3
ManCityMan
shakencity
Wensdi
7 posters

Go down

Does Ya Ya Know Something We don't Empty Does Ya Ya Know Something We don't

Post by Wensdi Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:54 pm

That article in the MEN regarding Mario being a super star - will we get to see a bit of that then when he returns from his ban. He does have flashes of brilliance I admit, but a lot of the time he looks like he can't be arsed and I've seen him just stand there if someone does win the ball from him - he rarely tries to recover it.

Please Mario - let's see what you really can do - consistently.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Does Ya Ya Know Something We don't Empty Re: Does Ya Ya Know Something We don't

Post by shakencity Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:00 pm

Super star, yeah right. Rumour has it Milan want him back.........sorry, let him go i say!
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:15 pm

To be honest i am still waiting to see some of this brilliance that the press and pundits seem to think he is gifted with. He is undoubtedly talented but superstar status is a long, long way off for the kid in m opinion.
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:58 am

I knew there'd be problems with him when I took my lad to buy his City shirt last season. We'd only just signed Balo then and you could already get a shirt printed with "Super Mario". Such gestures always end with us looking silly. Fortunately, his off-field antics have distracted us all from the fact that, on the pitch, he's just not that super.

I agree with Wensdi, I'd like to see him put in a shift in every game. But I doubt we'd ever see that.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:21 pm

Balo, Dzecko, Kolarov, Tevez are clearance material as far as i am concerned. Anyone agree or have others to add to the list?
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:43 pm

Dzeko works hard for the team and is a team player, to get rid of such a player is total nonsense considering we are always accused of having individual merceneries. Akll dzeko needs is a run of games and a bit of support from the wide men.. when aguero linked up the play with him on saturday yhey caused the fulham defense a lot of problems. instead of being quick to disguard we should be seen to play to the individuals strengths. kolarov i do agree with as he was bought to play left back but is a woeful defender. I cannot see him getting any better, and as we have a good set of options for midfield it would be in my opinion right to cash in on him. Tevez is a no brainer. Balotelli comes as he is rightly or wrongly he is the one player who can do the unorthodox and win us a game, equally he can lose us a game in an instance also. i feel he is a risk worth persevering with, but there will come a time as it does with all players when enough is enough. then we will see which way his career will progress.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:46 pm

No - I think we should keep Edin - he will eventually attain some consistency - he tries hard - always puts in a shift - as skyblueoz says - if he gets a good run of games, he'll do well. He was benched by RM for showing discension - and hasn't quite got his rhythm back yet.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:09 pm

Balo, Dzecko, Kolarov, Tevez are clearance material as far as i am concerned. Anyone agree or have others to add to the list?

Savic,RSC,Weiss,Bridge,kolo,Adebeyor,David platt
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:48 pm

I have tried to be patient with Dzeko but i don't buy the "give him a run of games " theory. He has had a run of games while Balo has been out and he has looked lost at times and totally ineffective, he scored one tap in from 3 yards. I will agree he is good at holding up the ball to wait for suport from Aguero or midfield but in terms of being a natural goal scorer i am not convinced, he rarely shoots from any more than 6 yards.

He does get poor service for headers i must admit, especially from Kolarov and Johnson who seem incapable of putting in quality crosses so maybe its not all his fault. I would love him to prove me wrong and go on a goal scoring frenzy but i suspect it aint going to happen. The run of games theory also fails because he is never going to get a run of games if Bobby keps rotating him with Balo or Aguero, so when he gets a chance like now he has to show us what he can do and it's not happening either because he is not getting the service or he isn't good enough.

Just my opinion No
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:24 pm

Erm....... he's already got 12 goals
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:48 pm

i have to disagree about the 6 yard tap ins v spurs 1 very difficult header i screamer from the edge of the box and 1 where he got in front of bassong to to steer the ball in. He did not score v sunderland but hit the woodwork from distance twice. Of course at times he looks lost when we play 1 up and he goes chasing out to the touchline for balls as we have no widemen, when we defend deep he is usually back in our half clearing the lines then has to link up the play at the other end. i just feel we are very harsh in our criticism we have rarely had an out and out goalscorer, Bar tevez and Goater in recent years. anelka, wanchope, bojinov, bianchi, mpenza, adebayor,Fowler all contributed but none prolific. Dzeko had a good ratio in the Bundesliga and european competition. his record i'm sure will be comparable to the list above but i feel his contribution to the team is good and the different option he gives will also prove an asset.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by coolenglishbob Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:38 pm

Dzeko puts more into 1 game than Balo puts in in 3.Granted he has not been as prolific as he was in Germany,but in Germany he had suppliers who put the ball to his head, and to hes feet in the area.He does not have the same service at City,Kolarov is not Prem. class,and Johnson is just not showing the same as when he first joined us.
There are signs that Aguerro has an understanding with him, and if that ever materializes watch out the rest!! Smile

coolenglishbob
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:48 pm

It's just me then drunken
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down