Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

Jwils2710

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Brazilians (The Footballers, Not The Wax) EmptyToday at 8:49 am by Jwils2710

» So, it's another last day shoot out.
Brazilians (The Footballers, Not The Wax) EmptyFri May 17, 2024 5:36 pm by Topdawg

» Today's game
Brazilians (The Footballers, Not The Wax) EmptyThu May 16, 2024 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Brazilians (The Footballers, Not The Wax) EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Brazilians (The Footballers, Not The Wax) EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Brazilians (The Footballers, Not The Wax) EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Brazilians (The Footballers, Not The Wax) EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Brazilians (The Footballers, Not The Wax) EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Brazilians (The Footballers, Not The Wax) EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Brazilians (The Footballers, Not The Wax) EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Brazilians (The Footballers, Not The Wax)

4 posters

Go down

Brazilians (The Footballers, Not The Wax) Empty Brazilians (The Footballers, Not The Wax)

Post by emjaydee Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:55 pm

I just wondered why it was that, out of all the various nations represented in the Premier League, why Brazilians seem to have one of the lowest success rates?
Recent Brazilian’s at City (Robinho,Elano, Sylvinho & Jo) have hardly set the place alight, although the first two did at least start brightly before fading as the weather worsened!
In fact, this malaise seems to affect most recent Brazilian imports:

Lucas, Anderson, Fabio, even Rafael has yet to cement the rightback berth at the scum.

If asked to name successful players in the English league from various South American nations you could probably name quite a few Argies (Tevez, Ardiles), Ecuadorians (Valencia), even Peruvians (Solano), but successful Brazilians … I can only think of one – Juninho at Boro.

So why do we think Brazilian players struggle over here, it cant just be the weather?

Got any more Brazilian successes or failures?
emjaydee
emjaydee
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Brazilians (The Footballers, Not The Wax) Empty Re: Brazilians (The Footballers, Not The Wax)

Post by BoyWithTheArabsCash Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:04 pm

I think the game is just too pacey for them. Their used to having time on the ball, thats why they are more suited to the likes of Italy, where the game is played at a snails pace.

You forgot the only successful Brazilian, the legend that was Berti.
BoyWithTheArabsCash
BoyWithTheArabsCash
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Brazilians (The Footballers, Not The Wax) Empty Re: Brazilians (The Footballers, Not The Wax)

Post by lee1pen Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:11 pm

Think your a bit harsh on Elano, but I would think that as I rated him highly. I never bought into the weather thing as he did ok all through Svens season including playing at full back. He did ok in Russia as well. I think the problem was having 3 of them in the same team, sorry 4 at one stage, in that i dont think Hughes valued their workrate and he couldnt discipline Robinho so took it out on Elano (who was almost as gobby as Bellers) Smile
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by lee1pen Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:18 pm

sorry did we have FIVE brazilians at one stage ....probably as many as will adorn the wags bench at the carling cup
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:24 pm

I thought Elano was ok too but Hughes did not like him for whatever reason and there were many rumours such as causing unrest in the dressing room etc.
A bit harsh on Sylvinho i think as he was a stop gap signing and was about 36 years old.
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down