Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Are you worried that we haven't signed anyone? EmptyToday at 12:52 pm by titbumwilly

» Have it - Four in a row
Are you worried that we haven't signed anyone? EmptyToday at 12:39 pm by titbumwilly

» So, it's another last day shoot out.
Are you worried that we haven't signed anyone? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 5:36 pm by Topdawg

» Today's game
Are you worried that we haven't signed anyone? EmptyThu May 16, 2024 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Are you worried that we haven't signed anyone? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Are you worried that we haven't signed anyone? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Are you worried that we haven't signed anyone? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Are you worried that we haven't signed anyone? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Are you worried that we haven't signed anyone? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Are you worried that we haven't signed anyone? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Are you worried that we haven't signed anyone?

+3
shakencity
Bewar3them00n
Topdawg
7 posters

Go down

Are you worried that we haven't signed anyone? Empty Are you worried that we haven't signed anyone?

Post by Topdawg Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:47 am

2 days of the transfer window to go and we still haven't got ourselves a big name.

I do think you need one big name to freshen things up every season - barca and madrid do it and they aren't bad teams!

Is anyone bothered that we haven't got ourselves that one big name or are you happy picking up bits and pieces (Rodwell, Sinclair, Natasic)?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Are you worried that we haven't signed anyone? Empty Re: Are you worried that we haven't signed anyone?

Post by Bewar3them00n Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:04 am

Still time for rabbit out of the hat!
As City have shown over the last few seasons, we often leave it to the last minute!
But to counter your big name theory.. TEVEZ, is like a new signing, for us, we thought he was on the way out, but he's come back fitter and focussed, even speaking English on camera!
Often getting rid just to bring new people in means there's the "getting to know you" scenario, fitting in, leaning the systems etc.. you could argue that our players already know the system and should have a headsart, but our form would piss on that theory..hmmm!
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Are you worried that we haven't signed anyone? Empty Re: Are you worried that we haven't signed anyone?

Post by Topdawg Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:08 am

talk of maicon coming in - at least he'd be cover in defence, through not central defence.

nastasic looks expensive for £12M+Savic (12,000,000.01) but i haven't seen him play at all.i would have loved hazard and martinez, but not to be.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:45 am

Spoke to my contact at City this morn (as he gave me tickets for this weekends game.....get in) and he said the next 2 days are gonna be hectic at the club.

He wouldn't tell me anything that was going on or give me any names of possible ins or outs, he just said "expect things to happen".......make of that what you will.

So to answer your question Dawg.....No!
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:35 am

big news is that rocky is going to spain!

bobby will be pushing for one big name....who could it be?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:00 am

Scott Sinclair fee agreed...

Under going a medical as we speak Smile
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:17 am

Dzeko to Arsenal? £18m rumour.... can't see it as we are down a striker and Mario is, well... er... Mario!
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:17 am

Thank God Walcott is staying at Arsenal! phew.....!!!!
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:35 am

no way dzeko to the arse. unless we have cavanni lined up.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:26 pm

To be honest I'm not ecstatic with the signings we have made
Rodwell average player who couldn't get in Evertons MF, Sinclair who in my opinion is no better than AJ and a 19yr old unknown Serbian kid for a ridiculous fee But at least we have got shot of wasters like Adebayor, Savic & hopefully RSC
All of our rivals have made much better and more exciting signings so far. Great opportunities have been missed with Van Pussy, Hazard, Oscar, Carzola, Dembele, Moses etc... Even Everton who I expect to mount a serious threat to the top 4 this year have made some excellent squad strengthening signings
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:42 pm

Be interested to see if we do land a "Marquee" signing think the only place we really need to strengthen ( if we do land defenders in the Serb and Maicon) is midfield, cover for Yaya is paramount, we fall apart and have no real plan B if he's injured or away on ACN, surely this has to be addressed at some point? I'd swap all the other signings for a top attacking midfielder like Yaya.
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by coolenglishbob Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:45 pm

When we signed Vinnie Kompany he was not a big name.The clubs would be queing up for him if he went on the market now,so you never know who is coming in,be patient and see.Smile

coolenglishbob
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:33 pm

Good point Bob - but by the same token what about Savic - we could have done without him - LOL
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:31 pm

there have been plenty of bad uns (mostly signed by hughes) and the odd nugget. we just have to fins a way of getting more nuggets than duds.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down