Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» Have it - Four in a row
Munich Bandwagon EmptyYesterday at 9:59 pm by Topdawg

» 23/24 Prediction League
Munich Bandwagon EmptyYesterday at 8:49 am by Jwils2710

» So, it's another last day shoot out.
Munich Bandwagon EmptyFri May 17, 2024 5:36 pm by Topdawg

» Today's game
Munich Bandwagon EmptyThu May 16, 2024 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Munich Bandwagon EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Munich Bandwagon EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Munich Bandwagon EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Munich Bandwagon EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Munich Bandwagon EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Munich Bandwagon EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Munich Bandwagon

+8
BoyWithTheArabsCash
Admin
shakencity
bellyblue
TMG
gratedbean
Wensdi
Paulpowersleftfoot
12 posters

Go down

Munich Bandwagon Empty Munich Bandwagon

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:24 pm

The media are whipping up a growing witchhunt over the yaya chant from last night but perhaps it is bringing to a head something which has needed addressing for a long time.Make no mistake about last night being the minority because it wasn't.There seems to be an acceptance(certainly among the younger supporters) that calling a utd fan a Munich is acceptable.It reminds me very much of the seventies when black players suffered dreadful abuse at football games which I believe through integration and education has more or less been eradicated at football matches,I certainly don't think someone shouting racist abuse at a black player would be tolerated at eastlands and they would be castigated by all around them if it happened.
To an extent both types of chanting are similar,the only real difference being the racist attacks are largely personal but are equally unwelcome in today's society.So what can we do to stop it ?
Perhaps through all the supporters clubs we could design a leaflet to be handed out by volunteers at all turnstiles and repeated constantly on forums so the message is hammered home and then perhaps that feeling of shame when you hear supporters of our club can be transferred to those doing the chanting.
On a personal note I would say I can't stand the arrogant rags as much as the next man but we must all have a line that shouldn't be crossed and with City emerging as a worldwide "brand",now is the time to put a stop to it I think
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Munich Bandwagon Empty Re: Munich Bandwagon

Post by Wensdi Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:40 pm

Absolutely spot on. We won't get any respect if some of our fans continue with this unacceptable stupidity.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:55 pm

I agree with you, I'm 20 and I go to the match with my dad and my brother, and since going to City he's always told us not to join in with Munich chants, so we don't.

But a lot of lads I know, my age, mainly sitting in the singing section aswell, do sing Munich chants. One of them is up in court soon for being caught grafitying the toilets at the swamp with a Munich slur, and facing a possible 3 year ban from all football stadiums.

He goes to the home games, away games, and European ones, but he is the worst football fan I have seen in my life. Thing is he doesn't even go to fight, he's just a little cunt.

I think we should start an 'MCFC Supporters Against Munich Chants' group, or something along those lines, so that those singing the chants can see that the majority of blues oppose them.

Any thoughts or ideas how to go about this? Facebook is the only way I can think of starting one, but I'm not sure how many of you older geezas have it! Sick of being branded bitter and classless due to an ignorant minority.
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:31 pm

These people really are fucking idiots. Most of em haven't got a clue about the Munich Air Disaster, who died, what caused it or why they are even chanting
Legendary Man City goalkeeper Frank Swift, who was working for one of the rag (no pun intended) newspapers at the time also died in the crash. Only 8 of the 23 who died were United players the rest were coaching staff, supporters, cabin crew & journalists

All decent fans need to gang up on these fucking dick heads & tell them to shut the fuck up. If the rest of the stadium booed when these turds chanted the songs then they would soon keep quiet

Last edited by TMGBlue - The Explosive O on Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:12 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Oops. I fucked up again)
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:46 pm

I've put a page up on facebook, like it if you are on fb, it's a start anyway. The link should work but give me a shout if it doesn't.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/MCFC-Supporters-Against-Munich-Chants/116259955122632?sk=page_getting_started#!/pages/MCFC-Supporters-Against-Munich-Chants/116259955122632?sk=info
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:05 pm

Good shout - Facebook is used more by younger people and its probably the younger fans showing their ignorance of the tragedy.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:10 pm

I agree with that, most of my blue mates on facebook are probably guilty of using the slur - I know several of them were at B'burn last night inparticular.
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:23 pm

Don't want to dwell on it - but I have never heard the chant. Couldn't really tell what was being sung last night (except for Bluemoon and City We Love You). What is the chant?
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:27 pm

"Who put the ball in the Munichs net - Ya-ya Tou-re" or something along those lines. It's a minority at COMs, but I'd say it was a majority of the away fans last night unfortunately.
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by bellyblue Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:59 pm

I have a son nearly 24yrs old now who is a seasoncard holder and been going most away games this year, he sits/stands in the Eaststand with the mainly young City fans who do most of the singing next to the away fans, I have drumed it into him the rights and wrongs and especially the Munich chants... But unfortunatly i have been in Mary D's before the game and lots of Munich chants go on in there, more so on Derby days and even some older fans (who should know better) are all at it! I had him and 4 of his mates having breakfast before the Semi final at 6.30 am and again told them all not to get dragged into trouble, Munich chants and the usual stay with the City crowds... But thats just me preaching to a few, will they take note? i would like to think so. They went last night and said the atmosphere was brilliant and fantastic support but sadly there was the YaYa munich song/chant. I'm not sure other than us older generation along with the real City younger fans starting some kind of campaign? I will support your facebook status Gratedbean top idea!
bellyblue
bellyblue
Youth Team
Youth Team

http://bellytheblue@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:20 pm

As a member of the old farts club,I don't do facebook.
You may see me in the corner of the south stand(near the all we need is Jo singers)I'll be the miserable old bastard telling the young ones to shut the fuck up and have some respect
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:07 pm

See, in my naivety I'd always thought the term 'Munich' had evolved to mean simply a support base which has been built on a tragedy - no longer the mocking of the loss of life. Seems that isn't the case. Personally, I don't think 'Munich' CAN be evolved and it's better to be avoided altogether.

I used to stand with a rum bunch - this is going back to the 1980's - who had no qualms belting out the 'runway' chant; I never joined in, would sing something else instead. And it was nice to see, over the years, how these chants were quickly drowned out by alternative songs. City fans HAVE tried to turn this around, a fact never reflected in the media. As I got older I did get into a few 'heated' exchanges with pro-Munich-chanters but the trouble is you're dealing with people who've got fewer brain cells than a fence post. They're beyond reasoning.

I do think this 'facebook' thing should be brought to the media's attention, to show City fans DO care. They might report it. Unfortunately, there's an ongoing agenda to discredit the club and shame the supporters. It would be helpful, for example, if our noiseless neighbours (or is it the Prem?) would cease dropping the OT derby on or in close proximity to the 'anniversary' every season - clearly an attempt to disgrace the fans in front of a world-wide audience.

Anyhoo, I fully support the 'facebook' idea. Is it enough? I dunno. Change can only come from within though.

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:21 am

I've heard a lot of blues saying they've had 'heated' exchanges with other blues for chanting Munich songs, me dads one example, and I have to admit it was pretty bad where I was sat at Wembley, my mate sat a bit higher than us even said it sparked some to fight amongst themselves. It wouldn't be great for fighting to erupt amongst ourselves at Eastlands, but at the same time I think the best way to deal with this issue is for it to come from the fans - club investigations etc clearly have little effect.

I agree with a lot of people saying it's mainly coming from the younger fans. The group actually applies to most of the blues I am friends with on Facebook, and a lot of them also sit in the singing section. Someone on 606 suggested booing at matches when Munich chants come up which could be one way, but I think we need to get a few more people in that group first else they'll just say 50 people in a facebook group doesn't come close to the few thousand at Blackburn the other night.

It just makes us look classless and there is absolutely nothing to be gained from singing these songs. Anyway here's another shorter link to the group if you find yourselves with a few spare minutes to post it around in the right places cheers!

https://www.facebook.com/liveforcity/
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:45 am

I can fully relate to these young fuckwits at the minute. I went to Chesterfield to see the Shakers clinch promotion on Monday but when they equalised these wankers invaded the pitch and sadly this was the result (if you've not already seen it).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-13192968

I think this is just the society we live in now i'm afraid, these kids have no respect for anything anymore. A couple of lagers inside them and they have a total disregard for everything.

Grated,
If i was on facebook fella i'd support it 100%, these youngsters need to be put in their place for the good of the game. Good luck with it.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:50 am

I would happily smash some blues teeth out If I was within arms reach of them.

The ONLY time I would smack a Blue.

Can't stand shit like this.

Admin
Youth Team
Youth Team

https://606bluemoonlegends.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyWithTheArabsCash Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:00 am

It seems to be creeping back, although its always been there, there does seem to be a lot of late teens, early 20's, baseball cap, Stone Island wearing types , that seem to think its acceptable and don't give a shit what anyone else thinks.

You only have to go in Mary D's pre match and you will see a lot of fuckwits joining in with songs.

Unfortunately it seems that we have a generation that have been dragged up by their 'the world owes us a living' parents, who haven't been taught the basic social skills that are acceptable to normal society and will continue their 'don't give a shit' attitude, until the Club does something about it and gets rid of these pricks.
BoyWithTheArabsCash
BoyWithTheArabsCash
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by AMillionDifferentPeople Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:57 am

Ive heard, and sang on occasion before i knew better, the 'he's not munich any more' chant sung about every ex rag at MR, COMS and most loudly about Terry Cooke at wembley against Gillingham, it'll be sung by the minority with the odd ones joining in. Just a few weeks ago the away fans were a credit to the club during the hilsbrough silence so i hope its a one off while the emotions are still running high.
AMillionDifferentPeople
AMillionDifferentPeople
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:00 am

Have you seen this little cunt here?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Doing-the-Poznan-at-the-Royal-Wedding/104430626311665?ref=ts&sk=wall#!/permalink.php?story_fbid=104661692955225&id=104430626311665

These kids are exactly the ones who are joining in with the chants at the moment, I think it's down to you older lot to set them straight! Vince, I think it's time you started knee capping!
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:15 am

I'm not too old for Facebook - have joined the movement! I hated being sat on the coach to Wembley with a load of blokes old enough to know better, singing these vile chants. I refused to join in and told my son about it all and he agrees it's not very nice. So there's one win, if nothing else.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:04 am

Well I will say one thing fellas/ladies.........it comes to something when our clubs greatest player is quoted in the press, douncing this outburst/culture as embarrassing and degrading the club.

Have to agree with all thats been said, especially the FB page - and if it is the minority of younger fans, then its about time some of our younger players (Micah, Hart, Johnson, SWP) made some statements echoing Colin Bell's..........because its pretty disgraceful and undermines the fantastic respect shown by our fans at O.T. on the anniversary and also the Hillsborough minutes silence at Anfield.

Have you contacted the club direct gratedbean with the link to the FB page and asked them to highlight it on the clubs website? Option - showing the majority of disgust by the majority of fans.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1381100/Man-City-legend-Colin-Bell-calls-end-degrading-Munich-air-crash-chants.html
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:08 am

Also - just read the FB page and there's a little cunt on there called Sam Roberts - posting the original Munich lyrics, as if boasting about it - and the little twat looks about 16!

Fucking disgrace and he wants 'outing'.....then 'sorting'.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:20 pm

I have contacted the club blueboy, but recieved a computerised response saying they are currently receiving a high volume of emails (I think mainly about FA Cup final tickets) so they would try to respond within 7 working days. Hopefully by the time they get it the group will have quite a bit of support.

I think HydeRoad has also sent an email as he has contacted the club before, so has the email of a woman at the club he could contact directly, but I'm not sure if he's had any reply yet.

In the meantime I've contacted the admin on most City blogs, forums and supporters clubs asking for them to do their bit and help spread the word.

- Vince I have to say, yours sure is the nicest looking forum out of the ones I've come accross! Wink
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Tue May 10, 2011 1:34 pm

The Munich chants were up and running again at Everton up until yaya scored and the words were changed from munichs net to scousers net.The younger supporters don't seem to give a shit that Colin Bells asked them to stop,to be quite honest the ones I tried to stop singing it didn't seem to give a shit about anything.It's going to be a long road ahead to alter the mindset of these knobheads im afraid.
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Tue May 10, 2011 1:44 pm

These knobheads probably don't even know who Colin Bell is Paul.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyWithTheArabsCash Tue May 10, 2011 2:12 pm

On the same sort of issue, just read an article from the MEN where a City fan was attacked and stabbed by two other "City fans" when he tried to intervene in them beating up a West Ham fan in front of his crying son.

The two were described as drunk, in their early 20's with short cropped hair. Seems that half of Mary D's could be suspects, fucking wankers.

BoyWithTheArabsCash
BoyWithTheArabsCash
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonchester Tue May 10, 2011 2:25 pm

Unfortunately the "Jeremy Kyle" generation is nationwide, and not restricted to Football Fans of any specific affiliation.

Bring back conscription, that might solve many issues in this country.
Moonchester
Moonchester
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down