Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Newton, Conneticut EmptyYesterday at 8:56 pm by Wensdi

» Today's game
Newton, Conneticut EmptyYesterday at 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Newton, Conneticut EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Newton, Conneticut EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Newton, Conneticut EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Newton, Conneticut EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Newton, Conneticut EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Newton, Conneticut EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Newton, Conneticut EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Newton, Conneticut EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Newton, Conneticut

5 posters

Go down

Newton, Conneticut Empty Newton, Conneticut

Post by Jordan Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:54 am

I'm sure most of you are now aware about the tragic events that happened in America yesterday. I hope Newcastle have some form of minutes silence today so everyone can take a moment for those innocent 27 people, 20 of them being children.

It's just a shame that there are kids and innocent people being killed because of their archaic policies. We complain a lot about the current state of our country, but I'm just thankful we don't have a ridiculous policy where you can simply walk into your everyday gun shop, and buy a gun.

I honestly think its time they stopped trying to preach to the rest of the world how to live and look at problems in their own culture. America should be ashamed.

Like everyone, my heart goes out to the 27.
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Newton, Conneticut Empty Re: Newton, Conneticut

Post by blueboy Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:08 pm

well said joe!
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:28 pm

In 1996 there was a shooting in a primary school in Dunblane, Scotland. 16 children ages 5-6 were killed along with 1 teacher. The UK banned the private ownership of all cartridge ammunition handguns, regardless of caliber. There have been no school shootings since.

The US will never change its policy over guns - the NRA will never back down. Everyone has a "right to bear arms" its in the Constitution. It's all about freedom - which is nonsense. There has only ever been one school shooting in the UK - not one before 1996 and not one after.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincents' Shadow MCFC Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:30 pm

Wensdi, don't get me started on this, I had a massive argument with a complete stranger on Twitter at the weekend (a Yank) over this, he was a member of the God Squad too.

Woah, lets just say it got heated.

I agree with you by the way.
Vincents' Shadow MCFC
Vincents' Shadow MCFC
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:04 pm

I will be controversial and say that if the constitution of your Country says you have a right to bear arms.......then fair enough.

The powers that be can easily integrate a policy that states you have to be psycho-analysed and background checked to see if you have a legitimate reason for purchasing one.

We now have a policy in the UK being pushed through to tighten the rules on a person holding a .22 rifle and ammo.......and rightly so.

I have several.........I live on a farm surrounded by animals I can classify as pests or food.....so have the right to shoot them at will. Others, in a 2 bed semi on some inter-city council estate...do not need them.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:15 pm

The right to bear arms was written in the Constitution in the days of the wild, wild west when law and order was ignored. Should we bring back the stocks and we can put people in pillories and stone them?

Another pearler is - healthcare is a privilege - not a right. Therefore if your employer does not provide healthcare benefits - you are up the creek. 60 million people here with no healthcare. If you have a pre-existing condition and are out of work for 6 months - then you try to get healthcare with a new employer - you are not covered for the pre-existing condition - which could be major like diabetes.

Don't get me started lads .... they are both sore subjects for me.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincents' Shadow MCFC Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:36 am

Wensdi, I know what you mean.

There is sooo much wrong with the US its silly.

I know you now reside there, but It grinds my gears people who rant and state that US rules the world etc, they need to wake up.

In sooo many ways.

Blue - the thing is, they don't vet it in any way, god any tom, dick and harry can get a firearm if they want it.
Vincents' Shadow MCFC
Vincents' Shadow MCFC
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:02 am

America is a great country, it's such a shame it's full of Americans.

ps. Wensdi, your 1st post says all that needs to be said.

pps. Think this happened in Newtown (not Newton)...sorry joe.

ppps. It's also Connecticut (not Conneticut).....sorry again joe Rolling Eyes .
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:49 am

Thanks Shaken.

I thought Connecticut looked strange.

(I'll be eyeballing everyone of your posts now searching for grammar and spelling mistakes)
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:08 am

And as if by magic, you found one Wink .
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:01 am

Wensdi wrote:The right to bear arms was written in the Constitution in the days of the wild, wild west when law and order was ignored. Should we bring back the stocks and we can put people in pillories and stone them?

Another pearler is - healthcare is a privilege - not a right. Therefore if your employer does not provide healthcare benefits - you are up the creek. 60 million people here with no healthcare. If you have a pre-existing condition and are out of work for 6 months - then you try to get healthcare with a new employer - you are not covered for the pre-existing condition - which could be major like diabetes.

Don't get me started lads .... they are both sore subjects for me.

Wensdi - I do not agree with the whole 'right to bear arms' allowing anybody with ID the chance to purchase a weapon. On the contrary...the problem is that many of those weapons get stolen and fall into the hands of criminals.

The US Government will not tackle this issue head on - so will never re-write the constitution and upset the pro-gun lobby and voter. After the Columbine shootings, this issue was raised and subsequently put on the back-burner. No President will touch this 'hot-potato' as it'll be political suicide for them. It's wrong and these terrible tragedies will be repeated in the future.

Bringing back stocks? Absolutely. Our justice system is pathetic. £30k per year to hold offenders - and we then give them access to phones, internet and a tv in their room..........this after they may have mugged some old fella and beat him up.

As for the US healthcare system........all individuals should have the right to free healthcare - simple as.

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down