Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Same Ref... EmptyToday at 8:49 am by Jwils2710

» So, it's another last day shoot out.
Same Ref... EmptyFri May 17, 2024 5:36 pm by Topdawg

» Today's game
Same Ref... EmptyThu May 16, 2024 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Same Ref... EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Same Ref... EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Same Ref... EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Same Ref... EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Same Ref... EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Same Ref... EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Same Ref... EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Same Ref...

+6
Paulpowersleftfoot
Bewar3them00n
blueboy
leopold
shakencity
bellyblue
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Same Ref... Empty Same Ref...

Post by bellyblue Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:20 pm

Mario Balotelli: Manchester City v Dynamo Kiev, 2011
Italy striker Balotelli was branded as "stupid" by manager Roberto
Mancini for a studs-up kick into the chest of Goran Popov, leaving Cakir
with little choice but to send him off.

Yes the Same Ref who sent Balotelli off for a very similar challenge as Nani last night.. The only difference is Mancini did talk to the press after the game and took the defeat with dignity!!
bellyblue
bellyblue
Youth Team
Youth Team

http://bellytheblue@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Same Ref... Empty Re: Same Ref...

Post by shakencity Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:23 pm

I think that just about sums the 2 managers up belly.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:58 pm

bellyblue wrote:The only difference is Mancini did talk to the press after the game and took the defeat with dignity!!
And we all accepted it was a dangerous challenge and didn't try to blame the referee for it.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:50 pm

Do we know whether the ref gave it or the assistant?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FHu876CEN4

Keane pulling no punches!

Twitter posts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4MAKCfKkN0
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:59 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21691929

UEFA take action against United......lmfao!
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:02 pm

United fans from Manchester....nope, read it wrong, Nottingham, call Police via 999 over Nani's red card.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-21687292
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:45 am

Just continuing on the "not from Manchester" Utd fans, did anyone see the Utd fans that got interviewed after the game on Granada News at half ten......2 were from Scotland, 1 was Irish and 1 was South African....yes, South African, not 1 local voice was heard.

It still makes me laugh when i see these interviews.....it really is a case of spot the Manc accent Rolling Eyes .

Last edited by shakencity on Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:46 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Can't stop laughing)
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:33 am

The "disbelief" at Nani's red card was echoed here in Mauritius, where the majority of fans are Utd fans ( lesser so Chelsea, Liverpool etc..) although I did meet a guy on the beach who was a City fan, so we toasted over a cold can of the excellent local brew, "Phoenix" to last seasons win! Anyway, as there's a +4hr difference, there were many bleary eyed, and saddened Utd fans here yesterday morning ( my father in law, and majority of my in laws are Utd fans) all of them blaming the ref, and saying it wasn't a red blah blah blah, the ref will never ref again etc.... There seems to be a definite lack of understanding of the laws of the game, or arrogance, that a UTD player could get sent off at home, I me early said, well, it was widely reported that the ref was card happy, so the players should have known that as well, so Nani shouldn't have given the ref the excuse to whip out his red card!!!
Lets hope Chelsea can make their week a thoroughly miserable one by knocking them out of the FA cup!
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:53 am

Got married in Mauritius Bewar3 and vowed to go back 1 day, probably when the little un leaves home now though Rolling Eyes . Stayed in Flic n Flac at the La Pirogue hotel, absolutely loved the place. Hope you're havin a good time mate....enjoy!
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:05 am

Shaken.. We got married here too, small affair, only 300 people ( 250 I'd never met before)! ( wife's Mauritian, and had a Hindu wedding)
Not far from Flic en flac, about 20 min drive, was actually there the other afternoon for a swim. Staying with the in laws about 10 mins from capital Port Louis in land, not exactly a hotel, but it's free! Too hot this time of year, and plenty of mosquitoes, so I have to douse myself in citronella oil and repellant to keep the buggers at bay! Was actually looking at the Pirogue, for a weekend stay ( to get away from the in laws)
Still, can't complain! We're actually over looking for job opportunities, as we plan/hope to move over later this year, so I'm making sure I'm convinced before we take the plunge!
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:21 am

Bloody hell 300 people and that's a small affair. At ours (besides the minister) there was me, the mrs, my mum and stepdad....and that was it, now that's a small affair Laughing Laughing
They brought the Mrs and my mum in a golf buggy to the ceromony, me and mi stepdad had to walk. After we'd had the beach pictures taken, we had a horse and cart ride around the gardens and pools, lovely as it was i still felt a bit of a clown in mi suit while everyone clapped us in their bikinis and shorts.

We went to Port Louis to get registered and had a couple of hrs look around while we were there, bit of a trek if memory serves but a lovely place with nice architecture and cafes.

Happy job hunting fella.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:36 am

I'm a cheapskate
Got married in a registry office then had a meal with 20 guests in The White House in Prestbury
Must have cost £1000 tops
Honeymoon was a week in the Cotswolds
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:40 am

300 people? Jeez, that's just way too many! I had about 60 guests at mine, we all took over a hotel near Windermere for the entire day. It was a lovely place, nice grounds, backed onto the lake. We'd hoped to get married outside, but the rain started ten minutes before we were due to start. Then we had a long weekend honeymoon in Rome. One day, I hope to have paid off my credit card bill for it!
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:47 am

Laughing Tbh, that's what i'd have done if i'd have had my way........i'm a cheapskate too Laughing .
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:54 am

Laughing

To be honest, though, it wasn't funds that were the deciding factor. We'd both been married before: My missus had the big church do and the cast of thousands at the reception and I'd eloped for mine - we turned up at the town hall, grabbed a couple off the street and did the deed. So I wanted something a bit more meaningful and she wanted something less huge and we just met in the middle.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:10 am

Aww!!!!
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:34 am

I'm sorry I seem to have stumbled across the wrong forum Wink

I'm not married, nor have I ever been, but I did get my foot stuck on some chewing gum once. Similar thing right?
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:35 pm

Razz @ Joe, what age are you mate?
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:39 pm

The ditzy one will promote the sanctity of marriage,I'm sure
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:50 pm

I've just turned 25 MCM.

I think it'll be a few more years yet until I'm ready to be that miserable.
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:53 pm

300 is small by an Indian/Hindu wedding ( thankfully the father in law paid for most of it!) I was dressed in trad Indian wedding get up, like a bloody Bollywood actor! Was good night, but because my outfit was white, I couldn't eat the amazing food ( 7 diff kinds of Curries!) so I was bloody starving when we got to the hotel! Plus it was 3 day affair, a day before and after the wedding ( usually 7, but I had to put my foot down!)
Anyway, to drag it back to football, plenty of footballers come to Mauritius, whenever I used to get dragged along for lunch at a 5 star hotel ( usually a freebie from hotel manager, my father in law is well connected) I'd see the photos in the lobby, along with movie stars, pop stars etc.. Drogba was a regular, Beyonce, Arnie, father in law bumped into Zola a few months back too, thankfully, were keeping it low key, no fancy hotels, and cheap local food, but too much local beer and rum already! Thankfully I'm sweating it off!
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:58 pm

I went to an Indian wedding a couple of months back Beware. Sorry to rub it in, but the food was the best bit. Amazing food.

I found it very different to ours, and found it strange that everyone was talking and getting on with things during the ceremony. Is this the norm?

Mauritius sounds lovely Beware. I'm off to Berlin tomorrow so won't be on here for a few days. 3 nights, of clubs, German beer and techno. Wish me luck!
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:06 pm

Jordan (joemanton) wrote:3 nights, of clubs, German beer and techno. Wish me luck!

Oh, those were the days.lol
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:29 pm

shakencity wrote:
Jordan (joemanton) wrote:3 nights, of clubs, German beer and techno. Wish me luck!

Oh, those were the days.lol

Indeed! German beer sounds good,mud no about 3 nights of Techno, although I used to go to my fair share in Sheffield back in the 90's!!

As for Indian weddings, yes, that's the norm, they can ramble on for hours and hours, our ceremony only lasted 45 mins, then it was food and party time for everyone!
I avoid them like the plague now, I just flatly refuse to go, they bore me to tears! Thankfully I have my son as an excuse, so I have to stay at home and look after him...
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:29 pm

My wife's half Indian.......so on that basis, we got married in Fowey, Cornwall where we go for a week every year Razz......all our friends back to our cottage, big party....me on the BBQ in my wedding suit cooking the Sea Bass' me and my best man had caught the day before!!

Going back in 3 weeks...can't wait!

One of the local fishermen got bunting and put it up around his boat and picked my wife and the bridesmaids up from across the water in Polruan and took them over to Fowey - nice touch, but me and the lads had to catch the standard ferry!!

Same Ref... Fowey-2

Last edited by blueboy on Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:30 pm

Oh...what was the OP again? Razz
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:41 pm

Never been to Mauritius Beware......Maldives a few times with work, but would like to visit one day. Must be great to have in-laws who live in a place like that.....my options for visiting in-laws - North Manchester or the Falls Road, Belfast...hmmm decisions, decisions.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:53 pm

My parents live in Dorset from April to September and Florida the other half of the year. Brother in law lives in wassenaar in holland and sister lives in Poole but has a place in Narbonne near the Pyrenees
Always have somewhere to visit
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:53 pm

About refs or something wasn't it?!! Although I could do with a ref at the moment to give my mother in law a red card ( cue Les Dawson joke here)! Shes Driving me mad! Lets just say we disagree about how to bring up my son, her way, give into his every whim, so much that while he's been staying with them, he's developed a Napoleon complex ( he's 3 and 1/2!) thinks he's top dog, and throws a hissy fit and has been getting his own way totally, ( a bit like Fergie in that respect!) with no discipline what so ever, doesn't listen at all now to anything I say ( even if I threaten to smack his arse) totally ruining 12 hard months of discipline and reasoning with him! Lets just say I'm a tad miffed ( steam coming out of ears) so I've had a Fergie-esque rant at the wife, a kind of 4th official, or like the ones who stand behind the line and don't actually do anything!
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:55 pm

nowt wrong with North Manchester Rolling Eyes
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:57 pm

I met my wife in Cornwall many years ago and I've never been back since. pale
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:04 pm

Apart from the odd whine about mother in laws and mosquitoes! It's great normally here in Mauritius, a tad different from Maldives unless you stay at a plush hotel, I get down and dirty with the locals, totally opposite of the tourists, been al over the island, up mountains, to abandoned forts, small local restaurants serving octopus curry ( a fav of mine) for next to nothing. Its a fast moving culture, totally changed in the 10'years I've been coming, they're all football mad, unfortunately, mostly Man U fans! But I wind a few up wearing my City shirt, and sent the in laws all,photos of my son wearing a City kit, as they wanted to get him a Utd one, so I had to pull rank on that one, now he knows the City badge, and some City players...... And can sing Blue Moon.... ,
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:12 pm

ManCityMan wrote:I met my wife in Cornwall many years ago and I've never been back since. pale

To the wife or Cornwall? Very Happy
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:16 pm

ManCityMan wrote:nowt wrong with North Manchester Rolling Eyes

Nothing wrong with it but it's hardly..."hey wife, fancy a few days away from leafy Tattenhall to go a stay with your dad in his retirement home near North Manchester General Hospital?" or "fancy a long weekend dodging mortar attacks down the Falls?" Razz
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:18 pm

Not been to Cornwall since the 70s
Shitty family caravan holidays have put me off returning
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:29 pm

Paulpowersleftfoot wrote:Not been to Cornwall since the 70s
Shitty family caravan holidays have put me off returning

That's like saying...."went to Aberdeen once......Scotland's a shit-hole" Razz
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:39 pm

Went every year for about a decade
Hate caravans as well
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:47 pm

Your pic of Fowey - looks a bit like Brixham, Devon - guess its those Victorian buildings. Many happy holidays in Brixham - friends have a fantastic place there - totally renovated inside - penthouse. Long walks or take their boat down to Dartmouth or hop on the ferry to Dartmouth.

http://www.beautifulengland.net/photos/main.php/devon/brixham/brixhamharbourbrixham24.jpg.html
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:51 pm

Paulpowersleftfoot wrote:Went every year for about a decade
Hate caravans as well

I know what you mean PPLF...i used to go to Tenby every year in a caravan as a kid with my parents...sort of put me off Wales per se.....but since have had some great weeks away on the Lleyn Peninsula.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:56 pm

Wensdi wrote:Your pic of Fowey - looks a bit like Brixham, Devon - guess its those Victorian buildings. Many happy holidays in Brixham - friends have a fantastic place there - totally renovated inside - penthouse. Long walks or take their boat down to Dartmouth or hop on the ferry to Dartmouth.

http://www.beautifulengland.net/photos/main.php/devon/brixham/brixhamharbourbrixham24.jpg.html

Yeah, it's similar Wensdi.....we don't normally stay in Fowey with the 'toffs'.....we stay in Polruan across the estuary where the locals live. We've been going there every year for the past 12 years as a 'week away' at Easter time...however, the likes of Dawn French, Richard & Judy etc have bought homes in Fowey.....and it's suddenly become very busy in the summer recently...so best to avoid it then....but with the weather.....absolutely beautiful.

Glad you liked the Astronaut blog......The Pheasant - great pub/b&b/food.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:21 pm

Seems like we've been missing each other regularly BlueBoy. Have spent many summers on the Lleyn Peninsular. Former husband is Welsh - hence the time spent there.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:10 pm

Wensdi wrote:Seems like we've been missing each other regularly BlueBoy. Have spent many summers on the Lleyn Peninsular. Former husband is Welsh - hence the time spent there.
Was he odd?

I find the Northern Welsh a little odd....sort of "where the fu&k am I from?" No identity.

Yes, sorry.....I've been in Sofia, Bulgaria...just got back....passing ships in the night Wensdi!!

Sad
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:15 pm

I meant that - we've been to the same places and passing each other Blueboy - LOL
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:21 pm

Jordan, I hope that 3 nights of techno is a euphemism for something else...
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:02 pm

Topdawg wrote:Jordan, I hope that 3 nights of techno is a euphemism for something else...

Maybe a bit of both TopDawg...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berghain

That's one of the clubs we shall be attending. I'm just going for the music though....promise.
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:25 pm

Wensdi wrote:I meant that - we've been to the same places and passing each other Blueboy - LOL
Wensdi...you've got me longing to 'dock' in the same port now! I love you

Where you next?

I've got a massive contract with a major utility company in the USA coming up......downtown and uptown NY, Buffalo and Boston (NE - Portsmouth, Kittery etc).....Apr, May, June, July.........you around? Wink
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:59 pm

Blimey, all we need now is Judith Chalmers! Laughing

Fowey, eh? I've only had the mussels from there, when I've stayed in Mevagissey. I like it there.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:35 am

It's not just Judith Chalmers, but Cilla Black as well.

Jordan, you going for 'snax' night then?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:48 am

Paulpowersleftfoot wrote:Went every year for about a decade

We used to do the same Rich, we went to Newquay for 7yrs on the trot. Used to go on Great Western and Fistral beachs, i absolutely loved the place, as it always seemed to be crackin the flags. I always said i'd take the little un there one day but our shitty summers send us to Turkey instead Crying or Very sad .
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:11 pm

It was in the 70's i met the wife on a camping/caravan park called Hendra Tourist Park, probably gone now. First time i ever went on such a holiday (and the last).

My sister has lived in Cornwall for years now in a place called St Mawgan, no idea if it's nice cos i've never visited her Razz
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum