Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Do we need new players next season ... EmptyToday at 7:08 pm by shakencity

» Have it - Four in a row
Do we need new players next season ... EmptyToday at 12:39 pm by titbumwilly

» So, it's another last day shoot out.
Do we need new players next season ... EmptyFri May 17, 2024 5:36 pm by Topdawg

» Today's game
Do we need new players next season ... EmptyThu May 16, 2024 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Do we need new players next season ... EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Do we need new players next season ... EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Do we need new players next season ... EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Do we need new players next season ... EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Do we need new players next season ... EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Do we need new players next season ... EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Do we need new players next season ...

+4
Paulpowersleftfoot
AMillionDifferentPeople
Moonchester
lee1pen
8 posters

Go down

Do we need new players next season ... Empty Do we need new players next season ...

Post by lee1pen Thu May 12, 2011 10:11 am

The answer is probably some but certainly not what 'arry and co. have been saying. I think a maximum of 3 players to add to the squad because any more will mean we go down the path of the players gelling again and major team disruption.

To be honest its the same for Chelsea as well. Everyone is talking about massive clear outs and major spending etc but I think Rom will know the benifit of continuity of players.

Still its all grist to the red top and sky speculation industry.
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Do we need new players next season ... Empty Re: Do we need new players next season ...

Post by Moonchester Thu May 12, 2011 11:30 am

The only one I've heard a few times and would be happy with is Kaka.
Xavi - good, only heard this name today
Fabregas - No, too injury prone
Rodwell - No, he's off to United
Ibrahimovic - No, too prima-donna
Eto - No, getting on a bit.
Moonchester
Moonchester
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Do we need new players next season ... Empty Re: Do we need new players next season ...

Post by AMillionDifferentPeople Thu May 12, 2011 11:53 am

I'd say we need 4 depending who goes, assuming Given wants 1st team football then a good young keeper is a must, I think Zab can play better at LB than anyone i can think we could buy but we would need another top drawer CH. With Vieira going another CM in his mould would be needed to cover Nige as he cant play 60 plus games a season, and assuming Tevez goes then a goalscorer will be required. The guessing games start now, the red tops will have a different link every day with no football this summer.

AMillionDifferentPeople
AMillionDifferentPeople
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Thu May 12, 2011 12:39 pm

Zabaleta is ok as utility cover but can't be considered as the answer at left back as he's too slow when up against the likes of Nani and Lennon as seen this season.Kolorov is a liability,Wayne Bridge is slower than zabaleta and the only other possible,Lescott,is very poor with a ball at his feet so a quick left back is essential.Right back we should be ok with Micah and zaba as cover.I would like to see a partner for Kompany at the back as I don't see kolo,lescott,boatang or Boyata as good enough for a title challenge.If tevez stays we can play narrow linking yaya,silva and Carlos using Johnson/sweep as impact subs but if he goes we will need to play with width to provide service for Decko/Balotelli and whoever we will bring in to replace him.Another creative midfield player to compliment Silva would be ideal and a keeper as back up to hart presuming given moves on.With the amount of players likely to be sold/loaned out over the summer,the squad will be paper thin and I can see at least 6 coming in
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Thu May 12, 2011 12:51 pm

We need a 2nd choice keeper, a LB & a striker if Tevez goes
Also a right winger & then AJ can play on the left. Don't know why Bobby hasn't tried AJ o the left & Sweep on the right at all!

I'm happy with Kompany & Lescott a the back with Boateng Boyata & Kolo for cover but if we were to get a CB I 'd personally go for Hangeland from Fulham
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by AMillionDifferentPeople Thu May 12, 2011 3:58 pm

I'm a big fan of hangeland TMG, and maybe shift a few of Hughes signings in the opposite direction rather than cash. This is how i see the squad shaping up.

Hart
--2nd--
Taylor

Richards
Zabaleta
Kompany
Lescott
Kolarov
Boateng
----LB----
----CH---

De Jong
Barry
Silva
Yaya
Milner
AJ
Weiss ?
--M--
--M--

Balotelli
Dzeko
---ST---
Guidetti ?
Nimely ?

back up keeper is a tough one, I like Baines or maybe Clichy for LB, Hangeland or Vertonghen for CH, Sneijder and Sanchez for midfield options. Ive heard a lot of good things about Cavani at Napoli but unsure. Any others??

That leaves us with plenty that i am unsure what will happen : Given, Bridge, Boyata, Toure, Onouha, M.Johnson, SWP, Tevez, Adebayor, Bellamy, Caicedo, Jo, RSC. Could have forgotten a couple with the size of our squad.
AMillionDifferentPeople
AMillionDifferentPeople
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Thu May 12, 2011 5:10 pm

1) New keeper for cover to replace Given.

2) Experienced head to bring in and replace Viera as Balotelli's dad. Someone like Seedorf.

3) New LB - think Mancini will go abroad, someone like Heinze or Grosso.

4) New CB - Boateng is a long term possibility, but at the moment, we need someone with a bit more pace than Lescott if we're playing the likes of Ribery, Messi and Ronaldo.

5) New striker if Tevez leaves, which I think he will.

6) New creative midfielder to relieve some of the pressure from Silva.

7) New winger so Milner isn't played out of position all the time, and we don't rely on AJ.

Quite a few there, but we've probably got the same amount going out of the door. Plus we struggled this season when playing twice a week, so we can't risk going into next season and finding ourselves thin on resources by January. I'm not saying all the players in those positions have to be £20+ mil world class signings, but they are the areas I feel we need to strengthen.
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by lee1pen Thu May 12, 2011 5:18 pm

Grated dont you think though that too many players will leave us in the same position of having to take time to get players to gel?
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu May 12, 2011 6:24 pm

Back-up keeper - Taylor

LB - Clichy or Baines

CB - Puyol or Cahill

MF - Sneijder

CF/Striker - Sanchez

4 positions filled - out: RSC, Ade, Jo, Viera.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Thu May 12, 2011 6:54 pm

Yeah it will do, but I think he needs to build the perfect squad this summer, with FFP rules and the rest coming in soon. Plus, the backbone of our team are 25 and under anyway, so realistically we're probably 2-3 seasons away from being at our peak, so I expect a few teething problems next year as well, knowing that the year after we should be looking a more solid outfit.

Out of those 7 I just named you could probably drop 4) if Boateng steps up to the plate, because I don't think Kolo or Lescott are the future of our club.

Could also drop 6) if Milner is used in a central role, because he would ease the pressure on Silva.

In that case we'd be looking at bringing in about 5 players. But I really think this is the summer where he should build his perfect team, after that we should have a pretty settled squad for the next few seasons, but I think we're a bit more than 3 players short of a top quality European side at the moment to be honest.
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by lee1pen Thu May 12, 2011 7:00 pm

I know what you mean grated but I'm still torm between building now or consolidating with just a few players in and getting rid of the deadwood.

If Jo , Ade. RSC, Bellers, Given, all go with possibly Vieira kicked upstairs and paid as a coach then that should go someway to solving the wages bill. By using their wages we could employ 3 more playersof a better calibre, possibly boost our income and then buy another 3 the season after.
With the backbone of the squad being Hart, Richards, Kompany, Silva, Toure, Johnson, Balo and Dzecko + 3 others and our back ups are in place.
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by lee1pen Thu May 12, 2011 7:01 pm

If Given goes though how about making a cheeky bid to spurs for cudicino for our back up goal keeper?
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Thu May 12, 2011 8:24 pm

I like Hennesey -
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu May 12, 2011 8:25 pm

me too!
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Thu May 12, 2011 9:37 pm

I was thinking Cudacini would be a good buy.

Definitely need a new LB, think we all agree on that!

No need for a CB if Boateng steps up.

No need for a CM if Milner is allowed to play there.

Will need a winger though, Johnson a bit lost at the mo.

Also need new striker if Tevez leaves.

So we could only need 4 players, but no more than 7 if you ask me!
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down