Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» Have it - Four in a row
New Breed of Fan? EmptyToday at 9:59 pm by Topdawg

» 23/24 Prediction League
New Breed of Fan? EmptyToday at 8:49 am by Jwils2710

» So, it's another last day shoot out.
New Breed of Fan? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 5:36 pm by Topdawg

» Today's game
New Breed of Fan? EmptyThu May 16, 2024 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
New Breed of Fan? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
New Breed of Fan? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
New Breed of Fan? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
New Breed of Fan? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
New Breed of Fan? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
New Breed of Fan? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

New Breed of Fan?

+2
Admin
BoyWithTheArabsCash
6 posters

Go down

New Breed of Fan? Empty New Breed of Fan?

Post by BoyWithTheArabsCash Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:19 pm

Following on from my gripe against the booing on Sunday, recently i have noticed at the match and on 606 and other City related sites, that we seem to be already attracting the kind of giddy, ill informed supporters that usually are of the Red kind.

I am not saying they are particularly 'new' supporters, but really just those that always say if asked they don't really follow football but their Dad was a City fan so they sort of are aswell. They come across as though now they have 'outed' themselves from the football closet and i get the feeling that they think we should win every game regardless of mitigating circumstances, wanting to get rid of players/manager after every game we don't win and play fantasy football by buying every big name player under the sun and don't come across as understanding football and supporting a football club is all about.

Anyone else noticed the surge in the new breed of City fan?
BoyWithTheArabsCash
BoyWithTheArabsCash
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

New Breed of Fan? Empty Re: New Breed of Fan?

Post by Admin Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:35 pm

Yes mate I have.

I have also noticed on 606 some posters who have dancing feet seem to fit that description if you get my drift.

Admin
Youth Team
Youth Team

https://606bluemoonlegends.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyWithTheArabsCash Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:46 pm

Vince, it was a certain light footed person, that i felt compelled to write this.

Altough, since Thaksin took us over, you see much more what i would call not your stereotypical supporter at games. Don't get me wrong, they may have followed City all their lives, but they just don't seem to be fans, if you get my drift.
BoyWithTheArabsCash
BoyWithTheArabsCash
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:53 pm

I get what you mean mate, I suppose its expected when the bar is raised, I reckon most clubs have those fans.

I have had my suspicions about that guy from the start, it smells very fishy.

Admin
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyWithTheArabsCash Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:55 pm

Yeah mate, like the back of a bog door on a Grimsby trawler.
BoyWithTheArabsCash
BoyWithTheArabsCash
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:00 pm

Hahaha you potty mouthed assassin!

Admin
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:08 pm

Around me in the south stand it's the same people who've been there since we moved,I have noticed how quickly the place empties though,never understood that and it's not as if it's a difficult place to get away from
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by noneed Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:23 pm

one thing i've noticed is just how quickly some blues accuse other blues of being plastic wasters just cause they don't like the manager or if they happen to have a different opinion!

noneed
noneed
Not Really Here
Not Really Here

Back to top Go down

Post by bellyblue Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:23 pm

When you have had Frank Clark, Alan Ball(god Bless) Ron Saunders, John Benson and Brian Houghton and got behind them no matter what and sometimes more than not the only reason to get behind our managers was because we are City!! Thats the sort of supporter i grew up with and still go the matches with, meet up with for a few, we have different opinions Sure, but i think the new breed have greater expectations. We was just as pissed off them days when results went against us and we still now. But i guess what i'm saying is the new breed who pay there money and are entitled to have thier say are less inpatient than us older generation, feel they can be outspoken or even boo the players and manager. I prefere to get behind my team no matter what win or lose. I think since we had the Thaskin era and now, this is what to expect. I dont think its the supporters who have been through the days of the "typical City" days just the new breed?? I've been lucky to see glory days and sure we will see plenty more soon, patience is the word!!
bellyblue
bellyblue
Youth Team
Youth Team

http://bellytheblue@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyWithTheArabsCash Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:01 pm

noneed, i'm not saying anyone is a plastic, just saying some of our support and their mindset has changed and people are a bit quick with knee jerk reactions to a dissappoiting result. People are entitled to their opinion, but if its get rid of the manager/players after every game that doesn't go our way, then i really can't be bothered with that type.
BoyWithTheArabsCash
BoyWithTheArabsCash
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:40 pm

BWTAC - I think any 'fan' has the right to vent their frustration at a teams performance - and i guess it doesn't mean that they aren't real fans if they do.

I don't support this theory that if you have followed your club for 20, 30, 40 or even 50 years - it makes you have a more informed opinion than somebody who has followed them for 6, 7, or 8 years or that yours is more important than anyone elses.

I understand what you are saying, as I for one were not happy after the performance against Fulham and posted as much - but i stand behind my comments and feel i wasn't unjustified with my criticism of certain players performances over the pat few weeks.

I'm almost 41. Been following City since my first match at 7 with my dad and my uncles. Had a season ticket for 20 years, gave it up when i started a family, but have still taken my boys to the games for the past 8 years, albeit less than i would like to go sometimes.

Not sure where i am going with this reply to be fair..............but fans will be fans. I can't say that i will never get pissed off at the manager, the players or other fans. Can't say that i am right all of the time or that i am a 'typical' Man City fan, as i am unsure what constitutes as a 'typical' or 'plastic' fan.

I think that we have to allow the newer generation of City fans to find their own glory, their own self-satisfaction with what's good now or not.

Some have endured the dark days - and are optomistic that things are so close to being great again..................but we have to remember, just because 'we' have endured years of topsy turvey City..........for some, its only felt like we have won nothing for 5-10 years...............just like a new Arsenal fan.

For others, who have supported City for longer than i have - they have at least witnessed some success - I've witnessed bugger all - and had the privelaged of witnessing the Ricky Villa moment as my highlight of what coming close to winning anything feels like.

My generation - 30-45 year olds have had the arse end of fuck all for years, whilst watching that lot over the way, build a team of kids - then go on to win everything possible!

****Have i just spouted a right load of shite there? Sorry if i have - this bloody freezing weather over here and the depressing backdrop, must have rendered me a right moaning bastard!

Come on City!

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:17 pm

blueboy - scattergun, maybe, but certainly not a "right load of shite". I know where you're coming from!

I'm 46. Went to my first match as a kid round about 1974. I was getting a tour of London in 1976 coz my dad didn't think I'd get much of a view within the Wembley cauldron. So, a whisker away from seeing a pot. From '77, regular. Season ticket some time in the 80's right through to Psycho's caretaker stint.

Then I chucked it. Too long-winded to go into. I was just disillusioned with the way football was going & the Prem in general. I kind of felt the game had left me behind. I also noticed that around me was a 'new breed' of fan, one who was happy to sit down and stay sat down, whine more than support. And when you start getting into 'it' with your own supporters... I just thought, 'can't be doing this, time to call it a day..." Could've moved to the singing stand, 'course I could, but it was just one straw out of several that saw me off.

After a couple of years I finally started missing football again. Went along to watch Maine Road FC in the (now) Vodkat Prem and been there ever since. And we won a pot!

I still speak to many Blues and I joined here coz I like to keep up with what the fans are talking about. City fans are immense. No matter how shit it got on the pitch, it was always those fans who got me through to the next match. I actually think I supported the fans more than the bloody club...

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:52 pm

Nice final quote at the end there. Probably true as well for alot of fans.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum