Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
History repeating itself! EmptyToday at 8:49 am by Jwils2710

» So, it's another last day shoot out.
History repeating itself! EmptyFri May 17, 2024 5:36 pm by Topdawg

» Today's game
History repeating itself! EmptyThu May 16, 2024 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
History repeating itself! EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
History repeating itself! EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
History repeating itself! EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
History repeating itself! EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
History repeating itself! EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
History repeating itself! EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
History repeating itself! EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

History repeating itself!

+4
Topdawg
blueboy
skyblueoz
titbumwilly
8 posters

Go down

History repeating itself! Empty History repeating itself!

Post by titbumwilly Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:51 pm

After just one game it's very clear to me that the Liverpool love-in by the media hasn't abated at all from last season. 
Do you remember last season? They won what exactly? The square root of f@ck all. 
But still they drool over Brenda and his shower of shite.
If you listened to TalkShite today, or Watched SSN you would be forgiven for thinking that they had battered Southampton 5-0, instead of luckily scrape past them.
Still, I think history will repeat itself, and Liverpool will be the darlings of the press, the "People's Champions" and potential European Champions - right up to the point where they choke at the last hurdle again, and either us or Chelsea beat them to the finishing line.
Sterling already looks to be lined up for Player Of The Year, and no doubt Brenda can add another meaningless certificate to his office wall next May, they are both so loved by our unbiased journos.
No mention of them trying to buy the league yet I notice!
So, crack on I say, build them up, heap pressure on them again and leave us to mop up more trophies.
titbumwilly
titbumwilly
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

History repeating itself! Empty Re: History repeating itself!

Post by Guest Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:56 pm

There will be a large gap between the top 2 and the rest this year.   I honestly think Chelsea are the only team that can beat us.

It doesn't bother me what the media say.   Did you watch Football Focus on Saturday.  They did a poll as to who would win the league.

City didn't even feature, we got 7% of the vote.  City fans obviously have better things to do that take part in a BBC poll, yet they thought it proved yet again we would not be able to follow up our title win from last year.

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:24 pm

let us go under the radar wont be long b4 the arsene whinger hails his team of mighty mental strength as worthy title winners this season, Jose and his so called mind games, already laying the foundations stating costa is better than Aguero. Funny how we play them in 3 weeks.

United the team still to beat. All the while we keep our focus & 8 days to the end of the season lo & behold we are suddenly top of the league.

That's the way to wind up the rest.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:49 pm

We only have to follow in MP's footsteps....he doesn't get riled, he doesn't wind up other Managers....he's cool, calm and calculated.

As mentioned above...I couldn't give shit who the Journo's feign over, who leads the PL over the next 6 months...as long as we are there or there about's come April, we have the squad to bring it home again.

I'd sacrifice all the domestic cups for another PL title...and a very good run in the CL.

Next season, out of FFP's reaches....we'll push on again and sign some more top class players...and then, it'll be just like the rags of the 90's/early 2000's....no-one will stop us.

Cool
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:23 pm

I hope so Bluey. I don't think it'll be as straightforward as you say, but we are strong enough now to keep buying two top players every summer. We can still spend the best part of another £50M this summer and still fall within FFP.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:03 pm

blueboy wrote:As mentioned above...I couldn't give shit who the Journo's feign over, who leads the PL over the next 6 months...as long as we are there or there about's come April, we have the squad to bring it home again.
Well, that's the thing, isn't it? Last season, we spent a mere 15 days at the top of the table, to Arsenal's 15 weeks (or possibly more). But we were at the top on the one day it actually matters, so wherever you are up till then is totally irrelevant.

It's not where you start, it's where you finish. But any time in between, above the rags  Very Happy 
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:27 am

Over the years i've never actually had a disliking for Liverpool that much, but since Rodgers has took over my loathing towards them has evolved 100 fold  Rolling Eyes .
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:09 am

Think you've put it on the wrong thread blisterin Razz
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:16 am

That's the highest I've ever been in this PL.... cheers 
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:19 am

shakencity wrote:Think you've put it on the wrong thread blisterin  Razz

LOL, I didn't think I did, site just had a maintenance wobble for some reason. It's over in the correct one now  Embarassed 

Back to top Go down

Post by Disaster_Tskhadadze Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:34 pm

It's no surprise the media thing with L/pool has continued. I mean Monday's Mirror had them on the back page like they were table toppers. I'm not arsed about it any more.

I'm more arsed about what the Sunday Mirror did a week previous to the season start. They ran a piece on the advent of video technology arriving in football and in a side-bar entitled '5 Miscarriages Of Justice That ROCKED (my caps) The Game...' listed, erm, well you get the picture.

Fair enough, the double spread featured Mr. Young in mid-sprawl but he only came in at No.5 - plus it didn't exactly ROCK The Game. Being English, I'd immediately plump for the Maradona handball at No.1 but that didn't even make the Top 5. No.1 was Henry's hand of God. Okay. It probably did ROCK, that one.

But what intrigued me was No.3 - the THIRD miscarriage of justice that ROCKED the game. Tiote's disallowed goal v City last season... Hmmm. A week before City's season opener, v Newcastle, at their gaff. And knowing that quite a few refs would be reading the piece as video tech will impact the way they ref a game. Do I detect an effort on the Sun Mirror's part to influence the coming match?

A game ROCKER? What, Newcastle would've lost 1-2 instead of 0-2? What exactly got ROCKED again? Pardon me while I stifle a yawn.
Disaster_Tskhadadze
Disaster_Tskhadadze
New Signing
New Signing

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:54 am

well said.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:49 pm

Beggars belief!!
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:56 pm

Disaster_Tskhadadze wrote:A game ROCKER? What, Newcastle would've lost 1-2 instead of 0-2? What exactly got ROCKED again? Pardon me while I stifle a yawn.
The general consensus (which consisted of your typical anti-City brigade) was that this would've taken the game to 1-1 and meant the end of our title hopes. Even though there was still half an hour left of the game and we'd nicked winners in enough games prior to that. Plus Newcastle were generally backsliding at that point and probably wouldn't have gone on to do anything else.

But like you say, meant to make the refs make decisions in Newcastle's favour and cost us a result, no doubt.

I quite like the fact the press hate us now. At least nobody's laughing any more.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down