Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Should Oldham be allowed to sign Ched Evans? EmptyToday at 8:49 am by Jwils2710

» So, it's another last day shoot out.
Should Oldham be allowed to sign Ched Evans? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 5:36 pm by Topdawg

» Today's game
Should Oldham be allowed to sign Ched Evans? EmptyThu May 16, 2024 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Should Oldham be allowed to sign Ched Evans? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Should Oldham be allowed to sign Ched Evans? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Should Oldham be allowed to sign Ched Evans? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Should Oldham be allowed to sign Ched Evans? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Should Oldham be allowed to sign Ched Evans? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Should Oldham be allowed to sign Ched Evans? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Should Oldham be allowed to sign Ched Evans? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Should Oldham be allowed to sign Ched Evans?

+2
shakencity
TMG
6 posters

Go down

Should Oldham be allowed to sign Ched Evans? Empty Should Oldham be allowed to sign Ched Evans?

Post by Topdawg Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:15 am

Looks like they may not offer him a deal after 20,000 signed an online protest against the move.

As much as we may detest the crime he has been convicted of, he should be allowed to resume his career.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Should Oldham be allowed to sign Ched Evans? Empty Re: Should Oldham be allowed to sign Ched Evans?

Post by TMG Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:03 pm

I am pretty amazed he was found guilty & wouldnt be surprised if he wins his miscarriage of justice appeal
It seems the crux of the matter is that she was too drunk to consent. Yet the 1st bloke who had sex with her was found innocent

Its well out of order MPs sticking their big fat noses into it as well
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Should Oldham be allowed to sign Ched Evans? Empty Re: Should Oldham be allowed to sign Ched Evans?

Post by shakencity Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:16 pm

I didn't think Evans was allowed to make anymore appeals.

Why shouldn't Oldham be allowed to?
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:27 pm

It's reported that they will change their minds after this 20,000 online petition. I read one article which the head of one group basically doesn't want hi to work anywhere ever again. She says no employer should take him on as this belittles his crime!
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:02 am

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:02 pm

Guess Samuel is right.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:22 pm

I was reading that article you posted, Bluey, and one of the comments made a lot of sense.

I have no issues, whatsoever, with Ched Evans returning to football - even professionally for thousands of pounds a week. But he should not be allowed to do so until he does something that he has pointedly refused to do. No, not apologise to his victim (though that would help too) - he won't do this as that would admit a guilt he denies and is currently appealing. No, instead I believe that he should tell all of those who insist on exposing the identity of his victim through Social Media in a vile, hurtful campaign against her to lay off! Making some sort of statement that he thoroughly disapproves of any attempts to identify (or worse, vilify) his victim would at least give the impression that he was not heartless and would actually make him a bit more of a role model! Do that one, small thing and then he can go back to doing the job he loves and let the supporters of whichever club he ends up at decide what they think of him.

This, for me, is pretty much the crux of the problem:  His failure to acknowledge the crime is understandable, given he still protests his innocence, but his failure to also acknowledge his victim (regardless of whether he did it or not) isn't.  Even if he is subsequently proved innocent, perhaps at least defending her would count for something.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:48 pm

I agree Leo, that's the least he should do.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:36 pm

if lee hughes is allowed to resume his career,then Evans should be allowed to as at best it was a serious error of judgement,its not like he was a predator.
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:47 pm

Yep and oersonally I think the Plymouth keeper killing 2 children whilst drink driving is far worse than wot Ched Evans did Dint remember much furore about that and he's now Plymouths captain Question
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:52 pm

Agree with what everyone has posted.

I must admit...I was sort of on the side of him not being allowed to pursue a career where he can be adored by children and adults alike.

I was of the opinion, that not 'all' professions should allow certain type of convicted criminals back in.....Police, Doctors, Lawyers, School Teachers, Care workers etc....

However, after reading a little more about the case and after reading this article, I'm of the opinion that he has served his time and under the appeals process, he should be allowed to continue his career...however, lose the appeal, unless he apologises to the victim - then he should never be allowed back in a public arena like football.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:55 pm

Agree what Leo posted.....it would go a long way to assisting this whole furore and his case.

However, social media society these days is beyond repair.

Some of the shit I read on social media is pathetic...and sometimes dangerous.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:02 pm

Regardless of how distasteful and horrible he may be, he doesn't have to apologise or show remorse even if he doesn't get cleared. The judicial system doesn't ask for it. He's going to get a rollocking at every ground he plays at whether he gets off or not.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:08 pm

Agree to a certain extent...if he truly believes he's innocent then why should he. However, he could possibly contribute to the social media hysteria surrounding this by saying that "he'll have his day in Court and prove his innocence, but harassing somebody like this doesn't help anybody"
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:18 pm

I agree Bluey. If he's innocent, or proved innocent, he should at est call the dogs off. That website should be investigated and the 'owners and contributors' should face any punishment deemed appropriate and within the law.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:22 pm

That's true.

IF...she is a victim of rape (which the Courts have so far proved)..and if Evans is a convicted rapist (which the Courts so far have proved)...then the people on social media should be charged and sued for deformation of character and false mis-statement.

But they so far have gotten away with hounding a 'current' victim of rape.

Disgusting.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:30 pm

It's a tough call because one guy got off and you could argue it's unfair on him that she's not been named. But the law is as it is and she shouldn't have been named.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down