Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Reus, are we in a good position to sign him? EmptyYesterday at 8:56 pm by Wensdi

» Today's game
Reus, are we in a good position to sign him? EmptyYesterday at 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Reus, are we in a good position to sign him? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Reus, are we in a good position to sign him? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Reus, are we in a good position to sign him? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Reus, are we in a good position to sign him? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Reus, are we in a good position to sign him? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Reus, are we in a good position to sign him? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Reus, are we in a good position to sign him? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Reus, are we in a good position to sign him? EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Reus, are we in a good position to sign him?

4 posters

Go down

Reus, are we in a good position to sign him? Empty Reus, are we in a good position to sign him?

Post by Topdawg Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:14 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2932910/Marco-Reus-WON-T-join-Bayern-Munich-prompting-transfer-fight-Real-Madrid-Chelsea-Manchester-City.html

Bayern aren't pursuing him anymore and real may get a transfer ban. We should be busting a gut to get this lad.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Reus, are we in a good position to sign him? Empty Re: Reus, are we in a good position to sign him?

Post by shakencity Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:20 pm

It's all a tad depressing when you keep reading that Chelsea keep buying and improving their squad, i'm sure a top signing will cheer everyone up....but we're fast running out of time.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Reus, are we in a good position to sign him? Empty Re: Reus, are we in a good position to sign him?

Post by Topdawg Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:29 pm

I can't see us getting anyone in Jan. Reus should be high up on our summer signing list (unless we get Messi).
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:16 pm

Too late now as we don't have the money unless we sold Jovetic/Navas/Dzeko....or 2 of the 3....and we wouldn't be able to do that between now and Monday evening, unless something is already in the pipeline that we don't know about. But doubt it.

We'll just have to ride out the 2 competitions with what we've got - which, unless it drastically improves, will be a trophy-less season and a very very disappointing one, considering we were out of 2 domestic cups to Newcastle and Boro.

I can only see a MASSIVE shake up in the summer - and that MAY or MAY NOT include the Manager as well.

Our squad's age needs reducing dramatically. We need the following changes in the shake up IMO and that will mean players out and new younger players in:

RB - Sagna out
LB - Clichy/Kolorov or both out
CB - DeM or Boyata out

X2 MF's - Navas and Lampard out

x2 Strikers - Dzeko and Jovetic out.

We need to recruit at least 3 HG players and replace the likes of Lampard, Navas, TLMLF, Dzeko and Jovetic with some seriously good talent.

We may need to bring back the likes of Rekik from loan for our LB/CB position and maybe even add the likes of Facey or Denayer at RB.

It's imperative we get rid of the dross whilst they are still worth anything.

The likes of Bale, Reus, Isco and Gozte would be ideal, along with Draxler, Pogba and Rodriguez....these are players we should be tempting away if we can. Clearly, we won't get all if any of them, but we should at least be attempting to bring them in.

Far too many players for the past 2 seasons have just drifted through games and for one reason or another...and it's not good enough if we want to be challenging for the PL and reaching the semi's/finals of the CL.

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:08 pm

Can't see Sagna leaving as he's on a good contract and he's happy to pay 2nd fiddle. Kolarov has just signed a new deal so he'd probably be reluctant to move on too. Dimi is going to be offered a 12 m extension so it's Dedryck that should be for the chop. I'd get Rekik and Denayar back and, unless we can get a real world class CB or LB, leave it at that.

Navas, Dzeko and Jovetic should leave but I can see Navas staying especially if the manager stays or we don't recruit a world class winger. 

It's like we were last season. We knew we needed a 2nd RB, a world class CB and a new LB. Nothing has changed as we still need those three positions.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:30 pm

Just because Kolorov signed a new contract doesn't mean we can't move him on...and Clichy and DeM.

To be fair...if the Manager goes they'll be wholesale changes anyway.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:44 pm

Let's hope that he goes then...
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:49 pm

I doubt it'll make much difference if he does.  I don't think we signed anyone especially spectacular once Bobby was shipped out, aside from Nedge, whose form fell off a cliff after a niggling injury.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down