Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

TMG

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Man City's squad EmptyToday at 7:08 pm by shakencity

» Have it - Four in a row
Man City's squad EmptyToday at 12:39 pm by titbumwilly

» So, it's another last day shoot out.
Man City's squad EmptyFri May 17, 2024 5:36 pm by Topdawg

» Today's game
Man City's squad EmptyThu May 16, 2024 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Man City's squad EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Man City's squad EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Man City's squad EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Man City's squad EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Man City's squad EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Man City's squad EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Man City's squad

+2
lee1pen
TMG
6 posters

Go down

Man City's squad Empty Man City's squad

Post by TMG Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:09 pm

If Bobby Manc doesn't start using the squad better we are going to come unstuck. I know players should be fit enough to play twice a week but it seems they are not. We have now played 5 matches in 13 days so no wonder many players look tired.

But we have Michael Johnson, James Milner, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Edin Dzeko, Dedryk Boyata, Alex Nimely & John Guidetti. I haven't included Jo coz he's just pants

Why on earth doesn't Bobby give these players more game time. I'm not saying play all of them but a half or 30/35 mins for these players may just be the missing spark in many of our performances

Lescott, Yaya, Barry & Vieira have all played the last 3 games & none of them are exactly the fittest players in the PL
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Man City's squad Empty Re: Man City's squad

Post by lee1pen Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:38 pm

I thought Milner and SWeep were Injured and with Johnson not playing for over 12 months I would have thought it best that he comes on as a sub. I know what you mean about blooding some but I think its a balancing act between experience tired legs and youthful enthusiasm and not knowing how they will react. Lets face it TMG this is City and weve lost games with 30 minutes to go.
I'm not saying I think Mancini has it right but I can see his reasoning behind it.
Look as Spuds, they've had a rest for 8 days and still looked jaded for the first 20 minutes and last 10 minutes.
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:01 pm

Agree Lee but Sweep & Milner were both on the subs bench for the Fulham game. Milner played 13 minutes, SWP didn't come on. Dzeko has played 4 minutes in the last 2 games. Why did we pay £30 million for him?

Johnson, Guidetti or Nimely could have been given 20 minutes against Notts County & Aris if eligible
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Boris Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:18 pm

This is starting to annoy me. Mancini is saying that the players are knackered yet he's using the same 13/14 players game in, game out. Some of our recent league games have been crying out for SWP to add something different or to run at tired FB's for the last 20 minutes. Yaya has looked like he's going to collapse with exhaustion and there's Milner sat on the bench, fresh as a daisy.
Boris
Boris
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

http://www.pickaweb.co.uk/billing/aff.php?aff=388

Back to top Go down

Post by Yaya_Nono Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:11 pm

Totally agree here with you Boris. Why keep playing players that are fucked?

Poor SWP is busting a gut for a chance and you just know he'd love to stick around a bit longer but the same dead on their feet players are being used game after game, after game, after game, after game.

If Bobby isn't careful we'll crash out of both cups and finish 5th.

Utilise the squad man that's what it's there for!
Yaya_Nono
Yaya_Nono
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:48 pm

I agree, I know we've had a few injuries, but with the size of our squad he has enough players to play two games a week with pretty much two completely different starting elevens. Everyone else goes on about our squad depth, but I think Mancini's utilisation of our squad is quite poor.

He bangs on about players being tired, but generally only makes subs in the dying minutes, seemingly more for the sake of it rather than to give a player a rest. Yaya Toure in particular struggles to make it through 90mins a week, let alone 180.

Dzeko, Balotelli, Tevez & Nimley

Barry, De Jong, Yaya, Milner, Silva, SWP, M Johnson, A Johnson & Viera

Kompany, Toure, Lescott, Boateng, Richards, Zaba, Boyata & Kolarov

Hart & Given

You look at that list of players there, and you have to say there are several players that have barely featured this season, the main one for me being Milner. I like this lad, but he has been used sparingly, to the point that there's been no chance of him showing any consistency or form. Then you add to that list the likes of; SWP, Boyata and Boateng (in the sense that he is usually played out of position), and the young lads like Nimley and Wabara. These are all players that surely could have been utilised in Europa and FA Cup matches at the very least?

Is it a coincidence that our dip in form since Christmas has come at a time when we are playing two matches every week? Probably not, but for me it's summed up by his decision to bring on Jo instead of Michael Johnson in the last 15 minutes of the Villa game when we were three up.
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:42 pm

I agree witht the guys that Bobby needs to use the whole squad and stop picking the same guys game after game in every competition. I particularly cannot understand why Barry seems to be the first name on every team sheet, to me he seems no better than ordinary and to continue to bring Jo on as a sub in any games is mind boggling.
If we are cruising against Reading that would be an ideal opportunity to give Johnson, and the young lads mentioned a run out if only for 20 - 30 minutes, surely that would be more productive and beneficial to the team than bringing Jo on?
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down