Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» Have it - Four in a row
Friday Gossip EmptyToday at 9:59 pm by Topdawg

» 23/24 Prediction League
Friday Gossip EmptyToday at 8:49 am by Jwils2710

» So, it's another last day shoot out.
Friday Gossip EmptyFri May 17, 2024 5:36 pm by Topdawg

» Today's game
Friday Gossip EmptyThu May 16, 2024 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Friday Gossip EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Friday Gossip EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Friday Gossip EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Friday Gossip EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Friday Gossip EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Friday Gossip EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Friday Gossip

+2
Bewar3them00n
lee1pen
6 posters

Go down

Friday Gossip Empty Friday Gossip

Post by lee1pen Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:18 am

The media loves a bit of good old-fashioned rivalry, and not just the derby kind, so even before we are inundated with the build-up to the Community Shield, something is stirring.

Pride of place today has to go to a superb full-page interview with Patrick Vieira in the Mail, headlined "The English game was made for me ... I will really miss it."
WTMS once had a sports editor who, when offered a feature interview, would growl: "Where's the hatred? Where's the conflict? That's what people want to read." Well, the conflict is certainly here.
Writer Ian Ladyman, out in LA, gets his first tackle in straight away: "Asked if he ever thinks about a famous confrontation with former Manchester United captain Roy Keane in the tunnel at Arsenal in 2005, Vieira smiled and delivered a telling reply.
"'Of course, I still remember it,' he said. 'And I still watch some of the videos of it on YouTube at home. It makes me smile because it was a special moment. It makes me laugh, it makes me happy and I'm proud to watch it all the time. They were fantastic moments.'
"The thought of Vieira sitting at home in front of his laptop running through classic footage is an amusing one. Certainly it is hard to imagine Keane doing the same.
"The two men were different away from the field, of course. Keane carried his anger around with him like a bad cold. Vieira left his game face on the field at full-time."
Raymond Chandler would have been proud of that middle sentence, by the way. Maybe LA is rubbing off on Laydo ...
Vieira was a top Gunner back then, of course. Now he's a true Blue albeit newly retired: "So, while his former team-mates enjoyed a day off by playing golf and sitting on the beach, he was at a children's day centre in his new role as the club's football development executive."
City play LA Galaxy at the weekend, but when it comes to getting bums on seats, Galaxy boss Bruce Arena needs a little gentle instruction from the hypesters of the boxing world.
He tells ESPN: “I don't think it's that important - this is an exhibition in a tournament where we've brought some of the great club teams in the world to the United States to play MLS club teams and others, and it's to show these great teams and players."
Still, one of his current players, a 36-year-old former England international, more than makes up for it with a few petty remarks calculated to garner headlines if not enhance his reputation.
David Beckham, who celebrated his Manchester connections by naming his daughter after Harpurhey, tells goal.com and others: "They might be a threat this season, but United have got the history, the silverware over the last 20 years (And before that it was Liverpool - Ed).
“This game on Sunday is just a small game. There is no extra motivation because it’s Man City. It’s just another game. It’s not special to me because it’s Man City. I am a Man United fan."
He's from Essex.
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Friday Gossip Empty Re: Friday Gossip

Post by Bewar3them00n Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:54 am

“This game on Sunday is just a small game. There is no extra motivation because it’s Man City. It’s just another game. It’s not special to me because it’s Man City. I am a Man United fan."
He's from Essex.

Well, that says volumes really, trying to stir something up, does he really want a slapp from DeJong, or a Micah mauling? ....... can't he just be a bit more gracious in his final few years while he's out to pasture?

Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:53 am

He is ratboys best buddy, gracious? He is a fucking idiot, who in their mind would calĺ their kid half past seven!

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:19 pm

It would have been special if he was still with the Rags, but who really gives a shit what David Becham thinks anyway.

Clichy and back pocket spring to mind, that's if he has the goldenballs to play.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:22 pm

He mixes it with film stars and politicians both sides of the big pond but when it boils down to it the squeaky voiced shite is still just a big fucking girl who knows nowt. I wouldn't give my kids ridiculous names just to get my name in the headlines again like those two twats do, i would have some consideration for the kid and not all about myself the arrogant fuckers. Was that too over the top?Suspect
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:05 pm

i think you got it just about right
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sheppeyblue Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:10 pm

Here is a 'man' who said "I don't know how I'm going to cope with having the colour pink in the house." WTF?
He's a knob, his wife's a knob and his best mate is a knob.
Jog on squeaky, surely you must have some bean cans to re-arrange somewhere?
sheppeyblue
sheppeyblue
Not Really Here
Not Really Here

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down