Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

skyblueoz

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 3:20 pm
Latest topics
» So, it's another ladt day shoot out.
Are journos just making stuff up again? EmptyToday at 3:57 am by skyblueoz

» 23/24 Prediction League
Are journos just making stuff up again? EmptyToday at 3:20 am by shakencity

» Today's game
Are journos just making stuff up again? EmptyYesterday at 6:25 am by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Are journos just making stuff up again? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 12:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Are journos just making stuff up again? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 5:08 am by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Are journos just making stuff up again? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 4:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Are journos just making stuff up again? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 4:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Are journos just making stuff up again? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 1:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Are journos just making stuff up again? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 9:08 am by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Are journos just making stuff up again? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 5:21 am by shakencity

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Are journos just making stuff up again?

3 posters

Go down

Are journos just making stuff up again? Empty Are journos just making stuff up again?

Post by Topdawg Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:24 am

From Independent:

Meanwhile, Craig Bellamy has impressed City officials by throwing
himself into his pre-season work with the academy players, opening up
the possibility that he could play his way back into favour.

From Guardian:

There will, however, be no reprieve for Craig Bellamy and it is here that
Mancini demonstrates that, behind the smile, this is a man who budges
for nobody. "We already have three strikers," he says. "I think it will
be difficult to have a player who can play only once a month. I don't
like this."
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Are journos just making stuff up again? Empty Re: Are journos just making stuff up again?

Post by shakencity Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:00 am

Can't see Bellamy playing again for Citys 1st team tbh, if there'd been any chance i think he'd have gone on tour. Time to move on imo.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Are journos just making stuff up again? Empty Re: Are journos just making stuff up again?

Post by Bewar3them00n Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:29 am

I'd go with the Guardian view, it has a quote from Mancini, plus a player who's at the end or on the way down performance wise ( in that he's over 30 and has dodgy knees) with a large salary, needs to move on so that we can pay for the new signings who will no doubt play more games now, and in the future.

There's also an interesting piece about how Mancini wants more control over signings etc... citing his frustration with the lack of signings this summer.

I can understand Manour and co. being wary about the FFP rulings, but with UTD and Chelsea splashing it round like monopoly money, are we in danger of shooting ourselves in the foot? if UTD and Chelsea blow their wads this without regards for FFP, will FIFA ban them from the CL etc.....? Chelsea have a smaller ground than us and just as big if not bigger outlay on salaries etc.. how can they flash it around, yet we can't?
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:53 am

mancini is very unhappy as he wanted 5-6 players and he wanted them in in june/july and he really wanted them on this trip (however those in copa america wouldn't have come).

he really wanted sanchez. i think he was the number one target but sanchez wanted to go to Barca and we just don't have enough of the cash to flash with the FFPR coming in.

i can see mutd being ok, but really can't see chelsea sorting their finances out without a sponsorship type of deal such as ours.

i think we'll get 2 or 3 more players this window. hopefully aguero early next week and nasri before the end of the month. we really need to make deals happen quickly to let the players have time to bed in.

i reckon we'll get a cheap youngster as well along the way.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:00 am

I very much doubt mancini would say "... plays once a month..." , especially when we are trying to sell him!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down