Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» Have it - Four in a row
Why do Managers make such pathetic excuses? EmptyToday at 4:44 am by titbumwilly

» 23/24 Prediction League
Why do Managers make such pathetic excuses? EmptyYesterday at 8:49 am by Jwils2710

» So, it's another last day shoot out.
Why do Managers make such pathetic excuses? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 5:36 pm by Topdawg

» Today's game
Why do Managers make such pathetic excuses? EmptyThu May 16, 2024 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Why do Managers make such pathetic excuses? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Why do Managers make such pathetic excuses? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Why do Managers make such pathetic excuses? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Why do Managers make such pathetic excuses? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Why do Managers make such pathetic excuses? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Why do Managers make such pathetic excuses? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Why do Managers make such pathetic excuses?

3 posters

Go down

Why do Managers make such pathetic excuses? Empty Why do Managers make such pathetic excuses?

Post by blueboy Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:42 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3265786/Germany-boss-Joachim-Low-critical-Republic-Ireland-s-long-hopeful-balls-shock-defeat-Euro-2016-qualifier.html

I hate it when Managers come out and say "they had 9 or 10 men behind the ball"..."all they did was pump long balls up the field".....

Do you EVER hear a Manager come out after a game in which they've won (6-1?)(5-0?) and complain about how the opposition played? Never!

They only moan and whine when they get beat! Pisses me off...like defending isn't part of the game, neither is a long ball!!!
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Why do Managers make such pathetic excuses? Empty Re: Why do Managers make such pathetic excuses?

Post by shakencity Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:57 am

I watched most of the game last night and thought Ireland defended brilliantly.....and yes, they had a bit of luck, but so what.

If they have attacked and gone all gung ho, they'd have been simply picked off n got hammered. Their tactics were spot on and they deserve all the credit for hanging on in there and scraping home.

It was great watching Germany frustrated and lose, so well done indeed i say.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Why do Managers make such pathetic excuses? Empty Re: Why do Managers make such pathetic excuses?

Post by leopold Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:06 am

We make the same excuses when we're picked off by a team that parks the bus, don't we?

Football is about tactics, always has been. When you're the weaker team by some margin, you need to find some way to win, and teams that manage it should be applauded, not vilified.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:17 am

leopold wrote:We make the same excuses when we're picked off by a team that parks the bus, don't we?

Football is about tactics, always has been.  When you're the weaker team by some margin, you need to find some way to win, and teams that manage it should be applauded, not vilified.

Yes, we do Leo. And for me, it's wrong. My point was that we never hear Managers complaining about it when they win, only when they lose. So if this approach is so 'anti-football', why don't they complain after they've battered a team?

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:36 am

Sorry, yes, you're right... I completely missed the point there, didn't I? Embarassed

I guess the job of a manager is so frail now that they have to find anything to cover their arses with. Like medics running onto the pitch, or an FA/UEFA conspiracy, or little teams playing unsavoury tactics. Not that I'm pointing the finger at anyone in particular... ahem...
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:40 am

Razz
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down