Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Touch Rugby for U18's???? Oh FFS....what next?? EmptyToday at 8:49 am by Jwils2710

» So, it's another last day shoot out.
Touch Rugby for U18's???? Oh FFS....what next?? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 5:36 pm by Topdawg

» Today's game
Touch Rugby for U18's???? Oh FFS....what next?? EmptyThu May 16, 2024 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Touch Rugby for U18's???? Oh FFS....what next?? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Touch Rugby for U18's???? Oh FFS....what next?? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Touch Rugby for U18's???? Oh FFS....what next?? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Touch Rugby for U18's???? Oh FFS....what next?? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Touch Rugby for U18's???? Oh FFS....what next?? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Touch Rugby for U18's???? Oh FFS....what next?? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Touch Rugby for U18's???? Oh FFS....what next?? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Touch Rugby for U18's???? Oh FFS....what next??

3 posters

Go down

Touch Rugby for U18's???? Oh FFS....what next?? Empty Touch Rugby for U18's???? Oh FFS....what next??

Post by blueboy Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:41 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3472205/Schools-ban-tackling-rugby-say-doctors-risk-causing-injuries-children.html

Under-18s are vulnerable to injuries from tackles and scrums, they warned, and the benefits of team sport could be maintained if a safer form were played.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

My lads played Rugby for school since he was 12 and apart from coming home every week with a few stud marks down his leg, he's never been injured and he's part of the scrum.

Yet, he's had 3 visits to A&E for stitches and lost a tooth whilst playing cricket!!
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Touch Rugby for U18's???? Oh FFS....what next?? Empty Re: Touch Rugby for U18's???? Oh FFS....what next??

Post by shakencity Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:56 am

Yeah it complete bullshit Andy....they'll be saying the same about footy next.

These sports are contact sports and everyone who plays them knows that. If any of them have a fear of getting injured then that's not the sport for them.

Doctors can fuck off and just stick to mending kids when they get injured Razz .
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Touch Rugby for U18's???? Oh FFS....what next?? Empty Re: Touch Rugby for U18's???? Oh FFS....what next??

Post by Topdawg Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:17 am

My youngest started rugby aged 6. It was a bit of an eye opener especially when he got handed off first practice session. He gets hurt a little, but he doesn't really care. He just gets up and carries on. I won't be stopping him from playing.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:16 pm

That's the attitude Dawg...if kids don't get roughed up somehow through contact sports, as Den said, they shouldn't be playing them.

Injuries will always happen....FFS, my lads testament to that with cricket, but then he loves getting stuck in....he's been our keeper for the footy U18's, even though he's just 16, and wears his scars with pride!!

If kids are afraid of getting hurt - you'll know soon enough and fair enough, pull them out rather than make them play. Not all kids are the same or have a desire to accept getting hurt - but to mandate it, is just purely wrong in my opinion.

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:13 pm

It's funny that he gets knocked about by older, bigger lads and he just gets on with it. But when he got pushed to the floor after training, he burst out crying!!!

He's as hard as nails though, always headbutting me in the stomach or trying to tackle me.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:15 pm

Have a word...maybe it's to do with someone in his age group?

Not sure how old he is though.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down