Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Stone Roses EmptyToday at 8:49 am by Jwils2710

» So, it's another last day shoot out.
Stone Roses EmptyFri May 17, 2024 5:36 pm by Topdawg

» Today's game
Stone Roses EmptyThu May 16, 2024 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Stone Roses EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Stone Roses EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Stone Roses EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Stone Roses EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Stone Roses EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Stone Roses EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Stone Roses EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Stone Roses

3 posters

Go down

Stone Roses Empty Stone Roses

Post by shakencity Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:26 am

Well i finally got to see the Roses after waiting 25yrs to do so.

Q. Was it worth the wait?
A. Silly really....of course it bloody was.

60,000 old and surprisingly young fans all dancing and singing made it a truly great night at the Etihad. Whether the Roses were back to their best is a different question, but who gives a shit, as far as i was concerned they were absolutely fantastic.
It really was a night i'll never forget and one that was certainly worth the wait.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/stones-roses-review-etihad-manchester-11479875
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Stone Roses Empty Re: Stone Roses

Post by blueboy Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:43 am

I saw them years ago...was a little sceptical they could reproduce it, but sounds like they were decent.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titbumwilly Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:15 pm

It's amazing how people can have such different views of the same event.
I went on Friday and can honestly say it was an utter waste of time and money. I will never go to another large venue again to see a band.
Had a great day leading up to it, then a couple of pints outside the ground, where the atmosphere was great.
Got inside to just miss The Buzzcocks, which was a shame, but I was adamant I wouldn't let that get to me. The Coral were very impressive in my opinion. Love that melodic guitar sound and harmonies. Wasn't sure what to expect from Public Enemy, but they were fantastic live. Loved every minute of it.
Then as we waited for The Roses to come on we started to get surrounded by teenage pricks who couldn't handle their beer, and all thought they were Liam Gallagher, giving it attitude and swagger. Embarrassing little wankers. Then the coke came out around us, with people openly passing it around and looking as if they thought they were the first people to ever do such a daring thing.
Well, live and let live I thought.
Then the band walked on and started and all the little plastic gangsters started throwing beer, piss and bottles around. Within 30 seconds of the band starting my missus got a full glass of red wine thrown in her face, meaning she missed the next 10 minutes trying to wash wine out of her stinging eyes. Strangely enough nobody was brave enough to admit to throwing it. Cowards.
As the gig progressed a bunch of little cunts behind us were deliberately jumping into everyone around them (elbowing and slapping people) trying to provoke a row. When my mate's missus told them to stop pissing everyone off, he told her "it's the fucking roses, so fuck off". Very brave. Strangely enough he didn't look so brave with a hand round his throat and the threat of a kicking.
Afterwards all those around said thanks as they were all pissed off by them. Yet nobody stepped in.
More and more drinks, piss and plastic bottles were flying at this point.
After about half an hour the area we were in got hit by a full pint of warm piss, covering everyone. At this point we went to the side of the pitch.
As my missus was stood there crying a steward rushed over and said "get off the fucking concrete, get off the fucking concrete". He was told in no uncertain terms how we all felt.
More stewards were called and I had to explain that right where we stood drinks and piss were flying and not one of them was doing anything about it.
The searching going into the ground was a joke, and the stewarding inside was even worse.
Why were drinks being allowed onto the pitch, carried by scrotes who were obviously already pissed and underage?
As for the band, well I thought it was just 4 old blokes who obviously had no chemistry with the audience or among themselves, going through the motions to make money. Just retire for Christ sake!
And I loved this band by the way.
All in all a shit experience for me.
titbumwilly
titbumwilly
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:37 am

Wow, tbw that really does sound shit mate...and i think we'd all be well n truly pissed off it it's happened to any one of us.

After hearing that i'm glad to say, my day was much less eventful. Went in town for some drinks n food around 3ish, then got the tram upto the Etihad around 7. Couldn't give 2 shits about the support acts so stayed in Summerbees bar til 8.45.
We had seats on the 2nd row of the 3rd tier in the Colin Bell stand, everyone was well behaved n having a great time up there.....we did see loads of "liquids" being thrown about when they came on, maybe all the scoats were on the pitch then?
Worst bit for me were the queues at the bar, they're not even like that on match days.....it took a good 20 minutes or so to get served Mad.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:04 am

titbumwilly wrote:It's amazing how people can have such different views of the same event.
I went on Friday and can honestly say it was an utter waste of time and money. I will never go to another large venue again to see a band.
Had a great day leading up to it, then a couple of pints outside the ground, where the atmosphere was great.
Got inside to just miss The Buzzcocks, which was a shame, but I was adamant I wouldn't let that get to me. The Coral were very impressive in my opinion. Love that melodic guitar sound and harmonies. Wasn't sure what to expect from Public Enemy, but they were fantastic live. Loved every minute of it.
Then as we waited for The Roses to come on we started to get surrounded by teenage pricks who couldn't handle their beer, and all thought they were Liam Gallagher, giving it attitude and swagger. Embarrassing little wankers. Then the coke came out around us, with people openly passing it around and looking as if they thought they were the first people to ever do such a daring thing.
Well, live and let live I thought.
Then the band walked on and started and all the little plastic gangsters started throwing beer, piss and bottles around. Within 30 seconds of the band starting my missus got a full glass of red wine thrown in her face, meaning she missed the next 10 minutes trying to wash wine out of her stinging eyes. Strangely enough nobody was brave enough to admit to throwing it. Cowards.
As the gig progressed a bunch of little cunts behind us were deliberately jumping into everyone around them (elbowing and slapping people) trying to provoke a row. When my mate's missus told them to stop pissing everyone off, he told her "it's the fucking roses, so fuck off". Very brave. Strangely enough he didn't look so brave with a hand round his throat and the threat of a kicking.
Afterwards all those around said thanks as they were all pissed off by them. Yet nobody stepped in.
More and more drinks, piss and plastic bottles were flying at this point.
After about half an hour the area we were in got hit by a full pint of warm piss, covering everyone. At this point we went to the side of the pitch.
As my missus was stood there crying a steward rushed over and said "get off the fucking concrete, get off the fucking concrete". He was told in no uncertain terms how we all felt.
More stewards were called and I had to explain that right where we stood drinks and piss were flying and not one of them was doing anything about it.
The searching going into the ground was a joke, and the stewarding inside was even worse.
Why were drinks being allowed onto the pitch, carried by scrotes who were obviously already pissed and underage?
As for the band, well I thought it was just 4 old blokes who obviously had no chemistry with the audience or among themselves, going through the motions to make money. Just retire for Christ sake!
And I loved this band by the way.
All in all a shit experience for me.

I went to Oasis there and it was exactly the same Oz...chucking empty cups of piss everywhere.

It was disgusting.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down