Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Well the week just gets better and better EmptyToday at 12:52 pm by titbumwilly

» Have it - Four in a row
Well the week just gets better and better EmptyToday at 12:39 pm by titbumwilly

» So, it's another last day shoot out.
Well the week just gets better and better EmptyFri May 17, 2024 5:36 pm by Topdawg

» Today's game
Well the week just gets better and better EmptyThu May 16, 2024 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Well the week just gets better and better EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Well the week just gets better and better EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Well the week just gets better and better EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Well the week just gets better and better EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Well the week just gets better and better EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Well the week just gets better and better EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Well the week just gets better and better

+3
Topdawg
TMG
Wensdi
7 posters

Go down

Well the week just gets better and better Empty Well the week just gets better and better

Post by Wensdi Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:09 pm

Humiliating result for us on the back of the exit from Europe.  Unbelievable.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Well the week just gets better and better Empty Re: Well the week just gets better and better

Post by TMG Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:36 am

Out of Europe twice in a week !
I have to say that was the the worst performance by an England CF I've seen in 40 odd years of watching football
Having said that Rooney was an embarrassment, Sturridge went from world class to worse than pub team player
Dier dreadful, Ali a complete disappointment Hart had a shocking tournament
I read somewhere that Rashford was MOTM having played 4 minutes I wouldn't argue with that
Utterly utterly shit performance !
That's it ! Like Messi I'm retiring from international football. Unless major changes are made starting with getting rid of the whole bunch of twats at the FA I won't be watching England again
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Well the week just gets better and better Empty Re: Well the week just gets better and better

Post by Topdawg Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:34 am

Unbelievable the number of hit and hope passes, especially in midfield. Kane was utterly abysmal, Rooney was truly awful. No team spirit at all. They were afraid to have the ball. As for the next manager, couldn't do worse than have hoddle back.

Last edited by Topdawg on Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:44 am

Can't disagree with anything said above.

The team for the 1st 2 games were pretty good overall, but we had no end product whatsoever.
The 3rd game shouldn't have had the 6 changes Roy made, that said we should have won, but the end product was missing once again...this was a big worry for me.
And as for this game, well i don't really know what to say....it was like watching a Sunday pub team having had a heavy Saturday night out. We couldn't string 2 passes together, couldn't control the ball, didn't pick up runners, lost all the aerial battles, got out-thought, resorted to long ball hoof it up field tactics....the list goes on and on. We once again had no end product and our defence conceded 2 of the softest goals in the tournament thus far.

Ali has been utterly woeful in all 4 games, none of the forwards can hit a barn door, Dier won't go outside a 10ft square box infront of the defence, Rooney keeps coming too deep and punting rubbish hopeful 60yd balls, Sterling...useless, don't need to say any more, Wilshire's clearly not fit, Cahill's shite, Henderson shouldn't have boarded the plane and Hart's been accountable for half the goals conceded.

Also, what is the fucking point of giving Rashford the last 5 minutes, FFS give the lad and us a chance (this really does wind me up)....he should have come on at half time instead of Sterling...simple!

I actually think the only ones that have come out of this with any credit are Smalling, Walker, Rose and Lallana....and maybe Rashford.

So disappointed about last night, but tbh in no way surprised.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:34 am

Many of the suits at the FA should fall on their swords, but they won't leave the gravy train. Focus on football and forget about the money.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:00 am

As we're clearly not happy about the result, maybe we should petition UEFA and ask for a replay..*cough, cough*

I'll get my coat....
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:51 am

blueboy wrote:As we're clearly not happy about the result, maybe we should petition UEFA and ask for a replay..*cough, cough*

I'll get my coat....
Nah, i think the best thing our team can do is jump on the next plane home and keep their heads down until the season kicks off.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:48 am

On a serious note.....we've been saying it for years - Woy just isn't up to the job and that pre-prepared statement after the game was embarrassing "it's one of those things"? "it's been a great journey"...."we have the youngest team here"....err no you didn't Woy, Germany, the world champions, have a younger team!!

The problem is, the FA appointed a man who had been managing WBA. He was a safe option - he didn't rock any boats and played the FA game....therefore, what do you expect his teams to play like? He managed the Swiss over 20 years ago and spent 9 months managing Finland...and he was deemed suitable??

Now, we're hearing that Gareth Southgate is the favourite. Gareth fucking Southgate??? Another FA yes man.

Until the FA has a massive clear out, from top down, we'll always win fuck all.

The FA - managed at the top by a man in charge of the BBC and LWT. Had a brief spell at United in the 90's and was at Brentford...whoopy fucking do.

Martin Glen - CEO....worked for United Biscuits, Walkers and Unilever - and has a grassroots coaching qualification.

National Game Representatives

Barry Bright - 70 year old retired estate agent. Kent FA administrator.

Roger Burden - another in his late 60's, early 70's and Gloucestershire FA Director who had a row with David Gill as he said "there's nothing wrong with the status quo of football in this country" wtf???

Jack Pearce - 65 years of age. Ex player with Bognor Regis Town. Been on the FA Council for 15 years.

Mervyn Leggett - ex Secretary of Worcestershire FA and Evesham District Sunday Leage. Another in his late 60's, early 70's.

David Gill...we all know about.

Ian Lenagan/Peter McCormick/Jeremy Moxey
Roger Devlin/Heather Rabbatts

What's missing from their credentials? What do these people bring to the table, to the FA and to the development of grassroots football?

No wonder the team are in disarray, the FA pick the manager and set the tone....it's all bollocks.

Where are the younger representatives, those still in touch with the modern game? Those who have played the game or managed at the top level? The likes of Harry Rednapp...Glen Hoddle....people who have been in the game a long time, know what's happening, who would be the best candidates.

It an utter shambles the FA...run by a boys brigade of old, out of touch idiots.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:00 pm

I watched, but wasn't invested at all this tournament.  Roy should not have been there after Brazil plain and simple, and listening to them rant about our best chance since 1996 before it started, oh how stupid do they look now.

At least we can shout on the Welsh  Razz Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:20 pm

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:56 pm

Walker was at fault for the first goal when he lost his man at the back post after the throw in was flicked on. I dont think he should escape blameless Shaken.
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:30 pm

Sorry MCM, i thought that was Ali....whoever it was, it was rank bad defending...ball watching in it's finest.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:55 pm

Although I am glad to see the back of Woy - we all know that the England squad has a great deal of talent which we witness week after week in the Premier League matches.  It has to be psychological with England then - because we have seen how they can perform in the friendlies leading up to the Euros.  I don't know how that can addressed though and whether it is purely the manager's job to instill that winning mentality or whether they need a professional sports psychologist to work with.  It's not just this younger squad either - it seems to have been this way for many years.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:56 pm

They had 2 players free!!!

Love the way the media have focuses on how poor Sterling was. Funny, he was the one who won us a penalty...he wasn't at fault for poor defending for either goal.

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:11 pm

blueboy wrote:Until the FA has a massive clear out, from top down, we'll always win fuck all.
I was really pleased to see you list all the names in the FA along with their "credentials", it makes my job responding so much easier.

How on earth is someone who makes biscuits or washing powder for a living a better person to decide on how football in this country is run than someone who used to actually play for a living?

We have way more qualified people for the job doing pundit roles. I know the likes of Camelchops, Boring Owen and Indecipherable Carragher are crap pundits, but at least they know the damn game and would be far better suited to being in the FA than these overpaid suits. We need to get ex-players in there to pick the manager, they'd probably make a better choice than flipping Southgate. Like we'd ever win a penalty shootout with bignose in charge, right?

No, we need to make a ballsy call now and pick a manager who won't take any crap. A manager who'll play every ball with his team, a man who'll fight for everything. I give you Nigel Pearson. Nah, I'm kidding! I think Pardew, or failing that, BFS. I know they're not pretty to watch and not entirely successful, but they know who needs to play where, they can spot a decent player and they'll at least get the team wound up for the game.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:10 am

Wensdi wrote:It has to be psychological with England then - because we have seen how they can perform in the friendlies leading up to the Euros.
I disagree. I think we only appear to do well in friendlies. Look at our friendly game against Germany. Everyone was getting really excited because we took them on in their own back yard and beat them, but there were a couple of significant differences between that and the competition proper:

1. We could make a lot more substitutions, so players who were tiring could be subbed off
2. Germany were using it as a warm-up exercise

I've noticed this a lot, the difference between friendlies and proper games. It's like we play at the same level of intensity, but the really good teams turn it up another notch when the games become meaningful. What's worse, the weaker teams also rise to the occasion (see both Irelands, Wales, Iceland - all of whom stepped up to the plate) which means any team that doesn't perform gets found out very quickly. Except Portugal, who have been very lucky as always Rolling Eyes
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:12 am

Leo we have all seen them perform well at club level too - and if they can't turn it up another notch when it matters - then it may well be psychological - as they do and can perform well.  Every manager they have ever had seems to have the same issues with the team when it matters.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:33 am

leopold wrote:
blueboy wrote:Until the FA has a massive clear out, from top down, we'll always win fuck all.
I was really pleased to see you list all the names in the FA along with their "credentials", it makes my job responding so much easier.

How on earth is someone who makes biscuits or washing powder for a living a better person to decide on how football in this country is run than someone who used to actually play for a living?

We have way more qualified people for the job doing pundit roles.  I know the likes of Camelchops, Boring Owen and Indecipherable Carragher are crap pundits, but at least they know the damn game and would be far better suited to being in the FA than these overpaid suits.  We need to get ex-players in there to pick the manager, they'd probably make a better choice than flipping Southgate.  Like we'd ever win a penalty shootout with bignose in charge, right?

No, we need to make a ballsy call now and pick a manager who won't take any crap. A manager who'll play every ball with his team, a man who'll fight for everything.  I give you Nigel Pearson.  Nah, I'm kidding!  I think Pardew, or failing that, BFS.  I know they're not pretty to watch and not entirely successful, but they know who needs to play where, they can spot a decent player and they'll at least get the team wound up for the game.

After writing this yesterday, I hear somebody in charge of recruiting he new manager, started off with "I'm not a footballing man, but...."

Says all we need to know. An absolute embarrassment.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:10 pm

Wensdi, perhaps it's just the manager? Look at Leicester, they were as good as relegated in 2015, but fast forward one year and they have league champion medals and the difference was one manager and two cheap players.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down