Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
9/11 Memories EmptyToday at 12:52 pm by titbumwilly

» Have it - Four in a row
9/11 Memories EmptyToday at 12:39 pm by titbumwilly

» So, it's another last day shoot out.
9/11 Memories EmptyFri May 17, 2024 5:36 pm by Topdawg

» Today's game
9/11 Memories EmptyThu May 16, 2024 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
9/11 Memories EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
9/11 Memories EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
9/11 Memories EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
9/11 Memories EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
9/11 Memories EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
9/11 Memories EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

9/11 Memories

+2
johnsavitta
joeymancityz
6 posters

Go down

9/11 Memories Empty 9/11 Memories

Post by joeymancityz Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:15 am

Morning fellow blues;

As we are 10 years to the day since that dreadful morning in America, I just wondered what peoples recollections were. Everybody remembers where they were and what they were doing when momentous occasions happed in the world. I vividly remember Mrs Joey waking me up on a Sunday morning to tell me Diana was dead.

9/11 occured on a Tuesday. At the time I was working at Priory Nissan in Urmston and Tuesdays were my usual day off, but that day I swapped as I had two customers, a husband and wife who had each bought a car and could only collect that day. As I was going through the paperwork I vaguely heard something on the radio about a plane flying into the World Trade Center and assumed it was probably a small 4 seater jobby and the pilot had suffered a heart attack. I thought no more about it and carried on. Soon afterwards the rest of our staff were all stood in front of the tv in the reception area. I looked across at my mate Dave from parts. He shook his head and beckoned me over. I excused myself from my customers and rushed over to see a 'replay' of the second plane hitting the south tower. Less than a year previously, I'd stood at the top of the World Trade Center admiring the views of my favourite foreign city. I went back to my desk and told my customers what was going on. They just shrugged their shoulders with callous indifference.

Sometimes, mankind's capacity for evil never ceases to amaze and appall me
joeymancityz
joeymancityz
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

9/11 Memories Empty Re: 9/11 Memories

Post by johnsavitta Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:23 am

I will always remember that day as my previous wife had been diagnosed with premature Alzheimers disease and it was the day i decided to care for her 24/7. We went for lunch in a nice little Italian and then came home and turned the tv on just as the 2nd plane hit the 2nd tower. Just sat there in total silence watching the coverage, and wondering what was happening to the world.
johnsavitta
johnsavitta
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:18 am

I was on holiday in Cuba when it happened and didn't even know anything about it until the following day when we got chatting to another English couple, for the rest of the jolly my wife was shitting it about the thought of getting on the plane to go home.
The images being shown on TV this week make it seem like yesterday, such a sad and terrible thing to happen.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyWithTheArabsCash Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:26 am

I first heard something was going on as i was about to leave the office to go to a meeting in Leeds. Stopped off at my mates house in Dukinfield and sat there as the 2nd plane went in. We thought it was a replay and it took a minute for it to sink in what was happening. Both of us were completely dumbstruck. We just sat there in silence as it unfolded. I'm usually quite cynical, but what i saw that day, really affected me and even after 10 years, i find it difficult to watch any footage of it all without getting emotional.
BoyWithTheArabsCash
BoyWithTheArabsCash
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by ONH Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:10 pm

massive waste of life.

R.I.P.

ONH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:38 pm

I was at my parents and a mate rang to tell me what was going on - they couldn't get pictures at work just a text feed. I spent the next hour telling him what was going on.

I flew to Los Angeles a few months later and I was worried before I left - even told my brother how to look after my business!

I was shocked at some Americans complaining about being searched at the airports - fuckers have to complain about something. Just try being brown and see how many times you are searched at an airport or black and see how many times you are stopped and searched in London.

This was for the good of everyone so just grin and bare it.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down