Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Fucking Phil Neville EmptyToday at 12:52 pm by titbumwilly

» Have it - Four in a row
Fucking Phil Neville EmptyToday at 12:39 pm by titbumwilly

» So, it's another last day shoot out.
Fucking Phil Neville EmptyFri May 17, 2024 5:36 pm by Topdawg

» Today's game
Fucking Phil Neville EmptyThu May 16, 2024 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Fucking Phil Neville EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Fucking Phil Neville EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Fucking Phil Neville EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Fucking Phil Neville EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Fucking Phil Neville EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Fucking Phil Neville EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Fucking Phil Neville

5 posters

Go down

Fucking Phil Neville Empty Fucking Phil Neville

Post by Topdawg Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:32 pm

Watching MOTD2amd he is annoying. He’s a fucking awful pundit. I’m surprised Jenas hasn’t clocked him one.

He’s had a few years at this game and he hasn’t made it. He should be put out to pasture.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Fucking Phil Neville Empty Re: Fucking Phil Neville

Post by Topdawg Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:38 pm

And I hope Everton go down. People's club my arse.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:04 am

In The Mail this morning:

Look at Manchester City’s Phil Foden as an example. If he does not make it as an elite footballer, we should all pack in and say it’s never going to happen for a young English talent ever again. I look at him and can see James Rodriguez.

Foden, believe me, is a superstar in the making. It’s easy to say that after he scored two goals in a World Cup final and won player of the tournament but he has got the lot. People are talking about him being ready for the Premier League in six to eight months but look at him: he’s ready now.

This is what concerns me about the kids who have been successful in 2017. They have made their mark in boys’ football but what they all need now is the chance to do so in the men’s game. They don’t need to hear coaches telling them to wait for the future.

I’ve watched every tournament this summer. It doesn’t matter what the age group, the teams have played with a style that we haven’t seen at youth levels before. We’ve gone away from what used to be our physical ‘strengths’ and play in a more continental — or even Latin — way.

Winning those tournaments has given everyone a lift. But, if we are brutally honest, the Under 20s hardly get mentioned now and I fear it will be the same for the Under 17s in a few months. Once these players go out of sight, they go out of people’s minds.

What these lads have done for England only becomes good if they kick on when they return to their clubs: success, as I see it, is watching Everton’s Jonjoe Kenny and Dominic Calvert-Lewin start against Arsenal in the Premier League, not what they did against Venezuela in June.

Those two are at a club that will give them a platform. Southampton, Tottenham and Manchester United will do likewise but what about elsewhere? I used the word stagnate earlier because I have seen so many lads fail to fulfil their potential due to a lack of games.

The way I see it, this isn’t a problem that can be pinned solely on managers. If I ever get the opportunity to manage, there would be no man more committed to having young players in his team.

He's named 2 players that played against Arsenal. Calvert-Lewin has done what for Everton and Everton are where in the PL? They had Tom Davies in the team who got absolutely skinned by Gray yesterday. The only thing these young players will be doing is playing in the Championship next season....so yes, we could easily fill our team with 3 or 4 academy kids every week, but we wouldn't be where we are currently....we'd probably be sitting close to where Spurs or Soton are.

He notes Soton, United and Spurs as those that will give youth a chance.  Of those 3 teams this season:

Soton played Ward-Prowse from their academy

Spurs played Harry Winks 

United had Rashford 

Midweek, we had Yoyo against Wolves and no doubt, would have had Foden on the pitch if he wasn't overseas.

So Phil, maybe you will play the kids if you ever got a managerial job, but that will be down to your £500,000 pa budget in League One, not through choice.  Rolling Eyes
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:16 am

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:28 am

Jeans had a pop at Jon at the ends of motd when he said Calvert Lewis has played 7 games and got 0 goals. Neville still defended the lad.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:29 am

Phil has only been following Foden from the start of this season and he already, in just a few games, knows he’s ready for the first team!
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:55 am

Topdawg wrote:Phil has only been following Foden from the start of this season and he already, in just a few games, knows he’s ready for the first team!
I know....what makes me laugh, are all these journos and pundits already proclaiming he needs to be starting for City. He's only just turned 17 a few months ago...who would they suggest Pep puts on the bench for him to start - KDB? David Silva? Sane? Sterling?

He'll get game time this season. There's absolutely no rush. Let's say he plays and doesn't have a very good game, the same pundits will be claiming he's been over-hyped. 

Pep will nurture him and know when the time is right.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:26 am

Why is it these so called experts know next to sweet fa when it comes to managing a club. This is not the early 90's when clubs could bring thru a couple of academy kids & transfer fees were more realistic. The premier league was in its infancy. The global appeal has changed the face of football forever. It is about time these idiots realised that & stopped talking Bollocks.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:51 am

Just listening to TS with Jim White & Danny Murphy. What do you think they started their 10:00 show with?

Danny Murphy moaning about the fact that the England U17 players had their shirts turned around and claimed they probably thought more about getting their name out there, than showing the England badge.

You couldn't make it up! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:30 am

Oh fuck off and grow up. They are 17 yo kids for gawds sake.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:31 am

How many games has Phil Neville seen Foden actually play? Maybe the two pre season friendlies in the states and maybe 3-4 games on this tournament. So he’s basing his judgement on just a handful of games in friendlies and same age opponents
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:32 am

How many games has Phil Neville seen Foden actually play? Maybe the two pre season friendlies in the states and maybe 3-4 games on this tournament. So he’s basing his judgement on just a handful of games in friendlies and same age opponents
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:34 am

And all these know nowts arentnprobably fully aware that city are playing their kids above their age group to get better and more meaningful experience. 

And we’ve 5 kids at Girona and maybe 4 at NAC in Holland
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonchester Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:44 am

anybody else keep reading this title and trying to get it into the "I'm fucking Matt Damon" song  Surprised))
Moonchester
Moonchester
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:40 pm

I heard somebody on TV at the weekend, i forget who, defending City and saying that Barca had Messi on the bench until he was about 19 before he even got a start. Most of the well known big names never walked into the starting line up of a major European club side at 17 they were eased in with bench starts and bit parts.
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:43 pm

But because Shrek did it...and Michael fucking Owen....they go overboard with the whole 'youth failure' at clubs.

They go on about Soton, Spurs and United.....err, name me a 17 year old who has been integrated into their squads?

Harry Winks is 21 FFS and only just started getting regular games.

Rashford was 18, nearly 19 when he got his chance.

Ward-Prowse was 18, almost 19 when he made his PL debut against City.

So, why should we be pressured by these bellend pundits, to put Foden into our team when he's only just turned 17?
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:47 pm

How old was Itchy when he got his debut? It's not like we've never done it.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:52 pm

Itchy was 18 (according to Wikipedia) when he made his debut for city in a pre season friendly in the states. He had work permit issues and only made his league debut when he was 19. His first goal for City was when he was 19 years old (and the only other option was Wilfried Bony!)
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:18 pm

I was talking about PL debut's. Foden played against United in the pre-season friendly, aged 17 and 3 months.

He'll get a coupe of PL debuts this season....therefore, he will be 17. Micheal Owen was 18 years and 7 months when he made his PL debut.

Rooney was the exception at 16 year and 10 months...and he made his full International debut at 17.

Joe Cole was almost 18 when his made his debut...

So I'm really struggling to understand all this pressure that some journos are on about in him making his debut right now.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:33 pm

I fully expect Foden to get some minutes in the next round of the league cup. He may have already made his league and champions league debuts by then.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down