Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Duty of care to players EmptyToday at 11:34 am by skyblueoz

» So, it's another last day shoot out.
Duty of care to players EmptyToday at 10:57 am by skyblueoz

» Today's game
Duty of care to players EmptyYesterday at 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Duty of care to players EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Duty of care to players EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Duty of care to players EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Duty of care to players EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Duty of care to players EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Duty of care to players EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Duty of care to players EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Duty of care to players

+4
ManCityMan
blueboy
Strange Blue
Topdawg
8 posters

Go down

Duty of care to players Empty Duty of care to players

Post by Topdawg Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:32 pm

The referees, PGMOL and the Premier League have a duty of care towards football players.

Can you imagine what would happen if this continued acceptance (via non punishment or lenient punishment) ended up finishing the career of a young and highly valued player?

This could so easily end up in court. It's not a reasonable defence that it is a contact sport and sometimes accidents happen. Most of the horrendous 'tackles' we've seen recently have been well in excess of what should be accepted in any league outside WWE and cage fighting.

Let's go down the hypothetical (but very real) route of a court case.

Prosecution brief to player: So, Mr. Warnock asked that all the team go in 'hard' on opposition players and 'leave their mark' on them? "Let them know they're in a game" etc. So Mr Warnock encouraged you to 'leave your mark' on the opponents?

Prosecution brief to PGMOL/PL/referee: The rules clearly state that a player must be in control of himself when tackling making sure he does not use unreasonable force etc. (or whatever the wording is), yet you allowed a studs up tackle, at speed, into a young player's thigh to get away with a yellow card? Or you allowed someone, with no intention of getting the ball whatsoever, to scythe down an opponent who was travelling at great speed, just to prevent him from continuing the attack and having shot on goal? So, these tackles, although not allowed and punishable with a red card and 3 match ban, have been allowed to continue week after week without proper sanction? In effect, by not applying reasonable rules for such a long time you are, effectively, allowing such challenges to continue because the players understand that there is little chance of the strongest sanction against them? 

Or, the challenge was serious foul play, and worthy of an immediate red card and three match ban but, because the referee saw it at the time and incorrectly gave a yellow card, you didn't administer the fullest deserved sanction possible afterwards? 

You get the picture. 

Are we just waiting until a 22yo's career is curtailed by one of these overly crude, and outlawed, tackles? A young player that was purchased for, let's say, £100M and who would be earning £15M a year for at least the next 10 years. (Mbappe, for example, cost nearly £170M and has maybe 15 years at that salary ahead of him making it a £400M++ loss).

The game, whether it be the referee in charge, VAR, PGMOL, PL and clubs themselves, has a duty of care to players. Neglect that duty of care and you should be hit with the only sanctions that matter: prison time and/or huge financial penalties.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Duty of care to players Empty Re: Duty of care to players

Post by Strange Blue Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:46 pm

Did you write this Topdawg?
Strange Blue
Strange Blue
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:56 pm

Yes. I mentioned the duty of care recently but have thought this for a very very long time.

We have rules fir football matches which are, all too often, ignore or poorly interpreted and administered. 

How on earth is it possible for someone to get a 6 match ban for spitting whereas a career threatening deliberate scything down with studs up into the thigh/hip of an opponent only gets sanctioned with a yellow card? 

How can Bobbly 'bullshit' Mardely tell Kev that, because the disgusting hack at him missed due to him leaping out of the way, it deserved no more than a yellow? If it had caught him, he'd have most likely been badly injured. 

Just imagine the police.... well mr bank robber, you cut up the security guard quite badly but, because you only maimed him leaving him in a wheelchair for the rest of his life, rather than kill him, we'll let you off with a slap on the wrist!
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Strange Blue Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:58 pm

I cant disagree with what you said, but I was impressed by the writting thats why I asked. Thought it might be a copy and paste from another site.
Strange Blue
Strange Blue
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:00 pm

Strange Blue wrote:I cant disagree with what you said, but I was impressed by the writting thats why I asked. Thought it might be a copy and paste from another site.
In about 7 years, that's my 2nd article that someone thought was written well  Razz Razz Razz
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Strange Blue Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:02 pm

I think we need major reform to bring the rules into line with the CL. You never see these kind of takles go unpunished in Europe's elite competion. Dont think you see it as much in Europes other top leauges either.
Strange Blue
Strange Blue
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:07 pm

Bollocks...you didn't write that.  Razz Razz Razz
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:07 pm

There's quite a lot that players get away with early in a game such as kicking the ball away or preventing a quick free kick and the referee never gives a yellow card. Never.

I think that when a free kick has been given against a player/team, they need to retreat with immediate effect. They have absolutely no reason, other than to delay the free kick, to pick the ball up before 'kindly' throwing or kicking it towards an opponent (usually a poor pass delaying the taking of the free kick some more). Same with a throw in. Its not your so don't touch the ball. Don't walk away 10 years then toss it over the head of your opponent.

Don't retreat 10 yards after a free kick has been given against you, immediate yellow card.

Little things like this will actually speed the game up and grant the paying fan more game time.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:23 pm

I think the list of dangerous tackles that could have had serious repercussions for several City players apart from Sane's lengthy lay off were serious foul play and deserved red cards rather than yellows. However, playing devil's advocate here for a minute, some critics have said that Pep should dry his eyes, it's a man's game and that others teams also get similar tackles on their players. It's also been pointed out that Fernandinho and David Silva have been guilty of 'naughty' dangerous tackles in recent games, comments?
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:28 pm

All bad tackles should be punished the same. It doesn't matter whether `City players committed them or not. Treat everyone the same.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:07 pm

Goes without saying, but Pep is the only managertgst has spoken out and put himself and the club in the firing line. I would argue that Silva only warranted a yellow as it was hardly a career ending incident and I’m not convinced Ferdy’s was intentional.
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonchester Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:58 pm

I think Ferdy left his boot there, so could have avoided it, but didn't stamp down. really should have been a yellow. In Europe it would be a red for that.

Silva was injured when (the player crashed into his side, which had him off balance when he took the player out) so yellow maybe fair, I wouldn't lay any blame in particular on him.
Moonchester
Moonchester
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:14 pm

There's no excuse for intentional bad tackles whether they are City players or from other teams.  Harry Kane's awful tackle together with Alli's tackle during the Spuds game were both red cards.  Like someone said earlier if you can get a 6 game ban for spitting - then where's the justice for these season ending tackles.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:16 am

pissed me off when Andy gray stated all of city's current players on the injury list. He then went on to say that only Sane has been injured through a wreckless tackle so there fore Pep is maybe over exaggerating the point. So what, the answer is until someone is maimed from a bad tackle we just have to accept it. ??????? Instead of trying to ensure it doesn't happen in the 1st place.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by titbumwilly Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:14 am

I don't often agree with Joseph Barton, but he was spot on when he said that it is ridiculous that being spat on is worse than having some thug threaten your career with an attempted leg break.
As he pointed out, yes being spat on is disgusting, but you can wipe it off and carry on. If somebody breaks your leg you can't.
These sort of assaults have always happened, but never to the degree that we are being subjected to recently.
It is quite obvious that a lot of teams now are being told to use violence as a 'tactic', that neanderthal Warnock all but admitted it.
It really is just a matter of time, with the money now involved, that a lawsuit will be issued.
titbumwilly
titbumwilly
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:30 am

It’s the clubs that need to put more pressure on the PL and PGMOL etc. Can you imagine what a player might do if a deliberate lousy late tackle at the knee meant he missed the FA cup final, the CL cup final and the World Cup in his home country???

If I was the player, I’d be sticking in a claim for £100M against the player, manager, club, PGMOL, PL, PFA and anyone else I could think of. Throw Danny Murphy under the train too.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down