Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Friday Gossip EmptyYesterday at 8:43 pm by Wensdi

» Pep’s at it again
Friday Gossip EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Friday Gossip EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Friday Gossip EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Friday Gossip EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Friday Gossip EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Friday Gossip EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Friday Gossip EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Friday Gossip EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Friday Gossip EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Friday Gossip

Go down

Friday Gossip Empty Friday Gossip

Post by lee1pen Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:02 am

Fri 30 Sep 2011, 8:30AM
Posted by Peter Ferguson

The next phase of the Carlos Tevez story is here. Who would be the man to replace the former skipper in City's squad? Surprisingly, there is a consensus for once.

Robin van Persie, a proven Premier League goalscorer with some intrigue surrounding his future, is nominated by the north-west pack. The fact that he plays for Arsenal probably clinched it.

As Ian Herbert puts it in The Independent: "City are ready to return to Arsenal – the club whose manager, Arsène Wenger, has been subjected to more approaches from the Abu Dhabi owners than any other – with Robin van Persie a possible recruit next summer when the gap soon to be left by Carlos Tevez is eventually filled."

Always short and sharp, the Indy. Anyway, Herbs reckons: "City appear to be in no hurry to prepare an immediate replacement for Tevez in the probable circumstances of his departure for a fee the club feel may dip to below £20m and it is impossible to make any firm predictions four months away from the next window."

Oh. No, wait, listen: "But the idea of adding Van Persie to a side already including Samir Nasri and Kolo Touré – former Wenger employees – is one that intrigues Mancini. An approach for a player likely to cost the club £30m is unlikely to be made in the January transfer window but the prospect remains a dreadful one for Wenger, who could find himself in a repeat of this summer's futile battle to retain Nasri."

The Indy man discusses Uefa's financial fair play rules before concluding that "a move for 28-year-old van Persie would suggest that City remain confident of meeting the break-even requirement."

<BLOCKQUOTE>

He adds that Van Persie has had offers to leave before, signing a new deal in 2009 despite Juve, Inter and Chelsea all showing interest

</BLOCKQUOTE>
So why would he go now, Herbs? "The Dutchman has won just one trophy at Arsenal, the FA Cup in 2005. Asked if he could give fans any encouragement that his long-term future is at Arsenal, he said two weeks ago: "I don't know ... I can't look into the future."

Fair enough.

The website's exclusive interview with Edin Dzeko, who has apologised for his strop at being subbed in Munich on Tuesday, predictably makes very other website on planet football.

ESPN.com pick up the choicest quotes, as do countless other sites, and of course, they're welcome.

Former Bundesliga star Edin tells them, sorry, us: "I know my reaction (to being taken off) was bad. I have spoken to the guys and to the coach as well.

"I have apologised for the reaction and Roberto has accepted it and said that everything is OK and that we have to be positive for the next game.

"I was unhappy because we were 2-0 down and I wanted to win. It was something special for me to go back to Germany. I wanted to do well and wanted the team to do well ... I was extra frustrated."

Exclusive to all websites, as Private Eye would say ...
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down