Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
On a more positive note of discussion - David Silva EmptyYesterday at 3:56 pm by skyblueoz

» So, it's another last day shoot out.
On a more positive note of discussion - David Silva EmptyFri May 17, 2024 5:36 pm by Topdawg

» Today's game
On a more positive note of discussion - David Silva EmptyThu May 16, 2024 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
On a more positive note of discussion - David Silva EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
On a more positive note of discussion - David Silva EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
On a more positive note of discussion - David Silva EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
On a more positive note of discussion - David Silva EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
On a more positive note of discussion - David Silva EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
On a more positive note of discussion - David Silva EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
On a more positive note of discussion - David Silva EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

On a more positive note of discussion - David Silva

5 posters

Go down

On a more positive note of discussion - David Silva Empty On a more positive note of discussion - David Silva

Post by blueboy Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:46 pm

Barclay's Player of The Month for September.

Question - Is There a Better Play-maker in The World Right Now on Current Form Than David Silva?

Discuss.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

On a more positive note of discussion - David Silva Empty Re: On a more positive note of discussion - David Silva

Post by lee1pen Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:49 pm

In the world is a big offering as I know nothing of S America or Africa but in Europe, he's probably in the top 5 at the moment.
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

On a more positive note of discussion - David Silva Empty Re: On a more positive note of discussion - David Silva

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:51 pm

But isn't automatic for Spain?
Probably the best player I've ever seen
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:58 pm

Paul, was Kinky not up there in the Silva league (he was good)?
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:02 pm

I don't think he was in the same class.Ali Bernarbia in his heyday would have been useful but I think the standard of the league kinky was doing it in is well short of the prem standard now
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by lee1pen Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:05 pm

KInky was far to selfish to be a playmaker, gifted as hell but too selfish by half
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:08 pm

Yeah Lee - I know what you are saying, but let's turn it around and say that IF there was a player out there, as good as Silva in his position, would he still be in that league - or already at one of the top clubs in Europe?

For me - if he had the goals of Messi, he would be on a par - that's the only thing stopping him being recognised in the same breath as Messi, Iniesta, Xavi or Ronaldo - and they're not all classic play-makers.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:22 pm

Yeah, i have to agree fellas. Kinky did do most things for himself and not necessarily the team, but he was still a class and a great player to watch.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:37 pm

Don't suppose kinky had too many agueros and yayas to play off though so no surprise he didn't bother passing too much
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:53 pm

Hey - KINKY was pure selfish class.........City legend, but he was a different player to Silva - more a .......yes, I'm going to say it - Messi, albeit not as good, but class all the same. Anyway, the game has moved on and the teams are fitter than ever, even 10-15 years later, so I hate making comparisons against older players.

What about now?
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by King JHDI Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:15 pm

If Kinky did not score that goal I doubt he would be rembered now.Even Ali Bee or Berkovic were in a diffrent league to him.Next I will be seeing a thread asking if Goater was better than Dzeko.grrr.
King JHDI
King JHDI
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:21 pm

King JHDI wrote:If Kinky did not score that goal I doubt he would be rembered now.Even Ali Bee or Berkovic were in a diffrent league to him.Next I will be seeing a thread asking if Goater was better than Dzeko.grrr.

Berkovic was shit.............and if you read what i said, I cannot compare players of the past against players these days.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:22 pm

Sleep
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by lee1pen Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:08 am

Kinky was the same at Derby though, it wasnt who he played with it was how he played.

Goater was better than Dzeko in that every time he moved up a division he improved. Dzeko has yet to show consistently that he can do that.
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down