Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Sane to Bayern? EmptyYesterday at 8:43 pm by Wensdi

» Pep’s at it again
Sane to Bayern? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Sane to Bayern? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Sane to Bayern? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Sane to Bayern? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Sane to Bayern? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Sane to Bayern? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Sane to Bayern? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Sane to Bayern? EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Sane to Bayern? EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Sane to Bayern?

+2
Moonchester
TMG
6 posters

Go down

Sane to Bayern? Empty Sane to Bayern?

Post by TMG Tue May 21, 2019 10:01 am

Hope it's just gossip but it wouldn't surprise me if he does go back to his homeland especially as Pep doesn't seem to rate him as highly as others.
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Sane to Bayern? Empty Re: Sane to Bayern?

Post by Moonchester Tue May 21, 2019 10:42 am

From Leroy's point of view, if he gets the chance to play for Bayern, being German, and they have just offed their 2 mainstay wingers... 

he's pretty much going to be a starter above all else,, will get a decent wage, will get first nod for the national team if he's winning the bundesliege..

basically, if they want him, they will have to pay, and can't see us stopping him from going...

Would like for it to be load of codswallop, but this has been running for a few days now.
Moonchester
Moonchester
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonchester Tue May 21, 2019 10:44 am

if we do get say £85m for Sane, and we maybe sell Mahrez for £40m+ if possible, we have the cash and wages then to go for Mbappe...?
Moonchester
Moonchester
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue May 21, 2019 5:25 pm

Moony, where have you been? Pep said Mahrez is going nowhere.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonchester Tue May 21, 2019 9:41 pm

well of course he is going to say he wants him sold isn't he..  Surprised)
Moonchester
Moonchester
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 23, 2019 10:26 am

No way we will get rid of 2 left footed wingers, I think Mahrez will come good, we said the same about Bernado and look what happened there.

Back to top Go down

Post by titbumwilly Thu May 23, 2019 5:29 pm

I agree about Mahrez, both Raheem and Bernardo took a while to settle and both came good under Pep. Mahrez will certainly improve season on season with his guidance.
He looks like a confidence player, and getting the goal against Brighton and positive reviews in the cup final will certainly bolster him. I don't think he fully got over the penalty miss against the (self-proclaimed) best team in the league. The thought of that maybe costing us the league must've been in the back of his mind all season
titbumwilly
titbumwilly
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonchester Thu May 23, 2019 10:29 pm

I'm still on the fence for Mahrez... part of me wants him to become the flair, dribbling, shooting wizard he was at Leicester.
But another part of me agrees with Andy and others whose stance is more that he hasn't got the footballing brain to fit into our system.

One thing is for sure, he delights and frustrates in equal measure so far.. time will tell which way the scales will tip.
Moonchester
Moonchester
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 24, 2019 11:06 am

I think the Brighton goal saved his city career, TBW is right he never recovered from the dippers pen and that should do wonders.

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri May 24, 2019 3:16 pm

Strong rumours that Bayern have opened the bidding at €80M with City wanting nearer to €100M. He's a very good player, with the potential to be one of the best in the world, but his attitude isn't all there. 

If we can get over £100M, let him go.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Nijinsky Fri May 24, 2019 10:06 pm

Because of all the crap they have said about us I'd tell them to foxtrot oscar
Nijinsky
Nijinsky
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat May 25, 2019 9:27 am

I think it's really important to resolve the situation with Sane as soon as possible. 

If he wants to go, we get as much as possible - however, I don't think we'll get £100m for him. Here's just my thoughts;

Sane, his representatives etc want the move. Bayern want the player. Pep seems to resigned to losing him. Now, Bayern have just spent over £100m on Hernandez and Pavard - both signings were significantly more than they've generally paid in the past.
You may say "who gives a shit about Bayern?"....but, if the player is determined to go, City will have two options:
1. Hold out for £100-120m
2. Settle for around £80-90m which City may believe is realistic - a profit of around £50m on the player.

It's really important this situation gets resolved, because our transfer strategy may be dependant on what happens with Sane. With another £80-90m in the bank, our transfer targets could easily change around.

All rumours, but for example - instead of Maguire, Rodri and cover at LB (let's just say £160m)...City may need another wide player/striker - and therefore, the transfer strategy may switch to Joao Felix (£110m), Bruno Fernandes (£50m) and Rodri (£60m) = £220m; and try to convince Otamendi to stay (knowing Fernandinho could support at CB, alongside Stones and Laporte) for another season. Eric Garcia may then have played more games and IF there is a CL ban the following season, we would still have Jan 2020 window to re-enforce the squad. 

Now, City could just say £130m or nothing - but they will have to stand firm with a date for a decision, otherwise, we could end up with Bayern holding out until the end of the window and that buggers up our plans. 

Just my thoughts, but I think the Sane situation is very important.

For me, I'd get rid. Something isn't right between him and Pep or he simply wants out, or being influenced by his much older GF. We don't want anyone at the club who doesn't want to be here.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titbumwilly Sat May 25, 2019 10:24 am

That final line says it all for me: if he doesn't want to be here, let him go. We are no longer in a position where we have to accommodate players and their agents if they are not happy.
If he's not happy at the end of a season like this one, then he's never going to be.
I'd be happy with a 50m profit! Get the deal done and show we're now in command of who goes and who stays. It will send a message that nobody is irreplaceable if they want out.
titbumwilly
titbumwilly
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonchester Sat May 25, 2019 4:03 pm

I'd start at £140....   will meet at £100 to sell..,  (if he wants to go).....
Moonchester
Moonchester
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun May 26, 2019 9:34 am

Moonchester wrote:I'd start at £140....   will meet at £100 to sell..,  (if he wants to go).....
The problem with that Moon, as I said above; is that this could drag the transfer process out all summer. We need to resolve this situation quickly.

Sane is believed to be in talks with City about a new contract extension - however, you'd have to ask why it's taken 12 months to do this.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun May 26, 2019 12:32 pm

Maybe his advisors are hoping g that, by pushing City to the brink, they can get the deal they want. I'm sure Bayern would pay him a very handsome signing on bonus and big wages too. 

Sometimes, the agents/advisors don't have the player's best interest at heart. I've no doubt that he'd earn over £50M in the next 5 years if he stayed at City just from wages, bonuses, image rights etc. and probably tons more from endorsements and sponsorship.

Isn't that enough?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonchester Sun May 26, 2019 2:00 pm

but look a the bigger pic, he missed out on a world cup because he was playing for City,,, (part of the reason?)

if he's running the wing for bayern, there is no way he wouldn't make the Germany squad..
Moonchester
Moonchester
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon May 27, 2019 5:12 pm

Moonchester wrote:but look a the bigger pic, he missed out on a world cup because he was playing for City,,, (part of the reason?)

if he's running the wing for bayern, there is no way he wouldn't make the Germany squad..
He had his BEST season ever last season - and missed out on the WC. How does playing for City effect his chances of getting into a WC squad?

Rudiger plays for CFC
Ozil for AFC
Kroos for Real
Gundogan for City
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down