Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Thursday Gossip EmptyToday at 11:22 am by TMG

» Pep’s at it again
Thursday Gossip EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Thursday Gossip EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Thursday Gossip EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Thursday Gossip EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Thursday Gossip EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Thursday Gossip EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Thursday Gossip EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Thursday Gossip EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Thursday Gossip EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Thursday Gossip

2 posters

Go down

Thursday Gossip Empty Thursday Gossip

Post by lee1pen Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:16 am

Thu 06 Oct 2011, 8:40AM
Posted by Tim Oscroft

It’s hard to comprehend, but it is nearly six years since Micah Richards made his City debut, as a late substitute in our last ever visit to Highbury, and his “veteran” status is a cornerstone to an excellent interview he gives in today’s Guardian.

From that day he’s gone from strength to strength (although he should have scored an equaliser – I was there! – Ed.) even if his small tally of England caps remains a mystery.

But in a wide-ranging chat with Paul Hayward, Micah reflects on how far both he and the club have come in that time. The whole piece is recommended, but here’s a quick taster:

“Mostly quiet in his time at City, Richards now seems keen to be heard – not to agitate for an England place (he is much too sharp for that) but to assert himself as a senior figure. "When Mancini took over it was a hard place to be because with all the money the owners brought in you didn't know whether you were going to be part of his plans," he says. "He's improved my game a lot. He always tells me: 'If you're 100% you can be the best.' When a manager's telling you that, you believe him. He had all the money to spend and could have gone out and bought a right-back but he has me and Pablo Zabaleta – we share it out. He's stuck with me."”

The long wait for an international fixture this week means that players are put before the press to fill the gap, and James Milner is the next to front up, giving an interesting assessment of the notion that players are tired by too much football these days to The Sun:

“Milner does not take any comfort from the fact he could be one of the freshest players in the England squad going to next year's European Championships if he continues to play second fiddle to David Silva at City.

He said: "Hopefully I will have played a lot of games by the end of the season. If you're playing every game, doing well and winning trophies then you don't feel tired. When you're winning you don't notice the fatigue.

"But then you lose one game and suddenly you feel as tired as you've ever been. On the other hand, if you're not playing so much you might be fresher."

Away from the internationals, the Star reports that Owen Hargreaves is in the mix for the Aston Villa game: “It will be the first time the midfielder has been involved in a league game since making his shock move from Manchester United.

“Mancini organised a private game for Hargreaves last month to help build up his match fitness. The former England man then marked his City debut with a goal in the Carling Cup win over Birmingham.

“Starsport understands Mancini has organised two more private games for Hargreaves, who has not completed a full competitive match since 2008.”
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Thursday Gossip Empty Re: Thursday Gossip

Post by Bewar3them00n Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:50 pm

Micah has come on in leaps since mancini took over, he and Gael down the wings have been fantastic most of the time.

I'd like to see Owen and Nige doing the hunting in pack thing for us in midfield, once Owen id 100% he will be a potent destructive force and holding midfielder, who has an eye for a goal if need be, I'd love it if he came on to score the winner in the next derby... after M.Owen, and Rooney's sucker punch winners in recent years, it's time for City to return the favour!
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down