Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Not winning the league today EmptyYesterday at 8:56 pm by Wensdi

» Today's game
Not winning the league today EmptyYesterday at 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Not winning the league today EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Not winning the league today EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Not winning the league today EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Not winning the league today EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Not winning the league today EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Not winning the league today EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Not winning the league today EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Not winning the league today EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Not winning the league today

5 posters

Go down

Not winning the league today Empty Not winning the league today

Post by leopold Sun May 02, 2021 6:03 pm

So this was it, the moment of truth: Would the dippers break their Old Toilet hoodoo and beat the rags in their own back yard, thus handing us the league?  Or would the rags hold out for another week on the off-chance we'd bottle it?  It's a game neither side would want to play: The rags know that winning would piss the dippers off by thwarting their European chances, but let them hang onto the PL trophy for another week, and the dippers know that a win would piss the rags off by scuppering their chances of winning the league entirely, but meaning they'd have to let go of the trophy as a result.  Either way, it's about the only fixture this season that we City fans would care about that doesn't actually involve us kicking a ball.

I expected a draw, even though that doesn't really help either of them achieve their objectives.

It turns out there's a fourth option which I hadn't considered.  Let a bunch of rag fans into the stadium before kick-off to raise hell in protest of the Glazers, which means neither of them would be helping each other and neither would they be helping us.  The result being we're now forced to make this happen next weekend against Chelsea, something I'm not so sure we'd achieve after the FA Cup showing.

Call me Mr. Cynical, but I do find it rather suspicious that a Premier League ground - usually absolute fortresses - should be breached so easily just hours before a huge game with ramifications for both sides depending on the result.  I don't believe for a millisecond that this wasn't done without the help of some security guards all simultaneously looking the other way just long enough to allow 200 people, complete with banners and flares, to waltz into the ground.  There should be an investigation, followed by a fine and a points deduction, and then a swift visit to Liverpool to collect our trophy!
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Not winning the league today Empty Re: Not winning the league today

Post by titbumwilly Sun May 02, 2021 6:24 pm

What pisses me off is Rat Boy trying to turn this into a heroic stand against the ESL. It’s a disgusting, illegal action by a bunch of covid rule breakers. There are still people dying on their own, weddings being limited and funerals being scaled down, and yet Neville, Keane and Carragher are defending this rabble because they are ‘passionate’ about a game. I would like to think that everyone inside that shit hole today are given a £10,000 covid fine, if not I would expect everyone that has been fined up til now are considering an appeal.
It is a bloody game and does not warrant that behaviour.
titbumwilly
titbumwilly
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Sun May 02, 2021 11:11 pm

We've got PSG coming up and if we do well on Tuesday, it bodes well for us for the league title - yes!!

Better than poor old Owls.  On life support for relegation now.  One game to play - they have to beat Derby in the last match - and Rotherham and Wycombe both have to draw or lose.  Shit - the odds are awful.  'Fraid its tier 3 for them next season.  They got docked points to begin the season as they did something after asking permission to do it first, and then promptly got penalized for it.  Their manager has COVID and they don't have any money.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Mon May 03, 2021 11:29 am

Don't Rotherham have a game in hand as well?
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon May 03, 2021 11:59 am

It's sad news about the Owls. They shouldn't be in this position at all. When I lived in Sheffield, I developed an affinity for them, mainly because the alternative play in red and are called United - urgh! I hope things pick up soon.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Mon May 03, 2021 4:26 pm

Good spot Oz. Yes Luton Town tomorrow.  Didn't notice that when I looked at the table.  Shit - even worse odds now.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Tue May 04, 2021 12:39 am

SORRY!!!
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Wed May 05, 2021 10:54 am

leopold wrote:It's sad news about the Owls. They shouldn't be in this position at all. When I lived in Sheffield, I developed an affinity for them, mainly because the alternative play in red and are called United - urgh!  I hope things pick up soon.
The table doesn't lie though Leo, they''re in that position for a reason.
Their off field problems have obviously contributed massively to the predicament - maybe a successful season in League 1 might just be what they need to turn things around.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by titbumwilly Thu May 06, 2021 12:46 am

As we know, dropping into the third tier doesn’t necessarily mean the end of your club!
I can’t stand the red side of Sheffield, they’re such a scruffy little club.
titbumwilly
titbumwilly
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Thu May 06, 2021 3:24 am

Their off field problems weren't caused by the players nor the fans.  None of the fans support the owner who has made a huge balls up for the club.  He's sacked two managers who didn't turn the club's fortunes around in a few weeks of their tenure.  I liken him to the Cardiff City owner who made the team wear red strips instead of their blue strips - they were always Bluebirds not effing redbirds.  He learned his lesson when the fans boycotted the games and he lost revenues.  Unfortunately the fans can't boycott the matches as there has been a pandemic and so there aren't any gate revenues and no fans at any games.  
This guy is a joke.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Sun May 09, 2021 6:58 am

sorry about the relegation wensdi. sometimes though it could just be a blessing in disguise find your feet and strengthen. Come back much stronger.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Sun May 09, 2021 5:59 pm

...........or else languishing in the wilderness for years.  Thanks anyway Oz.

It was so close - they just had to win and were winning 2-3 for a while.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down