Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Champions League super league? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 3:57 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Champions League super league? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Champions League super league? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Champions League super league? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Champions League super league? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Champions League super league? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Champions League super league? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Champions League super league? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Champions League super league? EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Champions League super league? EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

Top posting users this month
No user

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Champions League super league?

+2
titbumwilly
Topdawg
6 posters

Go down

Champions League super league? Empty Champions League super league?

Post by Topdawg Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:52 pm

I've not looked at all the proposals, but it seems like only the Champions will be guaranteed entry and other places by a co-efficient taken over a 3 yr period from 20/21 to 22/23. UEFA normal look at a 5 yr co-efficient and that 3 years just so happen to cover the two year period of City's ban (if it is upheld). 

Time to walk away.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Champions League super league? Empty Re: Champions League super league?

Post by titbumwilly Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:56 am

Walk away from football or the Champions League?
titbumwilly
titbumwilly
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:38 am

First they tried to protect their elite clubs by introducing FFP, that's caused nothing but trouble for them...now this.
UEFA are nothing but fucking scumbags....hopefully this ludicrous idea will make them fall flat on their greedy corrupt faces. If not, I really really hope City tell them to fuck right off.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:03 am

titbumwilly wrote:Walk away from football or the Champions League?
CL for starters. 

It might just be that I'm pissed off with the PL and CL right now and it's come to a head. Might feel differently in a few months but I just can't be arsed with them stiffing us time and time again.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titbumwilly Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:51 am

I’ve always been completely cold to the champions league, it is such a rigged event.
I really wouldn’t give a toss if we told them to shove it.
Over the past couple of years I’ve come more and more round to the idea of a breakaway European league, completely independent of UEFA, just to put the final financial nail in their coffin.
Really fallen out of love with the game at present, just as I know many other people are too.
titbumwilly
titbumwilly
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:54 am

The problem with a breakaway Euro super league will be that (most likely) the players won't be able to play international football anymore. They won't be able to transfer to clubs outside this league.

But it can work if enough money is thrown at it. Also the problem that you'd need the biggest European clubs involved and they are just snakes and ready to stab anyone on the back so they can make more money.

It would need very deep pockets because the tv deals are with so many billions. Just in England, BT paid £1.2B for CL/EL rights. Add all the other tv deals around Europe and you might be looking at £6-£7B over 3 years,.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:21 pm

Is anybody arsed though?  Football has a big problem, I mean they are now talking about Free to Air when the matches resume.  If that doesn't show you how worried they are I don't know what will.

Just give it to the Dippers with that * against their title and pack it away until it is safe, it is the only solution.

Neutral venues and games every few days to get it completed, what a joke.   I certainly won't be watching.

I will own up to something here, I've watched 1 half of football all season, after the vitriol from the clans at the end of last season I just stopped enjoying it.  I haven't been this season and its probably the first time in 20 years I can say that.  I am almost done.

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:00 pm

I think we are all going through lock down cabin fever. Hope everyone and their families and friends are doing ok.
This combined with a disappointing league campaign before it was prematurely stopped, has put most City fans in a state of depression. The ongoing vendetta against our club by UEFA, supported by our fellow PL clubs has added to that depression and left us all with a bad taste in our mouths regarding football.
All we can do is wait and see how it all pans out, including the outcome of the Appeal against the European ban before making any drastic decisions .

Its clear that we are surrounded both home and abroad by those that would love nothing better than to see our club crash and burn, why? What have we done that is anywhere near as bad as the historical cheating of clubs in La Liga and Serie A? Also the mass spending unshackled over many years of mega clubs like Barca, RM, Juventus, Man U, Chelsea etc etc yet we are judgeg as cheats for trying to compete with our owners own money and we carry NO debt unlike most of the aforementioned?

Lets see what happens, stay safe all!

Steve
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Fri May 01, 2020 10:38 am

well said steve. the trouble with all this lockdown is that the cas hearing is also suspended which means we cant even appeal the ban whilst our case is to be heard. I just hope it is not too late in regards of all leagues just finishing now and places just handed out ala French league. If no result in our favour comes from cas we should take it to the high court as this in itself will virtually skint UEFA. which then could see its demise or a totally new set up be put in place.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Fri May 01, 2020 4:52 pm

I’d be quite happy not being in the champions league
Really don’t care for the competition
However I don’t think the owners view it the same way even though they are treated like utter shite
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Fri May 08, 2020 6:06 pm

Be interesting to see if the Saudis are treated with the same contempt if the Newcastle deal goes through, their human rights record is far worse that that of the UAE
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down