Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Thursday Gossip EmptyYesterday at 11:22 am by TMG

» Pep’s at it again
Thursday Gossip EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Thursday Gossip EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Thursday Gossip EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Thursday Gossip EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Thursday Gossip EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Thursday Gossip EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Thursday Gossip EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Thursday Gossip EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Thursday Gossip EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Thursday Gossip

2 posters

Go down

Thursday Gossip Empty Thursday Gossip

Post by lee1pen Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:18 am

Thu 27 Oct 2011, 8:49AM
Posted by Peter Ferguson

Edin Dzeko didn't come cheap, and he showed why once again with two goals in the 5-2 savaging of Wolves at Molineux, yet he spearheaded City's reserves according to the reports.

It's easy to see why, after a wholesale re-shuffle from Old Trafford: "City were all-change but still all-conquering as Dzeko led this romp into the Carling Cup quarter-finals," says The Sun.

And the back page of the Mail has Bosnia striker Dzeko and full-back Aleks Kolarov celebrating success next to the headline: "Even City's second string are five-star performers".

As Mail corrrespondent Janine Self concedes in her despatch: "It seems churlish to use the word ‘reserve’ when referring to the likes to Dzeko, Samir Nasri, captain Kolo Toure and Nigel de Jong.

"Yet, such is the strength in depth available, none were deemed good enough to start against United."

Well, Roberto Mancini's target - like other top bosses - is to chase all four competitions in which City are entered, and the same players cannot hit top level every match. Teams must change.

What doesn't change is Mancini's ability as a manager, according to Gianluca Vialli, the former Chelsea boss whose interview with Talksport is picked up by tribalfootball.com.

They report that "Vialli feels Mancini will lead Manchester City to the Premier League title" and believes "it's only a mattter of time".

Vialli reckons: "He is one of the best [managers]. He’s likely to win the championship if not this year, next year, with Manchester City.

“He’s a bit underestimated. I remember people asking why Man City didn’t go for someone with a proven track record and the guy had just won three Italian championships, with Inter Milan winning 17 games in a row.

<BLOCKQUOTE>

Roberto is very good at managing big-name players

</BLOCKQUOTE>
"He doesn't care about what they do, or what they think, he just picks whatever team he thinks is the best."

Back at Molineux, Wolves boss and former City defender Mick McCarthy couldn't fault his players' performance against the Blues' so-called Second XI.

Goal.com quote him: “I’m certainly not down by the way we played. I’m not sure we expected to turn Man city over. But we had a right good go. We didn’t do anything wrong tonight.

"It was a fabulous finish the first one. Second one, Samir Nasri got inside of Matt Doherty, but I thought he [Doherty] was great. There were some good performances from my players.”

Second string? Maybe. But definitely not second best.
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Thursday Gossip Empty Re: Thursday Gossip

Post by Wensdi Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:52 pm

Think Dzeko looks clumsy sometimes - and has not been great one on one - particularly last night. He was brilliant against the Spuds and I really like the guy - hope he becomes more consistent.Very Happy
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by lee1pen Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:15 pm

Whisper it quietly Wensdi but he reminds me of Barty at times. Wonder what game it will be when we play stoke and they both play Smile
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down