Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Tuesday gossip EmptyYesterday at 8:56 pm by Wensdi

» Today's game
Tuesday gossip EmptyYesterday at 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Tuesday gossip EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Tuesday gossip EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Tuesday gossip EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Tuesday gossip EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Tuesday gossip EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Tuesday gossip EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Tuesday gossip EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Tuesday gossip EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Tuesday gossip

2 posters

Go down

Tuesday gossip Empty Tuesday gossip

Post by lee1pen Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:10 am

Tue 08 Nov 2011, 8:42AM
Posted by Tim Oscroft

Regular WTMS readers know how we love to read a good "blast" every now and then, and we're delighted to be able to report a goodie this morning.

Micah Richards' omission from the England squad rated many a mention on Monday, and as it's a good story and there's no actual football to report on, it continues today.

Yaya Toure has been publicising the African Cup of Nations and was understandably quizzed over his City team mate's non-selection. His response is everywhere, but you can't beat the UK newspapers for summing things up neatly, so kudos to the Daily Star for their headline "Yaya blasts Micah England snub".

"Blast" and "snub" in the headline - lovely stuff. And here's Paul Brown's version of what the Ivorian had to say:

"YAYA TOURE last night slammed Fabio Capello for snubbing his Manchester City team-mate Micah Richards.

"Richards has been left out of the England squad to face Spain and Sweden at Wembley, with Glen Johnson and Kyle Walker fighting it out for the right-back slot.

"But Toure claims 23-year-old Richards has a right to feel hard done by after his outstanding start to the season.

"Toure said: "At the moment he is the best right-back in the Premier League.

"Micah Richards is fantastic. He plays very well. I am very happy with what he is doing. He is a really fantastic right-back. I was surprised he was left out because I thought he would be part of the team." In black and white, the words don't have that much venom but that's how it goes.

Over at the Daily Mail, Ian Ladyman leads an assessment of the Micah story that's well worth a look, and which begins with:

"Micah Richards must have suspected the writing was on the wall when Fabio Capello took him to Montenegro last month but played a central defender at right back.

"While Manchester United's Phil Jones was handed his England debut in a foreign position, Richards sat in the stands.

"Since that evening, Richards has played in four Barclays Premier League games for Manchester City. All have been won. One of them - the 6-1 dismantling of United at Old Trafford - saw the 23-year-old nominated by many as man of the match.

"This week, however, Richards is at home while Capello prepares a squad for friendlies against Spain and Sweden. It is fair to say that as his club form continues on a sharp upward trajectory, his chances of playing in Euro 2012 are receding."

But the nature of the internet age also comes into play here, as Tribal Football has made two stories out the Mail's original. They are unbelievably slight - one about how Roberto Mancini wanted to keep the defender here, the other abouthow David Platt is working on his attacking play.
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Tuesday gossip Empty Re: Tuesday gossip

Post by shakencity Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:25 am

As i said yesterday

"Crapello is a complete and utter prick, the sooner he goes the better"
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero