Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Wednesday (Wensdi) Gossip EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 3:57 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Wednesday (Wensdi) Gossip EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Wednesday (Wensdi) Gossip EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Wednesday (Wensdi) Gossip EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Wednesday (Wensdi) Gossip EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Wednesday (Wensdi) Gossip EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Wednesday (Wensdi) Gossip EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Wednesday (Wensdi) Gossip EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Wednesday (Wensdi) Gossip EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Wednesday (Wensdi) Gossip EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

Top posting users this month
No user

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Wednesday (Wensdi) Gossip

Go down

Wednesday (Wensdi) Gossip Empty Wednesday (Wensdi) Gossip

Post by lee1pen Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:07 am

Wed 16 Nov 2011, 8:40AM
Posted by Peter Ferguson

It used to be that Roberto Mancini was the Italian who made news with what he wore. But that was before he signed a certain striker from fashion capital Milan ...

Did Mario decide that he just didn't like the new Azzurri shirt in last night's friendly against Uruguay? Hard to tell really, but his shirt tale certainly amuses Yahoo.com's columnist.

Brooks Peck (Crazy name, crazy guy?) writes: "For unknown reasons that can only be explained as 'Mario Balotelli,' the striker appeared for the second half wearing Italy's old shirt after he had already been wearing the new one in the first half.

"Mario played five minutes in the old shirt before he was booked for a mid-air collision with Diego Perez and told to go change by the ref. Balotelli did so and even apologized to Perez for the collision.

"I like to think Mario's shirt mix-up was something he did purposefully as a comment on the ridiculous frequency with which new kits are unveiled and sold to loyal fans.

"After Italy lost the match 1-0, Mario expressed his non-fashion related frustration. From Football Italia: 'I am angry with myself, the ball didn't want to go in the net.

"'We're going to Poland and Ukraine to win, otherwise it's the end of the world!' Consider that a warning."

Over at tribalfootball.com, one headline reads "Napoli's Cavani: Balotelli's just like me!" Wishful thinking, surely?

Their story quotes the Napoli ace, due to face City in next week's Champions League tie: “City boss Roberto Mancini asks of Balotelli what I am asked to do at Napoli.

<BLOCKQUOTE>

I am similar to Balotelli. We are modern strikers and I think Italian football is similar to English football

</BLOCKQUOTE>
Meanwhile, in other City striker news, goal.com brings us Sergio Aguero's reaction after his late winning goal in Colombia lifts Argentine spirits.

They quote Kun: "Today we begin a new stage. We must go slowly, but we gained a very important victory in the heat and humidity.

"In the first half we played well, but in the second, with my introduction, we attacked further. We have plenty of quality, but it was also important for us to fight back and show our attitude."
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down