Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
AJ signs new contract - to 2015 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 3:57 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
AJ signs new contract - to 2015 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
AJ signs new contract - to 2015 EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
AJ signs new contract - to 2015 EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
AJ signs new contract - to 2015 EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
AJ signs new contract - to 2015 EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
AJ signs new contract - to 2015 EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
AJ signs new contract - to 2015 EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
AJ signs new contract - to 2015 EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
AJ signs new contract - to 2015 EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

Top posting users this month
No user

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

AJ signs new contract - to 2015

+4
coolenglishbob
gratedbean
Wensdi
blueboy
8 posters

Go down

AJ signs new contract - to 2015 Empty AJ signs new contract - to 2015

Post by blueboy Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:45 pm

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

AJ signs new contract - to 2015 Empty Re: AJ signs new contract - to 2015

Post by Wensdi Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:03 pm

Old news I'm afraid Blueboy.Smile
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:09 pm

Really? Shit - when did that break? Embarassed
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:19 pm

Few weeks back, never saw anything on the OS about it though and they usually make a bit of a song and dance when players sign a new contract.

The club always say they won't negotiate contracts midseason too, and that seems to be what they've said to De Jong... I smell something a bit fishy...
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:22 pm

gratedbean wrote:Few weeks back, never saw anything on the OS about it though and they usually make a bit of a song and dance when players sign a new contract.

The club always say they won't negotiate contracts midseason too, and that seems to be what they've said to De Jong... I smell something a bit fishy...

Me too.....this only gives NDJ a reason to knock on Marwood's door.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by coolenglishbob Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:57 pm

I do not want to be a damp rag,but,there are clubs sniffing around Nigel already and with him having the same agent as Tevez,you get the feeling that something may be brewing.
He has been so solid for us since he signed that I hope he is appreciated by the management,we need players like Nigel. Smile

coolenglishbob
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:06 pm

I must admit - I don't like all this "we'll only deal with it in the summer". The set-up with regards to players is organic and fluid. Example:

If a player has 12/24 months left on his contract and it is now Dec 2011 - and a club is sniffing around him, it doesn't make any business sense to wait until the summer.

a) The player may force a move - a la Tevez and his worth is 12/24 months.
b) It sends a message to the player and prospective club that you can't see the player in your future plans - therefore, the buying club won't offer what he may be worth.
c) The club should sign him up for another 2 years - overall giving him a 4 year contract, thereby, his value is 4 years and his value at sale his doubled.

I just think it's a lose-lose for the club and creates waves and tension.

Look at Neymar - will he really be at Santos next year? No...but they got him to sign a 5 year deal to save their investment when he gets sold next summer.

It just makes sense to talk at any time an issue arises - and then agree on what happens after discussions - and if that is "we will talk in the summer" then so be it if the player refuses to sign a new contract in the summer and leaves for less.............not make it a 'given' policy.

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:43 pm

I'm with Mancini, to win you need 1-Good Players 2-Good men

We know how good DeJong is as a player but if he is going to mess the club about with his (son of a jackal) adviser then so be it, we should show him the door. Old piss did that to Gabriel Heinze which was their best defender at the time and Jap Stam... we need to send a message out to the players and the ones that join that we are not walk overs anymore... Mancini is the man to do this, he has my full support and no player is irreplaceable Old piss and La Arse have proven that on many occasions... dare I say even Silva is not irreplaceable!

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:02 pm

If de Jong is shown the door,with yaya heading off to the African nations,we will be left with Milner,Barry and Hargreaves who could play DM to cover the 2 games a week which we should be playing with only Razak of the youngsters looking possible as a fill in.We could utilise Zabaleta there or even play Kompany there but I'm not at all convinced that Savic is good enough at this level and Kolo,who simply isn't good enough,will be at the African nations anyway.So do we muddle through,yaya will miss Wigan(a) spurs(h) Everton (a) Fulham (h) villa (a) plus both legs of the first knockout phase of the CL presuming we get through,4th & 5th round of the FA cup and the two legged semi of the carling again being presumptuous.Thats a lot of games to muddle through.Possibly the answer lies with a deal with inter Milan getting rid of Tevez and possibly de Jong to bring in Wesley sneijder who I think would be a perfect fit for us now and we would be in a much stronger position in January if we are still leading the pack in the prem than we were pre season when we wouldn't have been considered as likely winners of the top prizes
And it would really piss the rags off!!
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:20 pm

the best(!) solution would be to sort something out with NDJ and swap tevez for schneider
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:01 pm

Maybe they won't deal with Kia and his cronies just at the moment, what with the Tevez saga getting rediculous, and Kia has obviously got something to do with it, so I guess City aren't willing to open another potential can of worms until Tevez is dealt with.
Hope Nige stays, he seems to be an intelligent person, so I wonder why Kia is his advisor? I agree, get Sniedjer in for Tevez!
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:44 am

To be honest I think if Sneijder wanted to join us and/or leave Inter he would have done it last summer when ourselves and the rags were sniffing about. I get the impression he genuinely likes Milan, and I just don't see him and his supermodel wife swapping that for two restaurant Manchester.

I agree though that a player in that mould would be perfect, Sneijder, Alonso, Hargreaves in his prime; a creative midfielder, but one more deepseated than Silva, without having to carry out the defensive duties of De Jong.
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:59 am

Why the frig is the ACON always in the middle of the season. Why can't it be played at the end, like the Euros and WC are?

If NDJ's intent on playing funny buggers, do we not think RM will have something already liked up.......just in case.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down