Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Samir Nasri EmptyYesterday at 8:56 pm by Wensdi

» Today's game
Samir Nasri EmptyYesterday at 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Samir Nasri EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Samir Nasri EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Samir Nasri EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Samir Nasri EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Samir Nasri EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Samir Nasri EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Samir Nasri EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Samir Nasri EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Samir Nasri

+6
gratedbean
TMG
Moonchester
Topdawg
bellyblue
emjaydee
10 posters

Go down

Samir Nasri Empty Samir Nasri

Post by emjaydee Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:26 pm

Evening all. Hope your all well.

First up an apology at my lack of visitation, the site is banned at work and i've been busy in the evenings.

Anyway, I was just wondering about your thoughts on Samir Nasri?

I personally feel that he has been largely disappointing so far, and struggle to see how he fits into the side. Even coming on as a substitute he seems to make little impact, and is certainly nowhere near the level he reached last season for Arsenal.

Now most of you on here will have seen him 'live' a lot more than an infrequent match goer like myself, and perhaps he does a lot of good stuff you dont see on the telly.

Personally, unless there's marked improvement, I wouldn't be sad for him to move on in the summer.
emjaydee
emjaydee
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Samir Nasri Empty Re: Samir Nasri

Post by bellyblue Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:57 pm

Not sure yet.. dont think him and Silva can play together but what i have seen is a decent back up, he has a good touch but would like to see him more in the middle or just behind the striker. Not set the place alight yet but think we will see an improvement IF he understands he is a squad player who wont start evey game and IMO a back up for Silva!
bellyblue
bellyblue
Youth Team
Youth Team

http://bellytheblue@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:59 pm

tbh, i thought he'd be a 1st teamer when we signed him but now he is a squad player because others have stepped up to the plate.

we have to be able to keep players of his calibre because silva isn't always going to be fit and sometimes we might want to play a different system.

he was decent enough early on in the season when he was starting, then he got himself injured and has been a bit part players since.

once thing you don't want is to get yourself injured at the moment because you never know if you'll ever get back into the first team.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonchester Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:20 pm

I'd have no problems if he starts from the left hand side when Silva is in the middle and Aguero up top. The 3 of them combine really well but havent had much time together on the pitch..
Moonchester
Moonchester
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:42 am

Been disappointed myself. He was one of Arsenals star players last season. Made a lot of goals & scored a few. Bit of a luxury player if you ask me & is too lightweight when it comes to the big matches, which is what happened last season when Arsenal's MF were shown up for being too lightweight

I hope he proves me wrong but he is a poor man's Silva & will only be played when Silva needs resting or is injured or against the lesser teams or as a sub
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:12 am

Disappointed too, when we signed him I thought him and Silva on the pitch together would rip most opposition a new one, but I don't think he's had a good game since probably Spurs away.

Probably hasn't helped him that Milner's really found some form and is probably one of the first names on the team sheet at the moment.
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:50 pm

He needs to get used to everyone! Cut him some slack ya feckers!

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:33 pm

Wouldn't get in anyone's first choice X1 which speaks volumes about his lack of contribution so far.
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:57 pm

he got there at the start of the season, but i believe milner has overtaken him.

he is a very good player to have around when we are on top and battering someone
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by AMillionDifferentPeople Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:04 pm

I'd give him a bit of time to settle in, we cant judge him yet. I didn't expect him to play as much as he has tbh, we were asking the same of Milner last year and look how much he has improved.
AMillionDifferentPeople
AMillionDifferentPeople
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:13 pm

speak for yourself AMDPT, I have only slated Lescott consistently!

Dezko is getting on my nerves though slowly but I know somewhere deep down that he has the quality. Plus I like his attitude in general.

Back to top Go down

Post by AMillionDifferentPeople Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:37 pm

I always speak for myself Gsus Smile

Dzeko is a good player, but he couldn't trap a bag of sand and cant hold the ball up, give him a chance to score and he rarely lets us down though. Lescott is a funny one, as a defender he is top class, but his distribution is terrible, he has been excellent for us since the Kolo stupidity imo. We all criticise players, and rightly so most off the time, if Nasri is as bad as Kolarov is after almost 18 months then we should worry.
AMillionDifferentPeople
AMillionDifferentPeople
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:55 pm

Lescott has undoubtedly upped his game since the Kolo incident, he's better than Kolo was IMO and we're fortunate in that respect. But, if you look at our strongest starting XI, he is probably the weakest player in the side, mainly due to his poor distribution, the other players (bar Hart!) are all comfortable on the ball and can pick out a more intricate pass than just squaring it to Clichy or Kompany.

I have faith Nasri will come good, playing in an attacking midfield with Silva can surely only improve him as a player.

As for Dzeko, at the start of the season I thought he was a new player, since then his form has dipped and we've seen flashes of last seasons Dzeko. We all know that he can contribute something to this team as we have all seen how well he played in the first few games, he probably just needs a couple of games to pick his form back up, Norwich at home probably being the place to start.
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:28 pm

It is funny:

Lescott, apart from the odd game has been pretty consistent for us this season IMO, yet I was his biggest doubter.

Milner was for me the most disappointing signing last season and I gave him loads - he has been our best player over the past few months.

Nasri - I raved about his signing, and he's been pretty average.

There's a theme here......I know fuck all about anything.

So:

They are all shite, including the manager and City will never win anything with this squad!!!! jocolor
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:10 am

That's the spirit, Blueboy Wink

Nasri needs a bit of time to bed in. He'll be okay. I've watched his movement off the ball and you can see how he's trying to create space for his colleagues by pulling players away from each other. On the ball, he's not been so good and he's still stuck in tippy tappy mode. But I have faith that Bobby will get the best from him yet.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down