Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
The end of Kolo Toure? EmptyToday at 8:43 pm by Wensdi

» Pep’s at it again
The end of Kolo Toure? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
The end of Kolo Toure? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
The end of Kolo Toure? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
The end of Kolo Toure? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
The end of Kolo Toure? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
The end of Kolo Toure? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
The end of Kolo Toure? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
The end of Kolo Toure? EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
The end of Kolo Toure? EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

The end of Kolo Toure?

+4
Bewar3them00n
Topdawg
Paulpowersleftfoot
gratedbean
8 posters

Go down

The end of Kolo Toure? Empty The end of Kolo Toure?

Post by gratedbean Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:24 am

There's an article in the Guardian today, featuring an interview with Kolo Toure, in which he (very suprisingly) attacks the club and Stefan Savic.

"When you look at the performance of Savic [on his league debut] against QPR – excuse me, I'm relaxed."

-That's exactly what you want coming from a senior and supposedly experienced player.

"I am convinced that, if I am not playing [for City], it's not only for football reasons. If it was only about the game, I'd be playing every week. I am the victim of that, and it has to be said."

-Sorry pal, you're not playing for City every week because you were a disappointing signing, got yourself suspended for failing a drugs test, came back and looked off the pace, and unfortunately for you (but fortunately for us), Lescott performed better than you ever have in a blue shirt whilst you were banned.

In terms of his comments about ACON, I think every player should have the right to play for their country, but it is a problem that the tournament is held in the middle of the season. This isn't the fault of the players, but from a club and managers point of view, they want players that will be available to play every week, and missing X amount of games midseason is by no means going to be viewed as a positive by the club, especially clubs with less money to spend on transfers.

Reckon Kolo's shit his nest with these comments anyway, I'm actually quite suprised by him, always had a lot of respect for the guy and the club and players stood by him throughout his suspension - however, he's clearly got his head in the clouds, why should you be paid when you can't play due to you're own fault, and Kolo, you're not that good anymore, that chance Norwich had at the start of our last game being just one of many examples.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/dec/05/manchester-city-kolo-toure-african-players?newsfeed=true
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

The end of Kolo Toure? Empty Re: The end of Kolo Toure?

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:28 am

Would never play him again
The Savic comment was just disgraceful
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:45 am

I am astonished at KoLo's withering attack on the club that feeds him.

I wonder if he has taken on a new advisor lately?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:03 am

KoLo should b fined the obligatory two weeks wages.

If he cites ' lost in translation' he can go jump.

If he tries it on that they changed his words, city should ask him to sue the paper.

That should teach the overpaid crybaby a lesson.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:06 am

It's not racism, or an attack on African football, just shit timing, that when a team needs it's star players and squad player to be around for a really tough run of games, they go off for 5 weeks! Remember who pays your wages Kolo.
Maybe it's time that World Football, standardizes tournements to allow less disruption, or allows players to be brought in to cover.
Still, as someone who usually tows the line, it stinks of engineering an exit, shame, I thought he had a stormer against Arsenal too.
And being a senior player, shouldn't it be his job to bring Savic up to a higher level, not slagging off a collegue?
Well, he can always go back to Ivory Coast and ply his trade there, no?
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:29 am

Savic is a signing for the future and as Beware says it's Kolo (as a senior pro) that should be helping bring these young players on. Ok, so Savic had a bad game against QPR, so what! Everyone has bad games....kolo's certainly had his share, probably more than most (Lescott excluded Wink ). What he says is bang out of order, especially as it's a friggin teammate. Savic is a big lad, imo he should deck Kolo.......when his younger brother's not there, as he can be a nowty bugger.lol

I still can't see why the Authorities can't play the ACON at the end of the season, could they not coincide it with the Euro Championships?
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:36 am

if it co-incided with the euros, think of all that lost money.

when a team takes on african players, they accept that they may be a way for several weeks due to ACON.

We won't miss KoLo one jot, maybe Yaya.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:43 am

What lost money Dawg?
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:55 am

the african countries wouldn't get the same sponsorship, viewing figures etc. so they are gonna lose money.

they wouldn't get the same sort of exposure etc.

i don't think there needs to be a standardised timetable (ACON, Euros, Copa America etc.). We just have to accept them where they are.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:08 am

I disagree Dawg, ALL major championships should be held once the English season has finished.......end of Laughing .
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:22 am

Does anyone actually watch the ACON other than African nations? Pants competition which should be held at a diffferent time. I mean do they want their players to be successful. Taking the players for 5 weeks a year is not helping African nations football(ers)

Re the Kolo thing, it was probably a mistranslation by the papers (happens all the time doesn't it?) BUT does it really matter, he wont be having too many more games for City. Could even be out before the ACON starts
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by bellyblue Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:49 am

SSN this morning Mancini said he talked to Kolo yesterday and said he never said anything like what has been quoted?? Like a true pro-manager Roberto shrugs it off as a nothing... wonder what he really thinks?

Also said he wants the best for Tevez in the transfer saga to A.C
bellyblue
bellyblue
Youth Team
Youth Team

http://bellytheblue@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:42 pm

The plot thickens...

I'm glad Bobby is shrugging this off to the press. It gives them absolutely nothing to write about and so they'd have to resort to conjecture and hearsay. And while this may appear to be a bad thing on the face of it, if other clubs buy this crap they may think they can beat us and get cocky - making it easier for us to pick them off. Also, agreeing that Kolo is being a cockmonger would lessen his value.

I'm sure Kolo knows exactly what Bobby thinks.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:40 pm

Just watched Mancini's pre CL interview, he seems to shrug off any hysteria the media try to whip up surrounding City, Kolo, Tevez, K-Hz Rummenegge's repeated attack's on City re FFP, imagine what Fergie would say! he'd be spitting feathers, his nose would literally explode with rage!!
Fair play to Mancini, his calm approach off the pitch just might be helping us on the pitch, if only we could translate our Prem form into Europe!!!
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:23 pm

Rummenigge can piss right off. He was one of the ones who pushed for FFP in the first place, thus forcing us to spend the vast sums he's now moaning about.

Well done to Bobby for keeping it calm and rising above it all. It's the best way to keep them frothing at the mouth. And no doubt he's getting Bayern all worked up for the kill and our composure will beat them. To which Rumie will no doubt bitch about the money again and Bobby can put in some sly comment about it being the response of a poor loser.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down