Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
January transfer window EmptyToday at 12:56 am by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
January transfer window EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
January transfer window EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
January transfer window EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
January transfer window EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
January transfer window EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
January transfer window EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
January transfer window EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
January transfer window EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
January transfer window EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

Top posting users this month
skyblueoz
January transfer window Vote_lcapJanuary transfer window Voting_barJanuary transfer window Vote_rcap 
Wensdi
January transfer window Vote_lcapJanuary transfer window Voting_barJanuary transfer window Vote_rcap 
Topdawg
TMG
atlblue

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

January transfer window

4 posters

Go down

January transfer window Empty January transfer window

Post by Topdawg Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:09 pm

If Tevez leaves on loan in January (with a club paying all his wages and a signed agreement to take him in the summer), then that would be brilliant.

Bridge and Ned have been shown the door, just need them to step through it now.

MEN say that we are still interested in de Rossi (Roma) and he is in the last year of his contract so may be available ion the cheap. We may well need some cover for when Yaya goes off to ACON (anyone know when he becomes unavailable?) with 8 games in 30 days.

MEN also says that we may be looking at loan signings and bargains in January so my shot of Alex (apparently available for £2M) may be a decent one.

Bobby says that KoLo is definitely part of his plans at least until the summer. KoLo contacted Bobby and said he never said the things in the article so City should now asked him to sue the newspaper.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

January transfer window Empty Re: January transfer window

Post by meltonblue Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:44 pm

De Rossi would be a good signing, the struggle with buying him will be where he fits when Yaya gets back! I haven't looked closely at the January fixtures yet so not sure which games Yaya will be missing for?

I was surprised, to say the least, at Kolo's comments that came out in the papers so happy that might all be bollocks. However, Alex at that price sounds very good.

If we do get 25 mill for Tevez, I can't help but look at Chelsea and think about Torres...
meltonblue
meltonblue
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:55 pm

no way would i want torres hoping that he might come good again. i can see him being moody when he doesn't get games.

for our 4th striker we need someone like owen - experienced and happy for the odd game here and there if needed.

1st game of ACON is 21st Jan so I believe the players can go 14 days before that. It finished on 21st Feb.

Looks like Yaya's last game will be the Liverpool home league match on 3rd January.

Yaya may not come back into the reckoning until March.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by meltonblue Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:19 pm

Topdawg,

I'm not sure, the reason Torres looked pants for Chelsea, particularly last season, was the way they were set up rather than him, the service was shocking. He could be immense alongside Aguero (remember they played together for a year there) with Silva feeding them both.

Your point about him being moody about not getting games is how De Rossi could be as well. We still have options with barry, de jong, hargreaves, milner and nasri who can fill the role as well.

Lets just hope that Ivory Coast get knocked out quickly, although I can't see it myself!
meltonblue
meltonblue
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:22 pm

Alex is definitely worth a punt. But I'd leave Torres well alone, there's no way that RA will let him go for much less than the ridiculous sum he paid and we don't want to be spending that much. In fact, I'd probably give Chelsea's strikers a miss altogether - Drogba won't want to play fourth fiddle to anyone, Anelka won't be happy at being even further down the pecking order than he is now and Sturridge would no doubt pull the "I told you so" bollocks if we took him back.

I still think we should get Bent. At least that way we won't have him score the winner against us ever again Wink

De Rossi seems like a good move, plus we could rotate him and Yaya between the various competitions. Having seen how knackered Yaya gets after an hour, it'd be good to have someone who'll be a direct swap.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:24 pm

For me - Alex would be a good signing, but £2m? To us? More like £8m if we went in for him.....in which case, add £7m and go for Cahill, English and young...and we could off-load Ned or Bridge in the other direction.

Cover for Yaya - well that will be difficult. De Rossi won't come to City...and do we really want a player who will expect parity on wages with Yaya?

For me......the club have to be realistic. If they sign another 'top class' MF...then the likes of NDJ, Nasri, Milner and Barry will start getting a little pissed off.....as competition is tough as it is, regardless if Yaya wasn't there. Add another top name.....add another problem for this season.

I can see them go 'left-field' and adding either an older pro, or maybe a youthful starter to the squad, one which will be happy to make the odd start with 5 months to go - and get paid well for doing it.

As for a replacement for Tevez? Replacing his quality will NOT happen in Jan.

They will have to wait until next summer. If we are out of the CL...another reason for a top pro not to come, that's if he wouldn't be CL cup-tied anyway IF we were to get through tonight.

Bent? Would rather go for Defoe......Bent's transfer fee would be somewhere in the region of £20m+......not for me right now. Defoe on the other hand, could be part of a swap with Ade + cash (£7m) and Spurs get Defoe off the wage bill...we get an out and out goal-scorer with serious pace.

Who knows!!
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:37 pm

bobby said no more forwards.

i agree that we have loadsa midfielders. when yaya goes though, we are left with milner, barry, ndj, aj, silva, nasri and hargreaves.

take hargreaves out as he aint fit enough. an injury and a suspension and we are down to just 4 midfielders.

ok, zabba can play in midfield but i'd rather have someone else.

we were lucky last year with viera, maybe another like him?

there's talk of tottenham going for cahill at £7M. that'd also be a good shout for us with ned and/or bridge going the other way.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down