Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
If you don't play the team in front of you EmptyYesterday at 8:56 pm by Wensdi

» Today's game
If you don't play the team in front of you EmptyYesterday at 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
If you don't play the team in front of you EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
If you don't play the team in front of you EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
If you don't play the team in front of you EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
If you don't play the team in front of you EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
If you don't play the team in front of you EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
If you don't play the team in front of you EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
If you don't play the team in front of you EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
If you don't play the team in front of you EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

If you don't play the team in front of you

+5
joeymancityz
gratedbean
blueboy
TMG
Topdawg
9 posters

Go down

If you don't play the team in front of you Empty If you don't play the team in front of you

Post by Topdawg Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:51 pm

you get what you deserve
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

If you don't play the team in front of you Empty Re: If you don't play the team in front of you

Post by Topdawg Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:58 pm

don't fucking worry about liverpool, play your best team to beat sunderland.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

If you don't play the team in front of you Empty Re: If you don't play the team in front of you

Post by TMG Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:10 pm

Exactly Dawg. Several people were saying rest players for this game. We just cant afford to leave so many quality players out against any team

Terrible performance. Now very worried for the Dipper & Rag games !
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:21 pm

wanker...one word for mancini.........sorry, but the truth. as for the team, apart from vinny.....fucking useless, no guts, no passion, fuck all.

happy fucking new year you bunch of cunts.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:45 pm

It is worrying that lately watching City, West Brom & Sunderland have had more desire to shave points off us when you would expect our players to be chomping at the bit to win this title.

Johnson was back to his old missing person act if he's in the starting line up, which is a shame because I thought he played well against Stoke.

Missed chances again though, we bring it on ourselves. We need to start being more clinical infront of goal or it's going to be frustrating to watch us every time we play away from home.

I still stand by resting players though. The team he fielded should still have been able to beat the Sunderland side they were up against. Silva & Aguero have had dips in form decently and have need taking out of the side for a game for a while I've thought.
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by joeymancityz Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:01 pm

That was a fucking disgrace. PLAY YOUR FUCKING BEST TEAM MANCINI FOR FUCKS SAKE!!!!!!!!!!

Why leave Silva and Sguero on the bench from the start and, as for Balotelli not even in the cunting squad, shocking. I'm so fucking angry, especially in light of yesterday's results. Sunderland were shit. I can accept the Chelsea defeat as we were unlucky, I could have accepted it if we'd lost at Anfield as we were under the cosh towards the end. If we'd have played our best available 11 from the start today and gone for the jugular, we'd have had that fucking game in the bag by half time. THEN you can look at resting your key men for Tuesday.

Shame on you Roberto
joeymancityz
joeymancityz
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:05 pm

I do agree grated to a certain degree. However if we have 2 players for every position why is it without the guile of silva we have no one to unpick a defensive wall. i am dissappointed with the result but the stats dont lie 67% posession 25 shots on goal. The worrying point is unlike previous games that little piece of luck has deserted us in front of goal.

I have to admit city do need to man up a bit though. Sessegnon continually leaned in on our players and we seemed to allow this to happen far to often. The referee was not going to give us a free kick just because of a bit of contact.

The major disappointment for me was (a) the goal was allowed to stand even though it was clearly offside (b) the time of the goal meant no chance of a reply. I thought city's endeavour and will to win was there, if anything, maybe trying to hard and lacking composure when a cool head was needed could be deemed our problem at the moment. Nigel & kolarov clearly need games they were both off the pace.

I Thought joe hart had a good game again, when called upon did everything solidly. Not much chance with the goal.

Hopefully on Tues liverpool will be more adventurous which might afford us a bit more space to exploit.

Finally with the transfer window open i do think this could be a golden opportunity if the right players are available to freshen things up a bit for the run in.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:07 pm

Did Bobby slope of after the goal in a sulk? I think Fat Platt was explaining his absence to O'Neil after the final whistle? Hope not because he need to be big enough to take it on the chin.

Nothing really lost but we need to learn to play this ant-football very quickly because it is all teams are going to do to get points off us.

Agree the team selection was poor and too much of an eye on Liverpool for Tuesday. But very poor planning by the Prem, Liverpool have 5 days between games and we get 48 hours!

Dzeko needs more game time, he cannot expect him to be sharp with a game a month.

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:24 pm

Bobby did slope off yeah I, but then he didn't moan about the goal being offside.

On paper we should be able to pick opposition defences apart witout Silva, but Johnson was poor, Nasri has not settled in yet and Dzeko was a bit all over the place with his finishing. On any other day those three could have performed, we would have won, and still managed to rest key players. I think part of it's just a problem with fringe players not being fully match fit at the moment.

So you could put it down to a bad day in the office for our forwards, only thing is they've had a couple of those lately. Either way our form was always ineviatebly going to dip, I expect to see a good response from the players against Liverpool, forget being tired, if they want to win the title they will go out and show it in two days.
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:28 pm

Dzeko needs a goal big time, his inability to hit the net cost us today and may well be the key to any title ambitions we have. If we don't sign a forward in Jan we may have to rely on him more and more. Overall, imo we were the only team trying to win the game (after the 3rd minute) and let's face it we should have.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:45 pm

Basically we're going to come up against this type of performance in the majority of our away games for the rest of the season, and probably most of our home games.

It is a test of Mancini's managerial worth, whether or not he can come up with a way of successfully and consistently dispatching teams who come and park the bus, and I have faith he'll pass it.

At the moment the approach seems to be to completely bombard their goal and create as many chances as possible, the law of averages being one will go in. Purely speculating but this makes me think the players might get a bit lazy, they think 'oh we've got 90mins we'll easily get a goal by then' hence the poor finishing - as opposed to Sunderland today who were limited to one or two chances but were more clinical.

Either way when a team sets up against us like that we don't need Barry and Yaya both on the pitch, why not play De Jong covering the back four and then five players who's sole purpose is to attack?

I also don't think we make as good use of our corners as we should in these sort of matches. If you're going to get 10 corners a game then we really should focus an aspect of our training on how to make them count.
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:50 pm

shit, awful, lacklustre....fucking dire performance from a team that could have gone 3 points clear.......80% of our team need a fucking kick up the arse.....2 signings in Jan will sort that out..........make Nasri, Aguero and Johnson pick their game up big-style....as at the moment, they're wank.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by coolenglishbob Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:50 pm

Grated
You say we will recover for Liverpool.
I would have thought that we needed to recover after West Brom!
We are going to get teams 'parking the bus'every time we go away,and we have got to be able to counter it.Sunderland had 11 players behind the ball every time we attacked but still managed to score,the rest of the prem is going to note our last two results,and copy the tactics!!

coolenglishbob
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:26 am

I hope we will recover against Liverpool! But I expect to see a positive response regardless of whether or not we win the game. West Brom wasn't too bad, but today most of the players looked like they wanted to be elsewhere.
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:20 am

I can't imagine Liverpool will come to us with a view to aiming for a draw. I think they'll try and beat us, which gives us room to play against them.

Blueboy, how long have you been a City fan? Just wondering, because we have a bad result and you're slagging the entire team off like some rag...
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down