Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Kompany - Clarification Please EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 3:57 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Kompany - Clarification Please EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Kompany - Clarification Please EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Kompany - Clarification Please EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Kompany - Clarification Please EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Kompany - Clarification Please EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Kompany - Clarification Please EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Kompany - Clarification Please EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Kompany - Clarification Please EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Kompany - Clarification Please EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

Top posting users this month
No user

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Kompany - Clarification Please

3 posters

Go down

Kompany - Clarification Please Empty Kompany - Clarification Please

Post by blueboy Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:29 pm

Can anyone find the exact offence he committed which lead to the uphelding of Rooney's, i mean the refs red card?

I've heard all sorts so far - but because the refs hide behind the FA...we rarely get to know - FFS, surely Foy must explain what the reason was - to the press?

Here goes - was it?:

a) Two-footed
b) Both feet off the ground
c) Dangerous play
d) An attempt to hurt the player
e) Overly aggressive
f) Intentional to foul the player
g) Not in control of his movement
h) From behind
i) Hurt the opposition player if he didn't make a defensive manoeuvre

Add any more you wish.

Therefore - if any of the above are true, then he is in offence of:

h)

and how you judge in the air....maybe b) + i).

It wasn't two-footed because his right foot took the ball (left leg outside of Nani's legs)....if it was his left, then the right would have naturally have been coming in from behind Nani....but it wasn't.

Therefore.....if we take an incident that could have got world goal of the season - Rooney's overhead kick and apply a to i above...what do we get?

I would suggest:

a)
b)
c)..maybe as the defender doesn't want to put his head towards a boot at that height
g) as how many of those overhead kicks are on target?
i) if the player goes in with his head....he could get hurt (NDJ and Welbeck?)

So - the FA & The Faggots Association need to clearly spell out what the fuck he is guilty of.....because the game is going fucking mad.........how many sliding tackles do you see where the arse is on the ground, the feet are in the air as they clear the ball and the opposition player hurdles the challenge? Most games.....are they now deemed red cards because of what might happen if the player stayed on his feet, he gets caught by a stud from the opposition player?

What it seems to me he is charged with is all about 'what if'......which is fucking bollocks....what if Micah got his head to the ball and Rooney gashed his face open? What if NDJ had actually have tried to head the ball out and Welbeck caught him in the eye?

The intent from Kompany was to get the ball back - he got it and Nani jumped out of the way. How do you prove intent - it's all subjective - and so is this two-footed, both feet off the ground shite.

Gutted our game has turned into this inconsistent, one rule for one (because of his character - Lampard, who makes terrible contact with the player) and 'intent' and 'what-if' is cited in another.

Evidence to go on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVWq2fJnUoU

Lampard doesn't get the ball, off the floor, from behind - "That's an old fashioned one that" says Andy Townsend.

When have you seen two footed tackles, in the air - seriously damage a player? It's not normal to tackle two-footed, they use one to get the ball, the other for balance.

Players injured seriously in tackles.

Eduardo's - one footed tackle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfzs_ONOyA4

Ben Artha - one footed tackle, back leg follows through

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHjJaUppv18&feature=related

Arron Ramsey - one footed tackle caused it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAkChVnUPoU&feature=related

You just don't see 2 footed tackles injuring players....one leg in the tackle, not two. It just ins't physiologically of benefit to go into a tackle with 2 feet.

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Kompany - Clarification Please Empty Re: Kompany - Clarification Please

Post by Topdawg Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:07 pm

can't argue with that bluey. just waiting for the rash of red cards for the rest of the season - won't happen.

this story will go away after two weeks.

i am still pissed off that we aren't seeing the giggs tackle ad nauseum on ESPN, SSN and the Beeb.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:21 pm

The decision has been made, we have to accept that, I know.

But what annoys me is the whole airtime over the appalling Lampard tackle - and the debate about him getting away with it - well if the panel can adjudge this to be worthy of being upheld, but they can't intervene because of the incompetency of that ref...the system is archaic and run by fools.

I would just like an explanation from the ref, or the panel as to what offence he committed - because this ruling does not help any other professional footballer...as how the fuck do they know what is deemed a dangerous tackle? Maybe if the ref is called Chris Foy and Rooney is on the pitch, then maybe theirs a clue.

The whole appeal process depends on the ref changing his mind...and let's face it - IS HE REALLY GOING TO ADMIT IN ONE OF THE BIGGEST MATCHES OF THE SEASON, HE GOT IT WRONG AND WAS INFLUENCED BY A UNITED PLAYER?....OF COURSE NOT, SO NO OTHER RECOURSE.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:29 pm

You'll never get it blue. The FA never tell you what you want to hear.

Another rule by whoever at the FA that gets me is....why does it take 2, 3 or 4 "iffy challenges" before a ref decides to book someone. Due to this, the players always argue the fact that they think they should get away with their 1st offence. Surely, if the tackles bad enough, he goes in the book straight away, simple as.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:41 pm

shakencity wrote:You'll never get it blue. The FA never tell you what you want to hear.

Another rule by whoever at the FA that gets me is....why does it take 2, 3 or 4 "iffy challenges" before a ref decides to book someone. Due to this, the players always argue the fact that they think they should get away with their 1st offence. Surely, if the tackles bad enough, he goes in the book straight away, simple as.

Yeah, agree Shaken, that's another thing that pisses me off..maybe Kompany should have counteracted Rooney's 2 fingers, by sticking up 1 finger and saying, "1st tackle ref".

Just heard Alvin Martin on Talksport - absolutely incredulous over today's decision. He says the same thing, what was it for? He didn't touch the player, he got the ball, Nani didn't complain...so why?

I think we could all accept the decision if we knew why...but as you say, they are too full of shit and bollocks to back it up.

Alvin Martin was right on one thing though - leave the decisions to the refs and do away with this 'rule' as is doesn't work. Let the ref make the decision and then the review panel should convene to seek a final decision on reviews - right or wrong, for carded tackles or not - and explain why they came to whatever decision they came to....and I think that's the way it should go.

That way the likes of Lampard, Giggs, Carrick etc would all be punished.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:59 pm

Actually seems a plausable statement that blue but again it'll never happen. As you point out, they NEVER come out and explain.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down