Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

Topdawg

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 9:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
After another shocker, does Savic have a future at city? EmptyToday at 1:24 pm by Topdawg

» Pep’s at it again
After another shocker, does Savic have a future at city? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 6:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
After another shocker, does Savic have a future at city? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
After another shocker, does Savic have a future at city? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
After another shocker, does Savic have a future at city? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
After another shocker, does Savic have a future at city? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
After another shocker, does Savic have a future at city? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
After another shocker, does Savic have a future at city? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
After another shocker, does Savic have a future at city? EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 3:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
After another shocker, does Savic have a future at city? EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 2:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

After another shocker, does Savic have a future at city?

+2
blueboy
Topdawg
6 posters

Go down

After another shocker, does Savic have a future at city? Empty After another shocker, does Savic have a future at city?

Post by Topdawg Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:05 pm

don't get me wrong, i haven't got it in for the poor lad.

he has been thrust into the heart of the action in some big games and he isn't ready yet.

he has looked fine in the CC before the semis, but he really has been found out over the last couple of weeks.

His confidence is shot to pieces and he will remember this period of time forever. it will haunt him for months and he'll be ultra nervous when he next gets a run in the team. can we honestly say we want him as backup this season after that display? another red card or injury and he is thrust into the fire again.

if we want to win something this season, we need a far better CB. Is cahill still for sale? oh no, the england CB went for about £7M to chelsea.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

After another shocker, does Savic have a future at city? Empty Re: After another shocker, does Savic have a future at city?

Post by blueboy Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:36 pm

I think most have said over the past few weeks...he isn't ready...and certainly doesn't look good enough in the run in....but what do we know? Embarassed
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

After another shocker, does Savic have a future at city? Empty Re: After another shocker, does Savic have a future at city?

Post by leopold Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:22 am

I've been prepared to give Savic a chance in the past, he's young and inexperienced. But last night he played the worst I've ever seen him in a City shirt. He's clearly still struggling to get over that header in the Spurs game, everything he touched was tentative and all he seemed to succeed in doing was play the ball back to the dippers. Bobby was right to sub him at half time.

But he was wrong to play him. We had two DMs on to protect him in a game we needed to win. Just don't get that.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:33 am

Can't for the life of me understand why he's not playing on loan somewhere.How the coaching staff and manager deem him ready to play in these crucial games makes me very concerned if I'm honest,he must play against the likes of Aguero in training so clearly it should be obvious to all concerned that he's nowhere near ready.Just the basics of having a ball at his feet with a forward closing him down is beyond him but I don't think it's the lads fault he simply should be put in that position
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:41 am

In his defence, he's been thrust into playing games at this level due to the combined ineptitude of Foy and the FA. If that hadn't happened, Savic may well have had a few games in February against weaker competition to build up his confidence, instead of being chucked in against the dippers and spuds.

But yes, we've cocked up by not having sufficient cover for Kolo.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:26 am

savic was due to go out on loan but then vinnie got injured.

we shudda bought someone anyway
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:36 am

"In his defence, he's been thrust into playing games at this level due to the combined ineptitude of Foy and the FA".

Not really leo, RM could easily have left him on the bench and put Micah at CB with Zab at RB. Will be interesting to see who plays where next Tuesday.

PPLF, agreed fella, he needs to go on loan when Vinny returns (Micah can cover).
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:25 pm

It's not right using Micah as cover for CB as this affects us down the right.

zabba as cover for LB/RB/DM is fine as he isn't a starter and he isn't crucial to us.

ship out the shit (Kolarov, AJ etc.) and use the money on getting us one/two tricky, pacey wingers. zabba can be our back up LB
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by AMillionDifferentPeople Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:38 pm

The way Bellamy played last night he would have terrorised any defender, he had a point to prove to Bobby after we gave him away. Savic looked uncomfortable at times, but i'm gonna stick up for the lad. I see a good centre half when i watch him (although his distribution is as bad as lezzers), everybody makes mistakes, and he will learn.

I dont see the point of sending him out on loan, Boyata has barely played for bolton and is learning nowt. 15 (less high profile) games for us a season is better than 15 games for notlob. He should learn from training with better players each week and to write him off now is ridiculous. 6 months he has been at the club.
AMillionDifferentPeople
AMillionDifferentPeople
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:04 pm

I'm was on about RM having the option last night Dawg, not all the time mate. This would have worked last night in a 4-4-2 formation but not in the stupid set up he played. Milner (if selected) could have played infront of Zab, surely that doesn't effect us too much (as a one off).
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down