Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Massive Disappointment EmptyWed May 08, 2024 1:49 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Massive Disappointment EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Massive Disappointment EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Massive Disappointment EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Massive Disappointment EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Massive Disappointment EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Massive Disappointment EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Massive Disappointment EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Massive Disappointment EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Massive Disappointment EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Massive Disappointment

+2
Topdawg
Wensdi
6 posters

Go down

Massive Disappointment Empty Massive Disappointment

Post by Wensdi Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:34 pm

Not a tried and tested squad for us and many on here are turning on Savic and Kolarov - even shouts of getting shot of NDJ, Johnson and Dzeko. Bit of a knee jerk reaction to a very painful loss last night. Used to work for a guy that reacted angrily to bad news - but once he went to anger management classes - he did a lot better in his career.

Bob's dropped some clangers with selection, tactics and players he's bought. He's also brought us some sheer joy when his selection's been spot on - Utd, Spuds and Liverpool this season. We've had more than our share of bad refs and decisions - but as PPLF said in his last post - tackling from behind, two footed challenges and a sly stamp on somebody's bonce is asking for it. Karma.

Lost 2 cup chances - also lost a player who has made a huge difference in our squad this year - yes that big lazy lump Yaya - come back all is forgiven.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Massive Disappointment Empty Re: Massive Disappointment

Post by Topdawg Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:49 pm

i'm not sure that it is just yaya's ability - it is his presence.

wensdi, we have been saying for a while that kolarov is weak as a defender.

i've seen savic play and he has been decent enough, but i never thought he was ready for these top games yet. I am worried that his self confidence may never recover with us.

NDJ is a Kia problem that we don't need. he hasn't been much use when he has played.

there has been some knee jerk reactions, but some of this stuff was said months ago.

losing any games hurts. losing against the dippers in the manner in which we lost, moreso.

we'll be back i'm sure.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:44 pm

It's all about opinions Wensdi. Even when City have won i've said honestly what i thought of certain players, if they were crap i've said it and if they were good i've said that too.

Savic and Kolarov imo are crap and at the minute nothing's going to change my mind. It's not a knee jerk reaction to last night at all, i've said this all along (as have most). Dzeko imo isn't good enough either and you yourself have said exactly the same, ok he scored last night but his all round game is poor and more than often contributes next to kak all most games. Balo is plain and simply a liability and (again imo) on the football field is constantly letting EVERYONE down with his antics, don't give a shit off the field but on it i do. AJ's simply an impact player in my eyes and nothing more, i've said this from day one and if people down like it that's their perogative.

I hate City losing as much as i hate Bury losing, so i guess my only knee jerk reaction from last night is probably towards Bobby lad, as he totally pissed me off with his team selection and formation. Liverpool were there for the taking and he got it all wrong to enforce that.

I'll continue to give my honest thoughs about certain players, performances and games Wensdi, not with any intent on upsetting or winding anyone up but purely as that's the way i see it.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:14 pm

Well said Shaken. Nothing that has been posted over the past 18 hours, is anything that hasn't been said before - and many times. The players in question, Kolorov and Savic are simply not good enough for our current squad. Not sure where and when Savic has looked comfortable in any game...he always looks like an accident waiting to happen...and I really don't care if he is 21, 41 or 61.....he is an International player. Age is nothing....otherwise we would be using it every time the likes of Wilshere make a mistake. The difference being - the likes of Wilshere make the odd mistake, but contribute so much more....Savic does not do that IMO.

Kolorov - said it for the past 12 months.....he is the poorest player we have in our squad...awful control, no pace, cannot defend, poor positionally, doesn't track back....need i go on?

As for Dzeko - he has shown glimpses of his ability - but even with a run of games - it's just not eneough. However, I will add, he doesn't get the service as everything is usually played to his feet, with his back turned to goal. We saw that cross from Kolorov last night and what he can do with the service...but we don't naturally play with wide men.

Adam Johnson - got the talent - just doesn't grab his opportunity when he gets it, that's why he will always be a peripheral player.

The one big let down was Mancini. Absolutely terrible team selection. We do not play until next Tuesday - we are 1-0 down in the semi's of the CC and we are at Liverpool.....and he thinks including Kolorov and Savic will be enough? Add to that - he drops Aguero.......the players have to take responsibility - but when you pick a shit team - you are going to get a shit performance...it's that simple....and nothing will changed my opinion on that.

Oh....and Shaken....see your Bury EDS team got beat 3-1 by ours?
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:34 pm

and the other team in the CC final is Cardiff. No disrespect, but we could have rested some players for the final and chucked in those that got us there.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:27 pm

Wensdi, I think many on here have been on Savic and Kolarov's backs for longer than last night, as I guess has already been mentioned in one form or another.

I'm still of the view that Savic's inexperience is telling, especially when it comes to shrugging off mistakes. He looked very tentative last night, like he didn't want to make any more errors. Unfortunately, when you think like that, they creep in anyway.

Kolarov is a different kettle of fish, as is Johnson. Both of these lads should be playing as wingers, with Dzeko in the middle picking up the service. Unfortunately, Bobby seems to have decided that isn't the way to do things and we're playing narrower and narrower with each game. Stupidly, the goal we got last night was from a killer pass from Kolarov to Dzeko and yet we still don't play that as an option. I wouldn't mind, but Dzeko's early form was largely based on him being at the head and people feeding him.

I don't know... I think we need to see what goes on from here on out.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:33 pm

I realise that people have been on Savic's back for the last 3 matches or so and longer re Kolarov. Not disputing that and everyone's entitled to their opinion. However there is a lot of stuff said out of anger - Leo and its understandable - it's a massive disappointment that we are out of both cups and the CL. I still think its a bit of a knee jerk reaction to want to get rid of Nige, Adam and Edin - along with Kolarov and Savic. That to me is a knee-jerk reaction to the massive disappointment. We've had some great matches and great results - I'm gutted we didn't beat Liverpool - and all the more galling that Bellers scored that last goal. Gutted that we didn't beat Utd in the FA Cup too. Gutted that Tevez has turned out to be such a money driven asshole.

We've been 4 options short with Mario, Kompany, Yaya and Kolo out.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:59 pm

Wensdi wrote:I realise that people have been on Savic's back for the last 3 matches or so and longer re Kolarov. Not disputing that and everyone's entitled to their opinion. However there is a lot of stuff said out of anger - Leo and its understandable - it's a massive disappointment that we are out of both cups and the CL. I still think its a bit of a knee jerk reaction to want to get rid of Nige, Adam and Edin - along with Kolarov and Savic. That to me is a knee-jerk reaction to the massive disappointment. We've had some great matches and great results - I'm gutted we didn't beat Liverpool - and all the more galling that Bellers scored that last goal. Gutted that we didn't beat Utd in the FA Cup too. Gutted that Tevez has turned out to be such a money driven asshole.

We've been 4 options short with Mario, Kompany, Yaya and Kolo out.
And your last line Wensdi says it all about Mancini and his selections/buying policy....we are just not strong enough with the players that have been brought in to replace them.
Granted - we are still top of the league - thank god.......but with only 3 strikers - one of which isn't firing - the other keeps getting red cards...add to that he knew the only cover for Lescott & Kompany was Savic, whilst Kolo was away for 7 weeks....his policy of not getting decent cover in Jan has back-fired big time...and it's not like they weren't winnable games!

I can only hope that with 6 days to go......he buys 2 players....and hope we can continue our recent form of scraping through PL matches, until the brothers come back - otherwise, come May...we'll all be looking back at January and judging Mancini's job prospects.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by coolenglishbob Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:22 pm

Leaving Aguero and Milner on the bench when we need a result is,IMO,poor selection, especially when we have 5 days before the next game.I have never been an anti Mancini man,but this time he was definitely wrong.Did he not watch the Bolton game at the weekend? They played with two wingers and destroyed Liverpool.

coolenglishbob
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:27 pm

blueboy,

"Oh....and Shaken....see your Bury EDS team got beat 3-1 by ours?"

That'll be Bury Reserves blue, although i guess our kids would like to be called an EDS Wink . Yeah i saw that (but didn't want to bring it up), we were 1 nil up at half time too, it all changed when they took Hargreaves off. Apparently Bridge had a stormer, maybe because he was gracing the hallowed turf of "La stade de Gigg" Laughing .
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:11 pm

shakencity wrote:blueboy,

"Oh....and Shaken....see your Bury EDS team got beat 3-1 by ours?"

That'll be Bury Reserves blue, although i guess our kids would like to be called an EDS Wink . Yeah i saw that (but didn't want to bring it up), we were 1 nil up at half time too, it all changed when they took Hargreaves off. Apparently Bridge had a stormer, maybe because he was gracing the hallowed turf of "La stade de Gigg" Laughing .

Sorry mate......Bridge - Stormer? Nah, those two words don't match! Razz

I've said it since the start of the season.......I'd give the likes of Juan Roman and Denis Suarez some game time.....I think these two kids are up to the task of 45 mins in the PL.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:21 pm

In a perfect world BBoy - if the Tevez deal had gone through he RM might have had some sway about buying a couple more players. Maybe he's under constraints - who knows.

Think most people are scratching their heads at RM's team selection. Maybe he knows something we don't. Anyway massive let down.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:32 pm

Wensdi wrote:In a perfect world BBoy - if the Tevez deal had gone through he RM might have had some sway about buying a couple more players. Maybe he's under constraints - who knows.

Think most people are scratching their heads at RM's team selection. Maybe he knows something we don't. Anyway massive let down.
Agree wholeheartedly Wensdi. Sad
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:48 pm

Especially gutting as I wait the whole two hours without looking at the scores (at work) and race home to watch the recording. 30 minutes into it I know we are going to blow it and then I'm so upset for the rest of the evening. Call my kids after and we talk about it - hate the disappointment in their voices. Only slept 4 hrs last night (got up at 5:30) this morning for work. So wound up when I went to bed - just couldn't sleep. Hate midweek matches for this reason - at least I can watch them live on the weekend.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:46 am

I'm pretty sure Bobby's under constraints. He's said for months he wants another midfielder and we've been looking at Di Rossi. But we've not moved. I take that to mean FFP is now biting and we need to sell, sell, sell.

Sadly, the sale of Ned won't generate a Di Rossi.

That said, the team he put out has bugger all to do with whether he can spend and more to do with it just being a poor team for a game we needed to win. Maybe he's not quite got the hang of the idea that we would be happy with any old cup!
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:27 pm

To be fair Leo, it was a strange line up - it worked to some extent - if Liverpool hadn't got that dodgy penalty shout and we had been awarded a pen for Adam hacking down Edin - we would have won. We've been very unlucky with decisions haven't we as far as Kompany and penalties. I hope that we can get the NDJ question sorted - and that people get off AJ's back - he has been a good impact sub this year. Also need to give Savic a chance - he's only a young lad and we should be behind all our young players who pull on the shirt. I'm sure his confidence is shot - after his mistakes. It's a tough league and he needs some time. Look how Micah has blossomed.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:33 pm

"To be fair Leo, it was a strange line up - it worked to some extent - if Liverpool hadn't got that dodgy penalty shout and we had been awarded a pen for Adam hacking down Edin - we would have won".

Yeah, and if it hadn't been for Joe Hart it would have been a cricket score. It's all "ifs" and "buts" Wensdi.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:35 pm

That's why we have Joe though isn't it Shaken - to stop the goals going in.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down