Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 14 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Liverpool - Fans are not racist................. EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 3:57 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Liverpool - Fans are not racist................. EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Liverpool - Fans are not racist................. EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Liverpool - Fans are not racist................. EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Liverpool - Fans are not racist................. EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Liverpool - Fans are not racist................. EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Liverpool - Fans are not racist................. EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Liverpool - Fans are not racist................. EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Liverpool - Fans are not racist................. EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Liverpool - Fans are not racist................. EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

Top posting users this month
No user

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Liverpool - Fans are not racist.................

2 posters

Go down

Liverpool - Fans are not racist................. Empty Liverpool - Fans are not racist.................

Post by blueboy Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:22 am

So why every time Evra touched the ball, did they boo him with venom.

Rewind to December - didn't Suarez get an 8 match ban for racially abusing Evra on more than one occasion? Didn't Suarez admit to using the word 'negrito' towards Evra?

Therefore - if any Liverpool fan singled out Evra for special treatment by booing him, after all that was said in the build up to the game.............are they not siding with Suarez and his racist comments?

Furthermore - how can any one of those fans who were sat around the fan who was stood up and making monkey gestures at Evra, live with themselves for just sitting there and not informing a steward or Police officer? Again, Klu Klux Klanfield demonstrated where it stands on racism and what's they deem acceptable behaviour.

Just accepting that Evra was the innocent party in this and treating him as any other, would have benefited the club, the fans and the 'kick racism out campaign'.....but no, they just couldn't see it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2093151/Liverpool-fan-accused-making-monkey-gesture--police-investigate.html

An arrest has been made.....but isn't the guy sat next to him a person of 'race'?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/9047119/Merseyside-Police-arrest-racist-supporter-after-image-of-monkey-gesture-appears-on-Twitter.html
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Liverpool - Fans are not racist................. Empty Re: Liverpool - Fans are not racist.................

Post by Topdawg Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:46 am

bluey, i wouldn't say that the liverpool fans are siding with racist comments from suarez.

there is some naturality involved ie, they will try and support their own, as most of us would support our players.

i think most reasonable people will agree that you cannot have blind support like the liverpool fans have been showing.

i think that the fans are at least a little misguided in their show of support. they still won't accept that suarez did wrong and that is extremely sad.

it is difficult, sometimes, to have the courage to report people. Most people don't want to get involved.

How many times has any of us reported someone for calling out 'munichs' at matches. i've heard it twice this season and i've only been to 4 matches.

i did speak to one guy about calming down in general after another cunt filled rant after a decision by the ref (correct decision) and other fans around me said it was ok to rant even though he was wrong.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Liverpool - Fans are not racist................. Empty Re: Liverpool - Fans are not racist.................

Post by blueboy Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:47 am

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:56 am

Munich - wrong, but not going to get you arrested Dawg unless it cites violence.

The guy who was arrested for his overt gesture of racism. If the crowd had not boo'd Evra with such venom every time he went near the ball, would this guy have been so wrapped up in his hate for Evra, have stood up and blatantly acted out his monkey gesture? Probably not, as this would have gone against the scene set by the crowd.

I'm not saying you cannot boo players....the opposite. But after what has gone on and the charge of using racist words against Evra was proven against Suarez........the booing was for one thing....the fact that one of their players had been found guilty of racism on a football pitch....and they didn't like it or want to believe it - so showed support of the guilty player against the player who was racially abused.

Interesting - how many black players were in Liverpool's team yesterday?

If the shoe was on the other foot - would we have boo'd a black player from the opposition team if one of our white/s.american players had been found guilty of racism towards him? I'm not sure we would have with the intensity of yesterday.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:00 am

i'd like to think we wouldn't have been half as bad as the dippers fans were.

we know something would have happened for sure.

my example of one city 'fan' makes me think he'd be at it for sure.

i also think we'd not have let it get as bad as it did with suarez. we seem me to be getting more savvy as we progress whilst liverpool left it in the hands of a dinosaur to deal with and he is old skool.

liverpool let it drag on too long, and didn't deal with it properly.

who is to say that 'fan' doesn't make monkey chants at every match?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:21 am

who is to say that 'fan' doesn't make monkey chants at every match?
.............................................................................................................
and if he does and hasn't been arrested for it - this goes a long way to telling the story of Liverpool FC's stance against racism.

I'm not, for minute, saying that no fan would boo at City - but I would suggest that because we have so many black players within our squad and first team:

a) the t-shirt thing would never have happened
b) the club statement and stance would have highlighted the clubs non-acceptance of this kind of behaviour - not support the guilty player
c) the booing would have been in the minority
d) the black players would have looked upon the booing with disgust.

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down