Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Fair Do's - Well done EmptyToday at 2:24 pm by Topdawg

» Pep’s at it again
Fair Do's - Well done EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Fair Do's - Well done EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Fair Do's - Well done EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Fair Do's - Well done EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Fair Do's - Well done EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Fair Do's - Well done EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Fair Do's - Well done EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Fair Do's - Well done EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Fair Do's - Well done EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Fair Do's - Well done

+5
blueboy
shakencity
johnsavitta
Topdawg
Wensdi
9 posters

Go down

Fair Do's - Well done Empty Fair Do's - Well done

Post by Wensdi Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:36 pm

They did okay considering the weather conditions - to get 3 - regardless of how they were scored LOL. Savic and Kolarov did alright too - Kolarov made some good crosses just nobody there to tap em in. John, Dawg and Bueboy eat your words.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Fair Do's - Well done Empty Re: Fair Do's - Well done

Post by Topdawg Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:47 pm

actually, didn't see about half the match but kolarov looked very poor. poor passes, tried to take defenders on and failed miserably. his free kick was cack as that is all he brings to the team.

you can't blame anyone except kolarov if he puts some good crosses in and no-one is there to tap them in. if that's the case, he needs to look up for where our players are.

we should have scored a hatfull regardless of the conditions. if oit comes down to goal difference, we'll be looking at games like this where we could have had half a dozen if we'd have been bothered.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by johnsavitta Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:04 pm

Thought Savic had a decent game to be fair, but i thought Kolarov was a headless chicken and his free kick was like the launch of apollo 11, but generally very pleased with the play and of course the win. So i eat half my words Wensdi Smile
johnsavitta
johnsavitta
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:09 pm

fulham posed little threat without zamora so savic got off the hook there.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by johnsavitta Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:16 pm

i think Savic is one for the future so a good game to restore his confidence
johnsavitta
johnsavitta
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:31 pm

Yeah they did ok Wensdi but come on let's admit it even the Shakers and Weds would have probably beat Fulham, they were hardly a threat going forward were they?

If anything though, it'll give Savic and Kolarov a bit of confidence.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:34 pm

Wensdi wrote:They did okay considering the weather conditions - to get 3 - regardless of how they were scored LOL. Savic and Kolarov did alright too - Kolarov made some good crosses just nobody there to tap em in. John, Dawg and Bueboy eat your words.

Hmmm - not sure what game you were watching Wensdi. Kolorov.......made 2 decent crosses all game. Still, as per usual...cannot defended for toffee...out of positions so many times....better teams would have exploited it! Free kick...woeful.

Savic - 2 or 3 good headers...but if he can't do that without us commenting on it...then does he really deserve any praise? Did what he did OK..though hardly tested against an inept forward line.

Thought Lescott was superb in everything he did...and I don't normally single him out..but he was great.

Aguero....what a player, what a signing. Endless work-rate, superb control of the ball....brilliant.

Silva...as good as he is........somebody take him for shooting practice from within the box!!! He could have had 20+ goals already if he could shoot straight! Top player though.

Well done AJ....tried hard, good simulation for the penalty...but the again, Silva's was clear cut!

Great 3 points......but roll on the team being back to where they were in Nov! We are far too slow and miss far too many chances - but top by 3...pressure on the rags!!!
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:50 pm

The win we really needed to get back on track against a very poor Fulham side it has to be said.I thought it was one of Kolorovs better games but that's generally not saying much.Savic is simply not good enough,he have the ball away most times he was under any form of pressure and is going to cost us if we have to persevere with him.Best player on the park for me was Gareth Barry,I thought he was excellent,just a pity a couple of passes went astray otherwise it would have been as good as he's played in a city shirt.Edin played much better and looked much more like the big money signing hes supposed to play like.
Didn't see the new guy,his name was being announced as I was taking my frost bitten feet out of the ground to thaw out in the car.It was fucking freezing
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by coolenglishbob Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:57 am

PPLF
Sorry mate but I thought that Barry was less than useful.A couple of passes went astray?I counted misplaced passes in a ten minute period was at least 5,and he still turns his back on the ball when it is hit at him in front of goal.
I do not usually slag Barry off, but today I was not impressed.Just my opinion Smile

coolenglishbob
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:20 am

and that foul on the edge of our box?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:51 am

Granted that was a stupid tackle but it was nice to see Barry,and Milner when he came on,really getting stuck in and scrapping to keep us on the front foot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:57 am

what do you think is letting us down at the mo?

we have mostly hard workers and they have good skill.

obviously tougher when savic and kolarov play as they don't really offer us much.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:12 am

Most noticeable thing for me is the speed of passing and movement.Its all gone a bit stop start and pedestrian which is so much easier to defend against
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:55 am

Thought Savic did OK. He's like Lescott on a poor day but hopefully will improve.
Aguero was magnificent. Johnson played his best game for a long time. We really need him to play that well for the rest of the season
Kolarov I'm just not going to bother with. That free kick FFS ! Some of his play I would be embarrassed with on a Sunday morning pub match
Milner is a must in the team for me. Gives 100% every match

Good confidence booster for Edin although Aguero did all the work. Not convinced they are the best up front partnership. I wonder how far ahead we would be if the Cnut had been partnering Sergio up front. Maybe we should try Nasrii up front ?
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:06 pm

nasri doesn't like to shoot though
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:25 am

I have to agree with bob, I thought it was possibly Barry's poorest performance of the season.

Johnson impressed me for the first time in a long long time when he has started a game. Still has a lot of aspects of his game to improve on, but he contributed well to the win.

Savic did a job, nothing outstanding, but solid enough performance, good for us to get a clean sheet too.

Dzeko infuriated me at times, I don't like to slate him as I like his ethic and attitude, but I am not sure of the combination of him + Aguero at the moment - Sergio must feel like shooting either Dzeko or himself at times.

Very comfortable win, didn't really get out of second gear and we didn't need to.
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down