Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Maradona - about Sergio from MCFC Website EmptyToday at 3:45 pm by Nijinsky

» Pep’s at it again
Maradona - about Sergio from MCFC Website EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Maradona - about Sergio from MCFC Website EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Maradona - about Sergio from MCFC Website EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Maradona - about Sergio from MCFC Website EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Maradona - about Sergio from MCFC Website EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Maradona - about Sergio from MCFC Website EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Maradona - about Sergio from MCFC Website EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Maradona - about Sergio from MCFC Website EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Maradona - about Sergio from MCFC Website EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Maradona - about Sergio from MCFC Website

2 posters

Go down

Maradona - about Sergio from MCFC Website Empty Maradona - about Sergio from MCFC Website

Post by blueboy Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:55 pm

Diego Maradona, arguably the best player who ever punched a ball into a net, talking about the best team in the land and all the world. What more could you ask?

Sport360.com are claiming an exclusive with the Hand of God, who was over from Dubai this weekend to visit the Agueros, and we've not seen the great man's quotes elsewhere yet.

They're not exactly plentiful, however, and while it would be easy to say he's given City the seal of approval, that's only up to a point, it would seem from Chris McHardy's story.

He writes: "Diego Maradona believes his son-in-law, Sergio ‘Kun’ Aguero, has finally found a stage befitting of his talents at Manchester City. But that’s not to say he’s happy about it.

"Aguero, 23, has been a revelation in his debut season at the Etihad Stadium, scoring 19 goals in 34 games in all competitions since his club-record £38m move from Atletico Madrid.

"Maradona continues to keep a close eye on his son-in-law’s progress (Aguero is married to his daughter Giannini) from Dubai and believes City is the right club for him to showcase his undoubted talents to the world.

“'My son-in-law has finally found a place in the world and a team where he can fight for important things,' he said."

So far, so good eh? Then Maradona reveals he tried to talk Atletico president Enrique Cerezo into building a team around Sergio "so they could make history".

But? “I think today, watching from my home in Dubai, seeing Aguero in Madrid would make for much more interesting matches than Kun Aguero at Manchester City.”

In a separate story, the Argentine idol - who scored many brilliant goals as well as the one that cheated England in a World Cup - worries that City don't score enough themselves.

Talking about the title, he says: “My heart says Manchester City, but I believe Mancini with all the players he’s got, is not daring enough. He is a bit too defensive. Maybe because he is Italian.”

Clearly, the old lad dozes off before they show the league table at the end of Match of the Day. Not so much Hand of God as Land of Nod. Here's how City lead the scoring, Diego.

Over at betsplayer.com, they've picked up Nigel de Jong's quotes on how City "can take heart from the fact they have come out of (a) tricky patch still sitting at the top of the table".

They quote Nige: "In the last few games we have proved that we now have another way of winning, by grinding out results. If we win 1-0 until the end of the season we’ll finish top.”

Crikey, don't let Diego hear that, he'll be wagging his finger and saying: "Told you so."
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Maradona - about Sergio from MCFC Website Empty Re: Maradona - about Sergio from MCFC Website

Post by Bewar3them00n Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:37 pm

Whatever we do, we won't be good enough or great enough for his son-in-law! even if we banged in 5 every game and played Barca style football, dazzling the fans, he'd find something to moan about!! like the weather!!!!
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down