Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Barcelona and Messi Questions EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:51 am by Jwils2710

» Pep’s at it again
Barcelona and Messi Questions EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Barcelona and Messi Questions EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Barcelona and Messi Questions EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Barcelona and Messi Questions EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Barcelona and Messi Questions EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Barcelona and Messi Questions EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Barcelona and Messi Questions EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Barcelona and Messi Questions EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Barcelona and Messi Questions EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Barcelona and Messi Questions

+2
coolenglishbob
blueboy
6 posters

Go down

Barcelona and Messi Questions Empty Barcelona and Messi Questions

Post by blueboy Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:52 pm

I've just watched the first half of Barca vs Leverk'en.

I've just watched Lionel Messi score 2 brilliant goals.

I've just watched Barca play in what can only be be described as either 2nd gear or 50% of their potential - but they are 2-0 up against the German Champions.

The questions:

1) Is Lionel Messi the greatest player you have personally witnessed?

2) Does this Barca team play the greatest football you have witnessed?

My answers:

1) - Lionel Messi has just scored 2 quite brilliant goals - second half to come. He looks like he is playing at 75% capacity and IF he really wanted and needed to, he could step it up to another level and score at will. I really don't think I have seen a player as good as he is in my lifetime.
I think that is now 51 goals in 49 matches for club and country this season. Put that into perspective - 30+ goals in a season so far for club, 10+ goals in the CL for club and the rest for his country who are ranked behind England. Add to that 7 hat-tricks so far this season, with maybe another to come tonight.

2) This Barca team play magical football. They defend from the back with finesse - all the back 4 play like classy midfielders. They have a midfield of top, top creative footballers, and their forward line is missing one of the most deadliest strikers in the world - David Villa...yet do what they do to Europe's elite teams with a passing game that I have never witnessed before. A control of the ball and work ethic beyond belief.

However - for me...........watching them can be pretty boring. Watching the games they are involved in can be pretty boring.

I've just witnessed 2 outstanding goals, saw football and passing of the highest order........but never once felt any excitement throughout that whole half, apart from admiring Messi's capabilities.

How can that be?

I still don't believe there is another league in the world that offers anywhere near as much excitement than the PL does. I know we have some poor games - but on the whole, you always get some excitement and drama other than a top class finish.

Weird......and a bit of an oxymoron.....but there you go.

Thoughts?
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Barcelona and Messi Questions Empty Re: Barcelona and Messi Questions

Post by blueboy Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:55 pm

Well........Messi's 5 goals breaks the CL record...and what finishes!

I've just grabbed my 12 year old and told him to watch his finishes.....and he said...."He's ok, Silva and Aguero are better"

Kids!!! Love their loyalty....but oh, how they need educating!!

Best player i've EVER wacthed........EVER.

Cheeky £120m bid......and fuck the FFP rules??????

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by coolenglishbob Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:01 pm

Messi ended up with 5 goals,the most by any player in the champions league.He is by far, IMO, the best player on the planet,and so humble in his execution,unlike the oik at Madrid.If or when we win the Europa it is most probable we will face Barca in the Super game.what a night that will be,seeing as how we beat them last time we met.
But Barca play sublime football Laverkusen were totally outclassed Smile

coolenglishbob
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:28 am

Messi is by far the best player in European football at the minute, he really does make scoring goals look sooooo easy. To chip the goalkeeper with both feet from 10yrds out is quite brilliant, but seems an effortless task to him.

You're right blue, you always felt Barca were playing well below their capabilities but they still looked a class above Leverkusen. The only reason i think it lacks excitement is because Barcas build up play is so slow and laboured that it bores everyone to death but once they get within 30yds of goal, their triangle passing is brilliant.

ceb, that super game would be a night to remember.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:35 am

barca are by far the best team in europe at the moment but real are closing the gap. those two teams are way ahead of the rest.

messi is like silva and aguero rolled into one and is probably the best i've seen just for the amount of goals he is scoring.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:38 am

BUT, BUT....
they are 10 points behind Madrid in the title race! Teams have worked out how to play against them in La Liga.
I too can find them a tad boring sometimes, although that's more to do with teams parking the bus, when teams attack them, well, it's great to watch the counter attacking, much like City in some respects, although we have some way to go to match their flat out prowess, but we have shown how to finish off teams this year, and done our fair share of blitzing other supposed top teams
UTD and SPURS away
It would be interesting to watch a City v Barca game with both teams full strength going for it, I dare say it would be a fantastic spectacle
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:52 am

Barca are definitely the most accomplished and complete team I've ever seen play. The best football? Possibly, but they seem to only reserve that for when they need to wheel it out. In the CL final last season, I was stunned at how easily they brushed United aside and wondered how United ever won the PL last season, or if any PL side would've been able to play against them. They are truly impressive to watch when they wheel it out, but it's painfully obvious that they don't stretch themselves unless they have to and I guess this is why some of their games are dull (and presumably where they drop points, too).

We've been likened to Barca in our style of play, but they do have something we don't: When they finally kick out of midfield and go for goal, it's done with speed and precision, things we don't yet do. But I have seen us play in second gear and cruise past weaker teams and use the midfield possession well. Honestly, I'd love to see us play against Barca, just to see where we are up to.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down