Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 14 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests

titbumwilly

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
arsenal away EmptyToday at 12:45 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
arsenal away EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
arsenal away EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
arsenal away EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
arsenal away EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
arsenal away EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
arsenal away EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
arsenal away EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
arsenal away EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
arsenal away EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

arsenal away

+4
Topdawg
shakencity
blueboy
Paulpowersleftfoot
8 posters

Go down

arsenal away Empty arsenal away

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:26 am

No more excuses of underestimating,injuries,tiredness etc
Simply have to take 3 points,nothing else will do.
How would you set up and what tactics should we use?
As ever we are most vulnerable from balls coming in from wide areas and whether wenger plays walcott or oxlade-chamberlain,we simply cant have kolorov at full back.In away games lately we've played Balotelli up top who doesnt hold the ball up or put any sort of shift in giving the opposition centre backs an easy afternoon without being rushed and harried into making mistakes,this obviously mustnt happen on sunday,especially with arsenal having a fairly wobbly defence under pressure for a top side.David Silva is not half the player from early season and i wouldnt have him in my starting line up,id go for similar tactics employed in the carling cup win there this season,soak up and hit on the break

-----------------------------------------HART----------------------------------------------------------

RICHARDS------------KOMPANY------------------------LESCOTT---------------CLICHY----------------

------------MILNER---------------------DE JONG-------------------BARRY----------------------------

---------------------------YAYA------------------------NASRI-------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------AGUERO-------------------------------------------------------

Obviously van persie is the biggest threat and we will need Milner,de jong & Barry to work their socks off to close up the gaps in between them and the back 4 and its essential that Barry & clichy in particular stop the supply from the wing into Van Persie,keep him quiet and we will win it
Arrogant rag bastards think theyve already won it,a win here and we are back in it
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

arsenal away Empty Re: arsenal away

Post by blueboy Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:36 am

Pretty similar to your line up PPLF...but got a feeling he may go for this:

Hart

Richards
Kolo
Kompany
Clichy

Nasri
DeJong
Yaya
Barry
Silva

Aguero

Just cannot see him dropping Silva. I think he will try and get Silva to play his way back into form. I'm not sure it is an injury or it's tiredness, i just think he has hit a bad patch.

I think he will play 5 in midfield when we don't have the ball and when we do, Silva and Nasri will push wider and Yaya will bomb through the middle.

The only thing that worries me is their counter-attacks...they have some serious pace and i can see Wenger unleashing the Oxe and Walcott on us.

The key battle will be between Barry/NDJ and Song/Rosicky IMO.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:34 am

Clichy has to start, as he has the speed to match Walnut. I too think he'll play with 5 in midfield with Aguero up top. Yaya needs pushing up to support Sergio and not played in DM, if he's not i'm gonna chin Mancini as it's really pissing me off now. I think Silva's gonig to start, so my line up would be.........but i'm sure it'll be miles off.

.............Little Joe

Micah.....Vince.....Kolo....Clichy

..........NDJ..........Barry

...Nasri........Yaya.......Silva

.............Aguero
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:58 am

Rumour is Lescott is fit again...will he risk him after 5 games out? If so - our team, but with Lescott in.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:12 am

I'll go with your team PPLF (though Mancini won't).
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:04 pm

AS long as we get Clichy and Richards back to doing what they do best, we have a good chance of winning, good shout to get Yaya further up, I'd play him behind Aguero, but keeping the fook away from our back 4 except for corners and obviously when we need to defend! he's as dangerous as any striker with his steamrolling runs.
It could be another hi-scoring game, I reckon it'll be end to end stuff as we will be going for the win as well as Arsenal who need to get 3rd, a draws no good for us, but as long as we don't go too gung-ho we're in with a shout, Arsenal got beat last week so they're not invincible, neither are we, but we are a wounded animal, let's send a message to UTD that we aren't buried just yet, atleast keep them honest until the derby!!
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:49 pm

I'm just glad its a Sunday match - don't want the whole weekend ruined.

Forgot to mention earlier this week - congrats to Wigan for out-Stoking the cloggers!!
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by ONH Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:57 pm

I think you'll find that most United fans dont think they've "already won it", but this week a lot of blues think they've "lost it" with a few being on here.

As long as United win I'am not arsed one little bit what city do, infact on my coupon I've got you down for a draw but wont be suprised or bothered if you win as its another set of fictures over with.

Last Monday United were very nervous at home & I'am expecting Sunday to be more of the same, squaky bum time.

Happy Easter.

ONH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:06 pm

Reports coming out that Milner has had a spat with Mancini, be interesting to see what part he plays in Sundays game, if any, we've missed him away from home.

Lezza and Sergio both should be fit.
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:11 pm

With City on the slide, and UTD stringing wins together while we just draw, it's no wonder that many of us see doom and gloom, with the press seemingly sharpening their knives, eager to have a go at any opportunity, is it any surprise that many Blues think it's all over? the smart money says UTD won't slip up, while City are seemingly at war with each other, on and off the pitch.
I think secretly you're rubbing your hands together with glee ONH! unless we see a monumental swing in form, not only for City, but UTD too ( the other way) it's realisticly, not going to happen this year for us, No most UTD fans don't think they've won it, most think they'll win it, and proportionally the other way with City fans.
I will give up booze for a year if City win the title (after I've celebrated of course!) here's hoping for sobriety.....
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:29 pm

Let's look at it this way:

United play QPR - 5 points ahead of us.

If they draw - they go 6 clear.

We play Arsenal after them - win and the gap is 3 points.

We play United on 30th April - if we both win our next 3 games after this weekend.....that game WILL be massive. Winner-potentially takes all.

It's not such a long shot that we both keep winning until the derby, when one may win and the hope is some dropped points in the future games.

United have:

QPR - Home
Wigan - Away
Villa - Home
Everton - Home

IF we win all of our games between now and 30th....we only need United to draw or lose in one of the above....and it's game on for the derby.

We in contrast have:

Arsenal - Away
WBA - Home
Norwich - Away
Wolves - Away

Now, i know we are away 3 out of 4 games...but i'd honestly rather play WBA, Wolves and Norwich - than Everton, Villa and Wigan - home or away.

It will all come down to this weekend IMO...we beat Arsenal - and i really think it's game on for 30th.

If so - after the derby....

we have Newcastle away - QPR at home.

United have Swansea home, Sunderland away.

This weekend may well decide the outcome.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ONH Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:48 pm

on thing I do know about this weekend, if city lose & united win I cant see United throwing away an eight point lead with six games to go.

But like I said before I would'nt be to surprised if both teams win.

ONH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:04 pm

Sweep usually gives Evra a good game, don't know if he's even playing much for QPR at the mo though. One of Hughes biggest failings with us was that he couldn't outwit Fergie though so I'm expecting no less than a United win this weekend to be honest.
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:10 pm

Seems that it's a roll of the dice - We draw with Stoke, Wigan beat Stoke - and QPR beat Arsenal. On the day anything can happen. Hopefully a few tactics and good team selection come into play - but I'm resigned to finishing 2nd in the league now after drawing at home with Sunderland.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:30 pm

Wensdi wrote:Seems that it's a roll of the dice - We draw with Stoke, Wigan beat Stoke - and QPR beat Arsenal. On the day anything can happen. Hopefully a few tactics and good team selection come into play - but I'm resigned to finishing 2nd in the league now after drawing at home with Sunderland.

Pessimist!! xx
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:37 pm

If I'm a pessmist - then I'll be pleasantly surprised (hopefully) LOL
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:52 pm

Good News! Lawro's got us down to lose at Arsenal 2-1!!!!
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:14 pm

Bewar3them00n wrote:Good News! Lawro's got us down to lose at Arsenal 2-1!!!!

It's all over then! We know how good he is at predicting games. Shocked
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down