Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
New Buys for next season EmptyToday at 8:49 am by Jwils2710

» So, it's another last day shoot out.
New Buys for next season EmptyFri May 17, 2024 5:36 pm by Topdawg

» Today's game
New Buys for next season EmptyThu May 16, 2024 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
New Buys for next season EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
New Buys for next season EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
New Buys for next season EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
New Buys for next season EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
New Buys for next season EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
New Buys for next season EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
New Buys for next season EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

New Buys for next season

+3
Topdawg
blueboy
Jordan
7 posters

Go down

New Buys for next season Empty New Buys for next season

Post by Jordan Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:58 am

Right I know we have six difficult games to go but being the typical City fan pessimist I am I'd rather look to next season...

I think we need a central defender, holding midfielder, winger and a striker (possibly two).

I'd love to see someone with Premiership experience as a CD, someone like Dawson, Jagielka or Hanglaand. Lescott and Kompany are great together but Savic just isn't up to it, at least for 2/3 seasons.

Holding midfielder - Someone similar to Barry but with more energy. I still think Milner could do this role but Mancini doesn't like to play him here, and Toure is much more effective as an AM

Winger - Ah I can't help but think if we had managed to find a winger in the summer we would be in an even better position than we are now. I remember when Johnson got injured and we nearly got Larsson. Would of been an amazing buy IMHO. Much better than Johnson, not just an impact player and could of supplied Dzeko. If United win the league, most fans will look towards and thank Valencia. I hate to admit it but he has been unbelievable for them this season. We could really do with our own Valencia.

Striker - If Tevez/Balo go, obviously one being Gudietti, and I think RVP would look great in blue, but can't see that.

Any thoughts?
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

New Buys for next season Empty Re: New Buys for next season

Post by blueboy Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:54 am

Keepers - covered

RB - got Zab and Milner can play there

CB - agree, better coverage, all depends on what happens to Kolo. He goes, we need to buy...he stays, maybe somebody better than Savic for cover. Micah can also cover if necessary. Vertonghen for me.

LB - Clichy stays for me....but if he persists with Kolorov at LB...then this IS definitely an area we need to strengthen. Lahm???

DFM - this is the one area that still puzzles me. Why do we need DFM's?? Look at United the other day....Scholes and Carrick - neither DFM, but can sit if needed. Scholes ran the show a la Scott Parker from deep...i just don't see NDJ and Barry doing this role, which sort of detracts from our attacking options and they both sit deep....even when playing together.

Rather than DFM's...i'd like a play maker from deep like a Scholes. Who? Not sure.

MF.....think we have this sown up with Milner, Nasri, Yaya and Silva.

Wingers - Johnson stays, but needs to be played on the left. Hazard is a must for me....even push the boat out and gamble on Robben as well.

ST- let's assume he sells Tevez & Balotelli and keeps Dzeko & Aguero. Guidetti worth a shout as we own him anyway. Wingers above a must if we play with Dzeko up top and Aguero off him. Who else - Cavanni for me would fit right in.

*** I really would like to see some of our EDS given a chance as well - Roman i've banged on about all season (bored you to death with him), Suarez, Huwahla maybe.

For me - a starting line-up for next season something like this:

Hart

Richards
Kompany
Vertonghen
Clichy

Hazard
Yaya (can sit if Silva goes forward)
Silva (playmaker from deep, but can go forward allowing Yaya to sit)
Robben/Johnson

Cavanni
Aguero
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:42 am

i think we need a spare CB whether Kolo goes or not. All it takes is an injury and a suspension and you have savic playing again.

i agree with bluey that other teams don't play with DMs and can still do well so i won't bother with a DM.

wingers - hazard and robben (though i reckon his agent just wanted a better deal at bayern for him)

attackers - balo and tevez to go. guidetti to be given a chance. cavanni is top of my list or rvp, even though i don't like him, or maybe even torres.

Last edited by Topdawg on Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:43 am

All sounds very fair to me. And I like the idea of pushing the youth product into the team, we really need to be doing this now if we're going to dodge round the dreaded FFP (and I'd bet my house that we'd be the first PL side to suffer from it's wrath).

Zab can play in any of the defensive roles, he even looks comfortable at LB when he plays there. Granted, not the fastest of players, but I love his attitude and commitment and I'd hate to see him pushed out.

And I agree we need a Scholes-alike who can play in the hole, rather than have someone posted there full time. Barry can sometimes do it, but only when we're pressing forward a lot. If we get under the kosh, he tends to drop back and stay there, which is no help if we suddenly break. As good as he is, we either need him to move more, or swap him for someone that will. I'd prefer us to retrain him, he's been a good player for most of the season and I'd rather not get rid of him if we can mould him a bit.

Strikers are a given and I'd agree to keeping Sergio and Edin purely on the basis that they appear to want to be here.

I don't really want us to make too many sweeping changes. New players need to bed in and I think we could be in danger of making the "one purchase too many" if we're not careful.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:02 pm

What about Hargreaves playing in that holding role, or do we expect him to be moved on/continually injured?

We all seem to agree where we need to invest, lest's just hope the No1 knows too.

For me a CB's a must.....don't know who at the minute.

2 out and out wingers for me, AJ can go. Bale (can we use Ade as part of a deal?) and A N Other.

CF's a must too, RVP will do for me.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:08 pm

I'd like to see Hargreaves given a good go. I really think Milner can do that role, he is quick and can get up and down the pitch efficiently.

I would keep Lescott and Vince as main CB's but buy another cover.

.....................Hart.........

Richards.....Vince.....Lescott....Clichy (My wish would be sell Kolarov and buy Baines)

New winger.....Milner.....Nasri

...................Silva......

..........RVP/Cavanni.....Aguero.....
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:27 pm

Sorry that should be YAYA, not Milner
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:46 pm

can't really see arsenal selling us rvp even if we offered £30M. spuds won't sell us bale.

these clubs would want these players to move abroad if they left otherwise they will have even less chance next season.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:01 pm

i definitely would steer clear of robben always injured would cost around 15 mill and we'd be lucky to get 20 games out of him look at his record with chelsea & bayern it is just like us trying to go and buy santa cruz all over again. hazard is definitely the one i'd be looking at along with higuain or cavani. Vertonghen was a good shout. another player i would'nt mind seeing at City is eriksson of Ajax a lot of potential there.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:06 pm

our best defence is plenty good enough. haven't we still let the least goals in in the premier league?

one big problem we've had is scoring since xmas especially with silva out of form. we do need a very able deputy (nasri isn't looking like he'll be that man).
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:09 pm

Yes Dawg, we've conceded the fewest goals in the PL: 26 goals all season, less than 1 per game.

Also, while we're discussing all these fancy pants foreign players, we need to keep an eye on the 8 man Brit content.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:24 pm

cheeky bid for Everton's LB?
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter