Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
James Milner - The Invisible Rock of England EmptyFri May 03, 2024 11:01 pm by shakencity

» Pep’s at it again
James Milner - The Invisible Rock of England EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
James Milner - The Invisible Rock of England EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
James Milner - The Invisible Rock of England EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
James Milner - The Invisible Rock of England EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
James Milner - The Invisible Rock of England EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
James Milner - The Invisible Rock of England EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
James Milner - The Invisible Rock of England EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
James Milner - The Invisible Rock of England EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
James Milner - The Invisible Rock of England EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

James Milner - The Invisible Rock of England

4 posters

Go down

James Milner - The Invisible Rock of England Empty James Milner - The Invisible Rock of England

Post by blueboy Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:16 am

Great article. Read and heard a lot of nonsense over the past 2 weeks about Milner....the Mr Nobody of England, "would rather have Walcott" etc etc.

This article says everything about what Milner's about and why he MUST play tomorrow:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/jun/22/euro-2012-james-milner-england
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

James Milner - The Invisible Rock of England Empty Re: James Milner - The Invisible Rock of England

Post by TMG Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:14 am

Yeah Good article Blue. Much like Barry he does a lot of the less sexy stuff:-, running back, tackling, closing the opposition down
He will never be a popular figure because of this. In fact many cheered in the pub I was in, when he was hauled off BUT I know we wouldn't be anywhere near as solid without him
I'm all for giving Walcott a run at the opposition in the last 20 once the groundwork has been done & the opposition are tired but if we put Walcott on from the start we will find ourselves with an uphill battle in the 2nd half
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

James Milner - The Invisible Rock of England Empty Re: James Milner - The Invisible Rock of England

Post by Bewar3them00n Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:18 am

It's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it!
England are set up to defend, counter-attack and score from set pieces, Roy's got a plan, and the team are buying into it, and it's working!
Look at the France v Spain game, Alonso's 1st goal, where was Malouda? would Milner or Barry sit and watch? no they'd be tracking back, and we'd still be in the game! If Milner had put that ball in against Frrance after he'd rounded the keeper, people would be singing a different tune.
Thank god Harry's not manager, he'd have Wallcott, the Ox, Defoe on as well, we'd look great going forward, but we'd be shipping them in for fun at the back!
I hope Miner scores to shut people up, it's not his job to create, although he has put a few mean crosses in the box in the 3 games, I don't know Young's stats, but he's not impressed me so far, if all the team put the effort Miner put's in, we'd have a good chance against Italy, Young, Rooney. they need to raise thier game, Hart, Lescott and Milner have been solid every game, I hope they do us proud tomorrow!
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:29 am

Glad to see Milner's getting acknowledged - I was just thinking today about what the commentator said on the France v Spain match. "Rooney and England v Italy tomorrow". WTF - what about Milner and England tomorrow. I was tickled when I logged on here and my thoughts about England and Milner were echoed in the article.

Good Luck England - and good luck Milner, Hart and Lescott - I know I am repeating myself from the last article I posted - but I'm a bit superstitious like that.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:42 am

It is a great article - have you read some of the responses though? Some people just can't see the wood for the trees!!
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:01 pm

I know, it got my back right up! had to chip in and "correct" a few people!!!
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down