Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 20 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 20 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Super Mario! EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 3:57 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Super Mario! EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Super Mario! EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Super Mario! EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Super Mario! EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Super Mario! EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Super Mario! EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Super Mario! EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Super Mario! EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Super Mario! EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

Top posting users this month
No user

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Super Mario!

+7
leopold
Plays By Sense Of Smell
Wensdi
Topdawg
coolenglishbob
TMG
Bewar3them00n
11 posters

Go down

Super Mario! Empty Super Mario!

Post by Bewar3them00n Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:58 pm

Mario repays the faith shown in him, not only by Prandelli, but for the numerous times Mancini has stuck by him over the last few seasons.
2 fantastic goals in the 1st half sunk a German side, who, like England had no answer for the awesome Pirlo.

And, it puts into context England's defeat on penalties by Italy, maybe we weren't all that bad after all? no, actually we were...!

Now, let's have a decent final, and whatever the result, we'll have another champion in the team! what a season this has turned out to be!
go on Mario, go on David, let's have a classic...
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Super Mario! Empty Re: Super Mario!

Post by TMG Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:07 pm

Wow what a superb MATURE performance from SMB !

Lets hope this tournament is the making of him, he can put all the foolishness behind him & become one of the greats !

Well done Mario

And it's always good to see the Germans stuffed Smile
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by coolenglishbob Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:29 am

Superb show by Magic Mario,what is his price now? Juve cannot afford him.

Off topic,compared to Buffon, Joe Hart is brilliant,Buffons distribution and handling were to say the least,wanting.The tournament, from Citys point of view has been fantastic.David Silva, Super Mario,Jo Lescott

Joe Hart,they have all been immense. Jimmy Milner put in his usual stint.Even Gael Clichy was great for France. Rooney and Young???

coolenglishbob
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:20 am

the only downside was taking off his shirt and getting booked. he still has a bit to learn.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:32 am

Never saw that coming - thought the Germans would be too strong. Really good match - I also thought the same as Bob - we never shipped any goals against the Italians - if only the two Ronnies - sorry the two Ashleys hadn't fluffed their lines we could have gone on and stuffed the Germans. LOL

Well done Mario - proud of you. Hope the Italians stuff the Spanish now.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Plays By Sense Of Smell Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:49 am

Excellent finishes both, though the second was a scorcher!

Another England finals wrecked primarily by Manu; Young's peno/ pube head's crapness; phil Neville stupid challenge (France 98 and one other occasion I think?); Rooney getting sent off, one trick pony's petulant kick out...there's been that many I've lost count now and they all seem rolled into one. Added to the possibility that we might e able to show up FFP for the farce it is and I think Football (and England) are eventually going to thank us for ending the red empire and starting a new era.
Plays By Sense Of Smell
Plays By Sense Of Smell
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:03 am

Mario has a new nickname now "il Postino" after his comment about not celebrating, "does a Postman celebrate when he delivers the mail" "I'm just doing my job"
I see the headlines now, The Postman Always Rings Twice!

Let's hope he carries on this controlled playing style and delivers another great display in the final! The only downside is that with Silva playing in the final, one of our players is going to be unhappy come the final whistle!
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:12 pm

I thought Germany would've won comfortably. Shows what I know, I guess!

Decent enough display from Italy, but showed the Germans defence up in a big way. Defensively, we were far superior, we never let Mario have that kind of space for most of the game and the one occasion he did slip his man, Joe stood him down well.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:39 pm

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/citytv/Features/2012/June/Show-reel-4-Mario-Balotelli

Watch Noel Gallagher basically sum up what Mario is.

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:56 am

I just find it irritating seeing what he can do compared to the displays he puts in for city
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:29 pm

Paulpowersleftfoot wrote:I just find it irritating seeing what he can do compared to the displays he puts in for city
Come on PPLF....we all know he's been a twat, but a genius at the same time. I think we all should hope that this tournament will finally see him grow up a little - he's only 21 still.

One things for sure - the £22m we paid for him could be easily doubled if City wanted to sell him right now - which isn't going to happen.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:36 am

Yes, I'd like to see Mario get all fired up when he plays for us too. I know he gave a good showing in the FA Cup final, and against the rags at the swamp, and on the last day of the season. But I want to see him do it on a wet Monday night against Wigan, or on a chilly New Year trip to Sunderland.

And I'm getting a mite tired of this "only a kid" argument (sorry Blue), he's the same age as Danny Welbeck and yet the massive gap in temperament is painfully obvious. Granted, Welbeck isn't half as able, but are we really forgiving Mario because of the talent he undoubtedly has? He needs to grow up. Hopefully he stormed off the pitch last night to calm down, rather than just sulk.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:04 am

Personally i still think he's a knob and wouldn't be pissed off in the slightest if he was sold (i know it's not going to happen btw).

That said, i admit he does seem to have shown a tad more maturity at the Euros, so IF he continues along that path at City next season we may well get alot more from him.......changing my mind about him along the way Rolling Eyes .

I don't think we should go overboard on his goals here, ok he took them both well but what about the numerous shots he's blazed high wide and handsome? The law of averages says he was going to score atleast 1.

His agent's now come out and said he'll be the 1st £200m player.............i now know where "Super Mario" gets his inflated ego from. I'd just be happy if we got what we paid for him (joke Laughing) .

Right, i'll await your abuse!
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:45 pm

Shaken, no abuse from me, if he'd have continued where he started the Euro's (pounding the turf after fluffing his lines) and got sent off, then he'd be on shakey ground, but because he's risen to the occasion, shown maturity, scored a few corkers, we can all hope he continues on this path next season.
Post Arsenal, he's been vastly improved.
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:00 pm

Will happily show him the door with the extra 10m on his pricetag after the Euros. Still too much of a liability for the odd streak of brilliance.

Reverted to type after the final acting like Kevin and Perry wanting to storm off the pitch.

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:21 pm

SuperMario my arse
Somewhere along the line people seemed to have confused " character " and "arsehole". Mario is an A grade arsehole,I've yet to see anything to change my mind about him and would get shut in a heartbeat.
And he can take Iscariot with him because he's an A grader too,not fit to be in the presence of Vinnie and Zab
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:45 am

what did mario actually do???

he ran about harder than usual. good for him.

he didn't get himself sent off. good for him.

he scored two great goals in 6 games and one easy header.

it was a good patch of 6 games for him. aguero will do that all season long (and more)
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by johnsavitta Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:13 pm

He looked very mature in the way he played, he scored 2 great goals in the semi, he tried in the final but got no service, he was upset at the end because he'd done his best. I think that is the maturity we want to see from him. Give him a chance to prove himself at city, don't just write him off. He is a world class striker who has issues. Let him prove himself, don't just write him off
johnsavitta
johnsavitta
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down